Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    From what I've seen personally these days in this bubble wrapped hiviz society, the vests have some visual aid out in the open but inner city & urban environment there's so many wearing them it all just blends into one big collage of colours. And to the average "gotta be somewhere 5mins ago" joe behind the wheel almost a veil of invisibility for their monocular form of vision.

C is an obtuse POS

Canary Yellow.......Ala Joey Dunlop

Time to start wearing the " Hi Viz with LED's" with red ones on the back.

https://www.rideawaystore.com/en-NZ/Harry-Hall-LED-Hi-Viz-Adjustable-Reflective-Tabard/r5052369.htm?colour=fluorescent+yellow&sku=405601&productid=117333&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20API&_$ja=tsid:|cid:912719231|agid:51223153808|tidla-302748035475|crid:216784845776|nw:g|rnd:8118288948 362726353|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKARXj6f01HXIRqccJXul ZcWvVBcEQlVqF9v6apASUGN-6tzMr8ne1RoC_4cQAvD_BwE
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    From what I've seen personally these days in this bubble wrapped hiviz society, the vests have some visual aid out in the open but inner city & urban environment there's so many wearing them it all just blends into one big collage of colours. And to the average "gotta be somewhere 5mins ago" joe behind the wheel almost a veil of invisibility for their monocular form of vision.
    All true.

Make yourself more visible thru whatever means possible.
    Joe public are only concerned about themselves.

Will depend on what areas etc you are in. As to what you can do.

My OMG moments have been reducing.

It just means I need to concentrate more on my lack of stop, evasion and observation skills

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Bring back the BMW helmet that had the motion activated stop light across the back everytime you nodded your head the light blazed up

Bike
    suzuki
    Bring back the BMW helmet that had the motion activated stop light across the back everytime you nodded your head the light blazed up
    fuck me, what happens when the wobblehead indians rode, they'd run out of batteries fast

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    fuck me, what happens when the wobblehead indians rode, they'd run out of batteries fast
    Pataks bobblehead brigade
    Just had a quick google to see if I could find a pic but see there's a new resurgence of ideas coming through for them with LED arrays etc. The Beemer one was a variation of the old golf ball style model helmet. Bit the same as when Suzuki rumoured the helmet with HUD in the mid/late 90s

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Never worked so hard in my life.

Feck yez all.
    THAT'S the spirit!

And whose fault is it that you're working so hard? he? eh?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    The hardest part must be the fact that being retired he can't stop an idiot talking simply by putting a hand on their shoulder...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Bring back the motorists that actually look in their mirrors, and indicate 3 seconds before they merge into an adjacent lane. Closey today with 4wd but was watching them predicted it and held back...sure enough ...i'm invisible, ... they did get to hear my first use of the gooses's honky horn just to let them know the person with the standout white helmet and headlight blaring at them is still alive. Don't think if I was painted head to toe in hi viz would have made any difference.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

https://www.rideawaystore.com/en-NZ/Harry-Hall-LED-Hi-Viz-Adjustable-Reflective-Tabard/r5052369.htm?colour=fluorescent+yellow&sku=405601&productid=117333&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20API&_$ja=tsid:|cid:912719231|agid:51223153808|tidla-302748035475|crid:216784845776|nw:g|rnd:8118288948 362726353|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKARXj6f01HXIRqccJXul ZcWvVBcEQlVqF9v6apASUGN-6tzMr8ne1RoC_4cQAvD_BwE
    If they don't look and see you, waste of time, avoid tin tops, ride defensively.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Bring back the motorists that actually look in their mirrors, and indicate 3 seconds before they merge into an adjacent lane. Closey today with 4wd but was watching them predicted it and held back...sure enough ...i'm invisible, ... they did get to hear my first use of the gooses's honky horn just to let them know the person with the standout white helmet and headlight blaring at them is still alive. Don't think if I was painted head to toe in hi viz would have made any difference.
    Mirrors depending on the geographical location they have dual purposes these days: either an extension of the bathroom vanity unit so they can check their warpaint on their mugs or for checking the rugrats aren't killing each other in the back seat, and external mirrors are feeler gauges for rubbing up against other vehicles & garage doors

Mirrors or not most of those types you had a reality check with suffer ME syndrome and are totally oblivious to others around them, you could be there beside their door naked and they'd still be focused on themselves & just themselves.

Bike
    Mirrors depending on the geographical location they have dual purposes these days: either an extension of the bathroom vanity unit so they can check their warpaint on their mugs or for checking the rugrats aren't killing each other in the back seat, and external mirrors are feeler gauges for rubbing up against other vehicles & garage doors

Mirrors or not most of those types you had a reality check with suffer ME syndrome and are totally oblivious to others around them, you could be there beside their door naked and they'd still be focused on themselves & just themselves.
    Exackerly trust no crunt.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Read the article. It does not say if a car hit the bikes - so I presume so. Riders die when cars are involved.

I don't subscribe to that dayglow garbage.

I watch out for myself by actively watching out for myself.

In traffic I sometimes switch on the hazards as flashing lights are easy to see.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    Read the article. It does not say if a car hit the bikes - so I presume so. Riders die when cars are involved.

I don't subscribe to that dayglow garbage.

I watch out for myself by actively watching out for myself.

In traffic I sometimes switch on the hazards as flashing lights are easy to see.
    So the same 'cagers' who are blind to hi viz will see you filtering up behind them with your hazard lights on?

I watch out, but find my 360 degree vision taxed.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    The onus is on the passing vehicle to make sure their passing manoeuvre is safe, not the expectation of the driver in front looking out for you.

The car/truck/campervan/tuk tuk,taxi etc driver is not paying any attention to you- ride accordingly.

Can recommend a few weeks of riding in Vietnam and India to drive this home.

I sometimes wear Hi Viz but as mentioned it has just blended into the wallpaper of life, notice how no one takes any notice off the speed signs

around road works when its not busy.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...fuck off cunt...

Thread Information