Page 1083 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 83583983103310731081108210831084108510931133118315832083 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,245 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I have been playing with using alloy repair stick welding to get inside Ex ducts.
    So far it seems to work real well as the sticks are only 3mm diameter.

is that the stuff you use with mapp gas or propane torch, similar to a soldering or brazing methods ? pretty sure thats how millenium welds up exh tunells, atleast thats what it looked like on the ones i seen. http://durafix.com/

flettner i sent a pm so we dont cluster the forum with chitchat about sand

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    could any of you experienced alloy welders offer some advice and let me know if its a good idea . what im thinking here is get a piece of solid round bar (copper, brass or something else ?) and basically use it as a plug so i can weld over the top of it and make the aux tunell . then pull the plug out and finish grinding the fine details of the tunell. i havent a clue about welding but i have 3 junk cylinders to practice on. was thinking to use a spool gun ( 4043 wire ??) since that might be easiest welding method for a novice. i meen how hard can it be to blob some weld on there . . aint like it has to look real good.

i have some alloy pipe on the way. i can cut in half horizontally for the outer bubble of the aux tunell and weld it in place
    I have a friend who is an exceptional TIG welder who I've watched build up a broken threaded boss by inserting an ordinary steel bolt of the right size and building the boss up again around it. No helicoil or tapping needed...
    For your purpose, withdrawing your shape pattern means that flettner's core sand may well be easier.

Bike
    variety
    at my work we weld against carbon blocks and copper plates. this is with some kind of steel MIG wire for rail tracks. ive never heard of welding over or against sand. how does it work ?

is core sand just silica sand mixed with clay ?

Bike
    TZ400
    The rods are just normal coated stick welding type for easy repairs in the field like alloy boats etc.
    Sold in NZ by Weldwell.
    They should be available anywhere.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Touching 28.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	307710

The EFI is touching 28, but its still very reluctant to come back on the throttle after rolling off.

It will be a pig to ride so I guess I will take my laptop to Tammers and the weekend for me will be all about starting off the back of the grid and adjusting the EFI map to try and get the Beast track ride-able.

I am looking forward to it as I might have more luck getting it right by riding it than trying to tune its low to mid range on the dyno. Anyway the weekend away camping with every one else will be fun and the local RSA does a real great Saturday night dinner ..... Yum ...

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas M View Post
    Frits... you wrote that you are also in a German speaking forum. Is this an open forum and I maybe can join to read some more stuff?
    That German forum might be just the thing for you, Lucas, because it mainly concentrates on your machine brand: Simson.
    It's not an open forum, but what you can do is this: the power graph you posted shows a phone number. Dial it and ask for LuKas ().
    He is one of the forum administrators. If you can convince him that you will be an asset to the forum, he may let you in.

One more thing: on 31 January the annual Tunerbattle takes place in Zwickau. It's a test bench competition for Simson tuners. Lukas can tell you all about it.
    And one day before, on friday 30 January, many members of this german forum will meet in Zwickau and get drunk talk two-stroke. I'll probably be there too.
    Maybe you can gate-crash . In fact I'm sure you can, because none of us knows all members by face. Just drop in. But don't tell them I told you.

Bike
    none
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	answer.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	741.8 KB 
ID:	307711 I love it.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    The EFI is touching 28, but its still very reluctant to come back on the throttle after rolling off.
    Maybe it helps if you not only watch how far the throttle is opened, but also the rate at which it is opened.

camping with every one else will be fun and the local RSA does a real great Saturday night dinner
    We could never persuade an RSA to do that.... What's your secret?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    [TE=TZ350;1130814439]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Touching 28.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	307710

It will be a pig to ride so I guess I will take my laptop to Tammers and the weekend for me will be all about starting off the back of the grid and adjusting the EFI map to try and get the Beast track ride-able.

I am looking forward to it as I might have more luck getting it right by riding it than trying to tune its low to mid range on the dyno. Anyway the weekend away camping with every one else will be fun and the local RSA does a real great Saturday night dinner ..... Yum ... [/QUOTE]

IlI'll be there with a bike that performs considerably better or considerably worse than last year, either my lap record falls or it stays. But the Thai place is best.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    We could never persuade an RSA to do that.... What's your secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Maybe it helps if you not only watch how far the throttle is opened, but also the rate at which it is opened.
    Yes, thanks, now to find that map and give it some gentle adjustment .... the fun continues.

Bike
    zuma50
    At BDC is it always best to have the floor of the transfer ports the same height of piston crowns edge?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Evidently.

I've been thinking that a clear unobstructed port would flow more than one partially blocked by the descending /ascending piston. Given that, my thought was to divide the transfer port. The upper portion of the port where it enters the cylinder would be completely unobscured for whatever time the piston was fully below it's lower edge. Against that would be the reduced flow from the lower portion due to inertia and being, % wise, obstructed for a greater time impeding flow. It could end up with a well shaped and directed column in the cylinder as another benefit as the incoming stream through the upper portion of the port would not have the side of the piston interfering with the flow direction.

Given that we have been discussing variable height transfers, and one way of going about that is to remove the outer portion of the transfer duct and then fit a machined outer shell with the mechanism fitted, it wouldn't be too hard to fit a thin divider at the same time, maybe. With a divided port you may simply be able to block off the upper portion when desired though that doesn't achieve engine throttling. It would increase blowdown when desired.

Bike
    1974 Yamaha RD250
    Yes,the transfer flow across the top of the piston greatly helps piston cooling..

Bike
    variety
    i cant think of one good reason to have the piston poking up above the transfer floors at bdc. i thought about this alittle and the piston top will create a ledge for most of the transfer period but at bdc the piston will be completely out of the way for a brief moment. if the piston top edge doesnt sit flush with the floors youll always have a ledge through the full transfer period which doesnt seem like a good idea

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    the weekend away camping with every one else will be fun and the local RSA does a real great Saturday night dinner ..... Yum ...
    But the Thai place is best.
    It could be Thai ..... so many great places to Eat and so few Saturday nights .....

Thread Information