Page 836 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 336736786826834835836837838846886936 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,540 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Many years ago I met a guy, it was near Johnsonville if I recall. He'd just completed a Norvin and had worn out a rear tyre in his first afternoon of riding it. As far as I recall his bike looked good. Done right it's OK, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
    I saw a vincent motor slotted into a VFR once. It was well done but the owner was one of those people who just hates jap bikes on principle and couldn't bring himself to talk about what the frame and wheels were...
    Was in a bike mag...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of Vincents got scrapped for speedway sidecar engines in Aussie. No sentiment about them there.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Bogan racing? Burnouts and beer?
    that's not wearing out a tyre, that's fucking one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Plenty of Vincents got scrapped for speedway sidecar engines in Aussie. No sentiment about them there.
    From what i figured out from Google.
    The Total post war production of Vincent both Singles and twins is one less than one third of the monthly production of the mid 1960's Triumph Bonneville.
    My dad walked itno RNZAF Woodbourne one day and seen someone, setting up a set of Vincent cases to chop of the gearbox, so someone could use a Harley big twin 5 speed.
    He turmed on his heels and left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vincent production.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	342719
    To put that into perspective Honda made 4782 RC30's
    Its seems Vincent only made 6764 twins postwar Possibly a few more if you count Picador and the 100 unknowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Plenty got used for that here too. Simply a matter of putting a solid strut in where the rear suspension was. I know of two in ChCh which got returned to Series C Rapide - and Black Shadow - as original quite easily. Then sold....

Saw a write up in a UK mag which posed the question...If you find one with a good history, do you leave it as a chair or do you restore it and cash it up ?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I saw three Vincents at a recent VCC Rally. I wonder what will become of them once the current owners hang up their Belstaffs, pudding bowl/flying goggles, gauntlets and RAF boots?
    I look at them in much the same way as pre war cars....nice to look at but....
    Saying that I'd like a 34 Ford 3 window coupe in original condition not fucked over by Hot Rodders.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I saw three Vincents at a recent VCC Rally. I wonder what will become of them once the current owners hang up their Belstaffs, pudding bowl/flying goggles, gauntlets and RAF boots?
    I look at them in much the same way as pre war cars....nice to look at but....
    Saying that I'd like a 34 Ford 3 window coupe in original condition not fucked over by Hot Rodders.
    they're a currency, always have been, mines for sale, been there done that, but i want the room in my shed, they're a great bike made even better that they're pretty much the top of the food chain and as such there's been a lot of work gone in over the years in getting things sorted on them, other stuff is just getting replacement parts to a large extent, rather than something that's been modernised.
    example is the number of electric start vinnies around.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    they're a currency, always have been, mines for sale, been there done that, but i want the room in my shed, they're a great bike made even better that they're pretty much the top of the food chain and as such there's been a lot of work gone in over the years in getting things sorted on them, other stuff is just getting replacement parts to a large extent, rather than something that's been modernised.
    example is the number of electric start vinnies around.
    Chuck it on TM and let us netpickers go on about the thread pitches...
    I've got lower order food chain and a nice Alton E start.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ooh ooh, yeah and we can ask dumb questions on TM.

Nah seriously have no clue what it's worth but enjoyed seeing the build and the time lapse pictures.

Best of luck, I mean that.

Which begs the question of what next will fill the space? Always an interesting if eclectic collection.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    very tidy wee bike if somebody wants one of these

https://trademe.nz/motors/motorbikes...D-5A5EB34080AF

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You don't seem to have grasped the concept of the thread. That's a lot of wonga for a 400, but he'll probably get somewhere near that.

Try this on for size.
    Budget bike retro, brown seat, pipe wrap, ghey little sidebag for beard oil and vaping fluid. $12k.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...98cf34f052-003
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Try this on for size.
    Budget bike retro, brown seat, pipe wrap, ghey little sidebag for beard oil and vaping fluid. $12k.
    Yeah it ticks all the boxes, brown seat, pipe wrap and those gold rims are to die for.

A pity, those were a nice enough bike new, BIKE said "better than a Bonnie".
    And new it wouldn't have cost much more than his asking price.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That W comes with all the stock gear at least.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    You don't seem to have grasped the concept of the thread. That's a lot of wonga for a 400, but he'll probably get somewhere near that.

Try this on for size.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...98cf34f052-003
    Wonder if the WW2 helmet is included? Just makes you yearn for bombing along some dusty back road with a full orchestra playing "flight of the valkyries".
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Wonder if the WW2 helmet is included? Just makes you yearn for bombing along some dusty back road with a full orchestra playing "flight of the valkyries".
    speaking of which I went to a screening yesterday of "Apocalypse Now: Final Cut" yesterday. The Air Cavalry flying in to that village playing Ride of the Valkyries is still as intense as I remember. That was a pretty intense three hours at the pictures yesterday. If anyone is a film buff, its worth your time.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information