Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: MAG NZ Taking Action

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Most indeed. You should see my friend's dog. On all fours their head is almost level with my chest and she's still only a pup.
    Where does the pups head come to when you stand up?

(sorry; I chose not to resist the urge)
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Tomorrow is the eleventh anniversary of my joining KB. In that time I have had precisely two people on ignore. Congratulations, you two may indeed consider yourselves "special".
    Happy anniversary.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    Where does the pups head come to when you stand up?

(sorry; I chose not to resist the urge)
    Wise choice. Gave me a chuckle.

If this dog were to rise up on it's hind legs I think it may well hit the ceiling.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    As much as it pains meto 'defend' cassina, in this case I think you and barnett are actually being a tad harsh. I very recently took out a cat on the bike. At night, poorly lit road and it was 'under/beside? a parked car' then obviously decided to shoot out and run across the road. I had ZERO time to react, brake, or avoid. All I could do was NOT hit the front brake hard, and ran over it squarely, both wheels. It was dead on impact, thankfully.
    I ride 'wide' of parked vehicles as much as possible, but under the circumstances there was bugger all I could do by the time the cat came into peripheral view in the headlight.
    Yes, I've hit one or two small animals myself. The cat I hit got up and ran away.

The point I (maybe we) am trying to make is that it is indeed possible to avoid a collision if properly prepared. I have only hit animals when not prepared and I take full responsibility for my part in it.

Cassina's attitude seems to be that if rushed by a dog a hit is always preordained and always the complete fault of the animal/owner.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Some seem to hold to the maxim "it is my right-of-way" and so drive / ride accordingly...

It's the same as "why don't you do the speed limit?" - there can be a number of reasons why not, I guess they are just not aware of what is happening round them...

When I learnt to drive it was drummed in... "you may have the right-of-way, but is it worth insisting on it and having an accident?" And I still drive / ride with that thought in the back of my mind... does mean a few have said "you drive / ride like a nana"... Doesn't mean I am not assertive of my position, just not aggressive about it...

Just saying...

Bike
    CB1300
    I'll just leave this here for those who think vegan animals are not a risk.
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-...rth-of-Awakino

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I'll just leave this here for those who think vegan animals are not a risk.
    Recently a duck crossed in front of me, reached the opposite side of road, then turned around and ran back across the lane into mine to attack me, I saw the oncoming attacker and took evasive action, still the duck came unfortunately it hadn't attended the latest physics course regarding momentum...... The duck became permanently light headed. I checked the bike it was ok.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Delete duplicate post.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Recently a duck crossed in front of me, reached the opposite side of road, then turned around and ran back across the lane into mine to attack me, I saw the oncoming attacker and took evasive action, still the duck came unfortunately it hadn't attended the latest physics course regarding momentum...... The duck became permanently light headed. I checked the bike it was ok.

So, did you stop & offer to make the duck confit-able?

& where did you send the bill?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post
    So, did you stop & offer to make the duck confit-able?

& where did you send the bill?
    Nah, just duck down and duck bill soup.
    It was already chilled out and lying on the road.

Maybe I should have taken it to check if it had had a heart and safety briefing and if it had any drug or alcohol problems.
    It didn't have any coordination problems as it tracked me each time I tried to evade it. It's didn't have a hi vis vest.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Nah, just duck down and duck bill soup.
    It was already chilled out and lying on the road.

Maybe I should have taken it to check if it had had a heart and safety briefing and if it had any drug or alcohol problems.
    It didn't have any coordination problems as it tracked me each time I tried to evade it. It's didn't have a hi vis vest.
    I wonder why it didn't, ah, duck..

Suicidal mayhaps?

My missus once ( literally) collected ( killed it & bagged it) a big juicy pheasant out on the road, & it was delicious, esp' with no shot-pellets to pick out..

I was out for a ride recently & a companion hit a fat bunny, & I might've stopped if he'd knocked its block clean off..
    ..but he'd spread its guts around, & I reckoned it was just a wee bit too mucky - to tuck into my riding jacket..

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post
    My missus.........
    Comedy gold right there.

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    OMG I see MAG had decided to grace the outer colonies with a ride to Hamilton on March 13th

So excited at finding out that life exists south of the Bombays they even spelt poor Huntly with an E on their FB page.(Not that im one to judge lol)

An epic 5 hour day planned that's going to take a few flat white soys.

Could be worth a ride over to see how these Auckland types are going about getting this idea off the ground.

Better be fast though they are only there for an hour for lunch.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVforme View Post
    OMG I see MAG had decided to grace the outer colonies with a ride to Hamilton on March 13th

So excited at finding out that life exists south of the Bombays they even spelt poor Huntly with an E on their FB page.(Not that im one to judge lol)

An epic 5 hour day planned that's going to take a few flat white soys.

Could be worth a ride over to see how these Auckland types are going about getting this idea off the ground.

Better be fast though they are only there for an hour for lunch.
    Its a lie, life does not exist beyond the Bombays. Neither does decent coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    How about they park outside the ACC ministers office and throw dildo's or is that dildoes. at it.... seems to get the Medias attention.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information