Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Stoner's doing it tough I see...
    Yeah I saw that on Twitter. It's a hard llife. Shit, it's only a few weeks since they were stooging round Italy in a Lambo or Ferrari or whatever. Now the Maldives.
    Good on him.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Stoner will earn it. Imagine having to be Lorenzo's best buddy for a season..
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. Ago was another who had the advantage at times of having the only factory bike, lapping the entire field, winning by minutes.

Hailwood though rode anything and everything. Although he did have a golden start. Back when the Honda 250 fours were new his dad paid huge money to buy him one. He then the only one in private hands, big step up from his NSU 250, but had the talent to carry it on.

Rossi too had advantages, tyres for one. All three of those guys made the most of their opportunities. I wouldn't rank them.

The competition now is probably tougher than it has ever been and if Suzuki can get their ducks in a row, it's could get tougher. Whoever wins these days deserves it.
    We don't know how lucky we are...

I note that Capirossi has been appointed Dorna rep in Race Direction.
    Pitch as far as I am aware the 125 and 250 Hondas that Hailwood rode in 1961 were only loaned from Honda they, were well worn practice mounts.
    Honda loaned them, as they could recognise talent, no doubt WS was also a pushy B-stard. But that was likely as much of a hinderence as a positive to Mike career
    As far as i am aware WS (Stan) only provided Mike Hailwoods start up capitial and early financial support , Ecurie Sportive was actually in the black after only 18 months.
    Prior to his he had already won a 125 GP (1959) He also won all 4 ACU championships in 1959
    The high esteem that Hailwood is held in, is i believe totally deserved, all of his contemporaries tend to rate him as being the greatest talent they ever seen.
    Honda held him in such high esteeme that they allowed him to keep his later works bikes
    They also later did the same for Doohan.
    Hailwood won three tts in a week twice he was actually leading in the forth until the 7R gudgeon pin broke.
    By the time he had became a work MV rider at the end of 1961 he had won 250 races 220 at lap records 6 British championship and placed in 32 GP's
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Pitch as far as I am aware the 125 and 250 Hondas that Hailwood rode in 1961 were only loaned from Honda they, were well worn practice mounts.
    Honda loaned them, as they could recognise talent, no doubt WS was also a pushy B-stard. But that was likely as much of a hinderence as a positive to Mike career
    As far as i am aware WS (Stan) only provided Mike Hailwoods start up capitial and early financial support , Ecurie Sportive was actually in the black after only 18 months.
    Prior to his he had already won a 125 GP (1959) He also won all 4 ACU championships in 1959
    The high esteem that Hailwood is held in, is i believe totally deserved, all of his contemporaries tend to rate him as being the greatest talent they ever seen.
    Honda held him in such high esteeme that they allowed him to keep his later works bikes
    They also later did the same for Doohan.
    Hailwood won three tts in a week twice he was actually leading in the forth until the 7R gudgeon pin broke.
    By the time he had became a work MV rider at the end of 1961 he had won 250 races 220 at lap records 6 British championship and placed in 32 GP's
    At the time it was reported that Stan had bought the 250, the price was quoted but the memory is a bit vague that far back. It was a big deal then. I don't recall mention of a 125 at that point. I think all my 'Motorcycle' magazines from that period are long gone so i can't go back through the way back stack.

I've just checked the 1960 results that I have here, they give British and international results all the way down to the Taranaki Grand Prix. Hailwood was mainly riding a pair of Ducatis in the small classes and a pair of Nortons. Later in the season a 250 Mondial and an AJS 350 also appear. He won both of the smaller classes virtually every time out. Also won a share of the bigger classes. Only appears to have made one appearance on the continent that year that I can see.

One thing that does stand out reading the European results is the scarcity of Brit riders. They do make a few appearances, Dickie Dale (later killed at the Nurburgring) is a regular, but it's the Rhodesian, South African, Australian riders and the Kiwis, notably Pawson and Hempleman who are the regular 'foreigners'.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    At the time it was reported that Stan had bought the 250, the price was quoted but the memory is a bit vague that far back. It was a big deal then. There was no mention of a 125 at that point. I think all my 'Motorcycle' magazines from that period are long gone so i can't go back through the way back stack.
    Stan was a showman, thats for sure, but a lot of that was just that a show, thats why they had to have the biggest van, all painted up, in the brightest colour, even if was a cheap old van. (cheaper than most others vans)
    I have a write up here from Charlie Rouse that says they were loaners.
    To be fair you covered the NSU that was ex Sutress, but missed the multiple Ducatis though.
    Pretty sure they had a full set of desmo of ex works 125 250 and 350 twins.
    I missed mentioning that those 1961 125 and 250 honda wins were actually the first wins for Honda at he TT.
    Against 2 other WORKS Honda enteries as well.
    this site which i just found has neat pics
    http://www.mikethebike.com/mikes_mechanic.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Nice abs on his Missus,and other things
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Haha. No sweat. My year can only get better. Cheers.
    you still outa your apartment?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    you still outa your apartment?
    Fuck yeah. Gonna be end of March at best before I get back home mate. So mortgage, rent for my temp place, two lots of power etc etc etc...= broken balls. And that's before we had to buy every single thing you need for day to day life when we were first outed. Bit of a cunt really. Still...Moto GP is on at about the time I'm hoping to go home!

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Fuck yeah. Gonna be end of March at best before I get back home mate. So mortgage, rent for my temp place, two lots of power etc etc etc...= broken balls. And that's before we had to buy every single thing you need for day to day life when we were first outed. Bit of a cunt really. Still...Moto GP is on at about the time I'm hoping to go home!
    Was gunna ask that question myself. What a bastard,feel for ya bud.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Cunts have gone and changed the date of the ItalianGP.

Fucks my travel plans.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Yeah I saw that on Twitter. It's a hard llife. Shit, it's only a few weeks since they were stooging round Italy in a Lambo or Ferrari or whatever. Now the Maldives.
    Good on him.
    Speaking of Casey, I was away on holiday to Hamilton Island past couple of weeks and saw this lap board on their go-kart track.

Obviously he knows how to take his vacation and knows how to drive/ ride!

Doohan was there too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161229_151028 (1).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	548.0 KB 
ID:	327928  

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Crikey, he was almost a second faster than next best.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Crikey, he was almost a second faster than next best.
    Exactly. He's wipe the floor with everyone else!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Various things
    Bet wee Pedro would be fast in a cart. All 45kgs of him.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...onington-park/

The bit that got my attention is

The modifications are all part of a wider upgrading of the circuit. The most important for the fans is to have free publicly accessible WiFi throughout the circuit. Maillet said that she wants to have fiber optic cable throughout the circuit, to ensure better connectivity everywhere.
    WTF? People go to watch a MotoGP race and the most important thing is free Wifi??
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information