Page 272 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1722222622702712722732742823223727721272 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 39423

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Several
    Have you guys measured up the RS125 pipe?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Have you guys measured up the RS125 pipe?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS125 Pipe Dimensions.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	239122

We haven't measured ours, but I found this on the net ........... page 270 has a lot of other info too.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Name:	RS125 Pipe Dimensions.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	239122

We haven't measured ours, but I found this on the net ........... page 270 has a lot of other info too.
    Ahh, Shit it was right in front of me!

Cheers, I'm just working over pipe designs and stuff, I've grafted a new one on but its still a heavy road pipe, I would like to make a lighter one soon. Still have much other stuff to do on the bike yet!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Cheers, I'm just working over pipe designs and stuff..........
    The maths for Blairs pipe designs are on page 200, for anyone who likes that sort of stuff.

XL spreadsheet for the basic design of an expansion chamber, based on Blairs work ........... The spread sheet...... Attachment 223667

I find the header section the hardest to make, page 200 shows the header section of a RG250 pipe being re used so only some new straight cones are needed to finish the pipe.

Bike
    Making progress with my variable V Tech inlet tract and timing. Fitted the divider tonight and bolted it all up.

The plan is to run it up with the valve fully open then fully closed, compare the graphs and manually switch it during a run to see what a dual curve looks like. I am ready to go, just need to get to the dyno.

Hopefully it lasts long enough to see if it has any merit and nothing catastrophic happens, like the divider coming loose and getting caught in the rotary valve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3 V Tech Inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	239147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1 V Tech Inlet 2 (1).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	239148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2 V Tech Inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	239149  

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    are you building a variable timing system?
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    are you building a variable timing system?
    TeeZee's inlet idea is like the V Techs dual cam timing, with the rotary valve closing 55 deg ATDC at lower rpm and 85 deg at higher rpm. The size of the inlet tract and hence gas velocity also varies and its hoped both things together will allow the engine to pull well and cleanly from lower rev's.

Last Sat it ran pretty well around Mt Welly using just 2 gears, but TeeZee could see it was blowing back a bit through the carb when Kel was pulling out of the hair pin. With the V Tech inlet TeeZee hopes it will pull cleanly out of the slower corners and with its great top end run from corner to corner without losing time having to change gears and a zing on the clutch will launch it out of a tight spot or enable it to dive under someone if they let the slightest gap open up.

Anyway Ivan that's how I understand it from what Ive heard them talking about here at work.

Bike
    Several
    I find the header section the hardest to make, page 200 shows the header section of a RG250 pipe being re used so only some new straight cones are needed to finish the pipe.
    Yeah!
    Ive got an OK Pipe but its a double skinned roadbike one. I weighed it tonight and it totals 8KG!

I thought I would get the rest of the engine sussed and play a bit, maybe with some different road pipes and shapes and when I have it finalised make a final pipe out of nice light and thin stuff and hope the heat difference doesn't change things too much.

I made this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bucket pipes 2.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	239175 Scatter plot in excel to give a visual depiction of the differences between a few pipes.
    It isn't all that accurate but I may slowly refine it.

Note the steep angle of the RS125 baffle.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    when I have it finalised make a final pipe out of nice light and thin stuff

not to thin as this is for a bucket and they spend a fair amount of time on there side
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    TZ400
    That old Honda pipe mod drawing is completely useless, it was never used by the factory in any form.The rear cone is insanely steep.
    And the so called A Kit pipes were designed to work with high Ex ports - where the customer engines all had 83*ATDC to let them rev without an electric powerjet.
    I have much better designs with a ton of dyno time on them, but of course they are all specific to 50Hp 125 cylinders, not 30Hp 100cc designs.
    Here is one that has won dozens of 125 kart titles, but again it should just point you in the right direction for the 100.

Name:	Neels Pipe.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	239197  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Making progress with my variable V Tech inlet tract and timing. Fitted the divider tonight and bolted it all up.

The plan is to run it up with the valve fully open then fully closed, compare the graphs and manually switch it during a run to see what a dual curve looks like. I am ready to go, just need to get to the dyno.

Hopefully it lasts long enough to see if it has any merit and nothing catastrophic happens, like the divider coming loose and getting caught in the rotary valve.
    Is that a foam filter in the 1st pic? Be sure to dyno with and without it. I found that any sort of filter or mesh screen cost hp.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Is that a foam filter in the 1st pic? Be sure to dyno with and without it. I found that any sort of filter or mesh screen cost hp.

Name:	A3 V Tech Inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	239233 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27hp Cylinder and Graph 008.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	239237

No, not a filter, its a wind sheld to stop the wind blowing directly across the open bellmouth and upsetting the carburation. Also in the event of a crash it folds over the bellmouth and hopfully stops realy large rocks being sucked in.

Bike
    TZ400
    Here is the A Kit spec RS125 pipe drawing.

Name:	A kit Pipe.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	503.3 KB 
ID:	239239  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Nice so the valve shuts off at low RPM causing it to change the Inlet port sizing and not overfuel it at low revs? then when you accelarate past a certain RPM it opens right up?

Just guessing ti doesnt have the Vtec sound of the BOOOWWWW then 6k DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I had a 2.2 litre Dohc Vtec Prelude thing was insane!
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    not to thin as this is for a bucket and they spend a fair amount of time on there side
    Yeah, I'm quite keen to tuck it out of the way so it would take a colission or real nasty ding to dent it.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    That old Honda pipe mod drawing is completely useless, it was never used by the factory in any form.The rear cone is insanely steep.
    And the so called A Kit pipes were designed to work with high Ex ports - where the customer engines all had 83*ATDC to let them rev without an electric powerjet.
    I have much better designs with a ton of dyno time on them, but of course they are all specific to 50Hp 125 cylinders, not 30Hp 100cc designs.
    Here is one that has won dozens of 125 kart titles, but again it should just point you in the right direction for the 100.
    You are always full of useful info, cheers.

hopfully stops realy large rocks being sucked in.
    Always a Bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Here is the A Kit spec RS125 pipe drawing.
    As above
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information