Page 1514 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 51410141414146415041512151315141515151615241564161420142514 ... LastLast
Results 22,696 to 22,710 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector 1 Maxed Out.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	321060

The big injector is maxed out well before max rpm. This must mean at least two things, one its firing fuel all the time so there are no breaks for timing the mass of fuel to coincide with some ideal point in the engine cycle. And two, worse, at some point it is the maximum time available that is controlling the amount of fuel delivered instead of the map. And that probably has some down sides to it.

My new injectors from Ecotrons arrived today, five days from order to delivery, not bad. Looking forward to trying them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The early DT200 engine uses a servo and ypvs controller just like the RZ. The later full case reed version I can't say. Powervalve wins every time. Examples stated prove the concept, they were omitted for cost and infrequently used battery killing trail bikes but that was not impossible to overcome.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2001, Honda, RS125
    TZ, are you able to run two injectors with the same total capacity/flow rate as your big injector off the one injector driver? or would that draw too much current

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by crbbt View Post
    TZ, are you able to run two injectors with the same total capacity/flow rate as your big injector off the one injector driver? or would that draw too much current
    Yes you can and its what I currently do for the big injector. Its two physical injectors but one logical injector in the software.

Name:	3 Ecotrons Fuel Injectors.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	321065

Left and right are the two big injectors fired together as one logical injector and the central one is the small low speed injector. It handles low rpm fueling and tops up the two side injectors under power. It also fires upwards under the inside of the piston crown for extra piston cooling.

Name:  Piston Slot.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  4.3 KB

I can't find a picture of my piston but it is slotted like this one.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by morini155 View Post
    The engine its for use on off-road use, trail woods,etc, and i see the Yamaha Blaster 200 quad engine perform well and this engine its no YPVS. The Banshee 350 its another example.
    For this use whats guidelines on ports timing and compresion ratio?
    Having built fairly wild DT200 engines ditching the servo power valve is plain stupid. The DT engine is held back by the ignition and the truly crap pipe. Change those and away they go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3wicdQKcn0

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    dyno is working, used a complete unit (electric motor with double reduction to the traction wheel) :

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/jan...dyno2.mp4.html

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    And it works like a charm http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2zf1kbk/9
    So now I need to have a vario in a fixed position so I can see engine improvements, and than find the best vario setup, all without having to leave my shed
    Great work, I love it.

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    I dropped into the Team ESE headquarters/research facility yesterday after work to catch up with Cully and Rob. I've been following Rob's progress on the EFI AC GP125 with interest so it was good to see it mid-testing on the dyno. I'd hate to think how many runs that poor engine has endured! It still kinda blows me away that it makes 28hp with a modified 1970s road bike cylinder!
    It was interesting to see in person how the bike reacted to variations in the throttle as Rob has shown he's having problems with. It certainly has no problem making wide open throttle peak power!

We checked out how each injector was running and saw improvements in the data from the previous injectors. We chatted about how each injector reacted to the throttle, closing timing and positioning in the engine. A lot of the data and observations are pointing to the smaller middle injector that fires through the piston being the problem. We decided it would be worth an experiment to change where this injector is placed in the engine by moving it into the inlet tract and seeing if there is any noticeable improvement. We can then see if the theory on its positioning stacks up.

Looking forward to seeing more progress Rob, it's a total wheelie machine in the making!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Pretty sure (with all due respect) its failings tend to fall into the Expectations vs Reality category.
    Claims vs Relality category more like...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I dropped into the Team ESE headquarters/research facility yesterday after work to catch up with Cully and Rob. We checked out how each injector was running and saw improvements in the data from the previous injectors. We chatted about how each injector reacted to the throttle, closing timing and positioning in the engine. A lot of the data and observations are pointing to the smaller middle injector that fires through the piston being the problem. We decided it would be worth an experiment to change where this injector is placed in the engine by moving it into the inlet tract and seeing if there is any noticeable improvement. We can then see if the theory on its positioning stacks up.

Name:	Low Speed Injector.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	321088

Well that didn't work any better ...

So what is it with this Beast, rich lean or anything in-between. End of injection before TDC after TDC, 90 deg or 180, bottom or top, anything under 20% throttle and on the small injector, it still runs like a pig. ... 22% and over its on the big injectors and it runs great. Whats that about??? It must be something to do with injector position and fuel homogenization.

Name:	Three Injectors.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	321094

Two small injectors for low speed on the outside and one really big one in the middle is about all that is left to try, so lets see how that goes, other than that, I have pretty much run out of ideas.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Rob, is it time to do a total fundamental reality check? Could it mean taking off all the injectors and chuck on a carb? Means getting rid of the neat throttle valve, but maybe you need to understand if it's some form of injector peculiarity or some unique characteristic of the engine as it has been built.

Bike
    mostly GG 280 trials
    If the main problem with the carb setup was the fuel and oil that eventually may not reach the engine, maybe, is possible to build the chamber only upside of the inlet pipe, so the gravity kept fuel and oil always on the inlet. May be quite a bit of work and possibly more work/benefit than with the EFI setup, though...

Bike
    zuma50
    I'm picking up a MC21. The inner crank webs have the crank pin machined on as one piece.

Has anyone heard or seen of machining these inner webs to accept a pressed in pin?

I understand the reason it's one piece, it's fairly narrow there.

Bike
    zuma50
    By crank pink, I mean lower rod pin

Bike
    Exercycle
    Rob - I'd try the low speed injector on the downstream side of the throttle valve - and aimed at a port wall. From what i've read on 4T injection in low airspeed conditions, you get better results if the injector stream can be made to splatter - for want of a better word...
    And yeah, I can see there's not a lot of room.

Jonny - there's a lot of Hondas been written off because of their habit of forging cranks with the pin integral to one wheel. If you can find a practical way of doing what you ask, there's a market....

Thread Information