Page 1774 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 7741274167417241764177217731774177517761784182418742274 ... LastLast
Results 26,596 to 26,610 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    I have no comment to make on the viability, or otherwise, of the Ryger engine, and, just a small point, but I thought it had been established that there is no-one actually called Mr Ryger?
    Ryger = Harry Gerrits

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post

Does anyone knows:
    [/B]
    1. How many hours a piston last in karting engines which want to win a race?
    2. How often should it be changed in a season in order not to loose to much power?
    3. How much is the total cost of pistons in one season, in case of 10 races?
    4. How much hours are spend to change those pistons every time?

Please write your reviews and answers to those 4 questions here below!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/luc-f...7485252128532/
    1. 1 hour track time
    2. 1 hour
    3. $700AUD or 700Euro
    3 30 min or between heats.

If I put an hour on a piston I will have a spare or a piston to do a practice day on

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    1. 1 hour track time
    2. 1 hour
    3. $700AUD or 700Euro
    3 30 min or between heats.

If I put an hour on a piston I will have a spare or a piston to do a practice day on
    Thanks 2T Institute !

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannem View Post
    With the importance of blowdown and transfer STA over the traditional angle*area/cc, has anyone developed a similar "rule of thumb" graph showing blowdown and transfer STA vs. peak power rpm to help choosing the port timings and areas?
    You may want to take a look here Jannem: https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131055052

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    Ryger = Harry Gerrits
    That was my point. If you're being open and honest why keep using a pseudonym...
    There's a possible irony in the name for the scandinavian market. I used to work with a danish bloke and he called smokers rygers!

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    " At this moment, there is no reason, not to be proud of the result we have achieved till so far."
    And there is the big issue with all of us Luc.
    You may be proud,but all we have seen is made up graphs and complete rubbish so called " back to back " data plots of a Ryger Vs a KZ.
    Any data plot should show a real KZ making at least 45Hp at 13500,it doesnt, so its bullshit.
    If we were given just ONE real dyno sheet of some believable Ryger result, we would all clap and be very happy for you and the future of 2T in general.
    Your move.
    Wobbly, This was about the conrod ! next the piston ?

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    don't forget to bash the 'experts' again luc

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by koenich View Post
    don't forget to bash the 'experts' again luc
    Was not it that they attacked the Ryger concept? or did I read it wrong?

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    [QUOTE=lucf;1131055514]15 juli 2017 180 gelezen

Developping a Ryger
    Is Ryger a fairy tale? With those fenominal properties it may look like it and however some people does call it that way, it is certainly not. Initially it was mr. Ryger not meant to design an engine with more power, but to make a clean 2 stroke which should make the 2 stroke engine more important again. At that time I was looking for more power and therefore initially less interested, but along the way that changed when also mr. Ryger himself was pleasantly surprised by the high power including the corresponding speeds. At that time it was still the question of where all that power came from, until you are seriously searching for an explenation. We from Ryger told everything we have experienced in the past and of which we became enthousiastic to tell around. May be we better should not have done this, because many people won’t believe this, which we fully can understand.
    ///

Could the Ryger be functioning due to a resonance effect in the intake to transfers to cylinder, set into action by the piston suction and compression? And, the expansion chamber mostly contributing so as to get the engine into "internal" resonance rpms? The closer to true resonance the more suction into the "compression/transfer channel chamber" and higher pressure in the transfer channels at TPO? At TPO the released compressed pulse causes a suction wave behind it? The compression under piston and in the transfer is done without the temperature increase you would se going through a conventioal rotating comressor. The air has also not been pre heated in the crankcase. The relatively compressed cold air goes into the cylinder in a turbulent way getting some exhaust gas to mix with giving (spark assisted?) HCCI?

Am I totally lost in space here?

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes
    I don't know... Do spaces not count?

Bike
    none
    You can try for yourself.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    or did I read it wrong?
    I'm not an expert , by far not. but yes, you have read all the latest comments wrong.
    what everybody here (or almost everybody) wants to see is plain and simple : a real proven dyno that somewhat prooves the claims that have been made. although nice that you take time to try and explain the Ryger, it is too little too late. The damage is done, the hype is over. too much talk without proof. even the latest "more realistic dynonumbers" mean nothing to anybody here. I'm sure you guys have real dyno-graph's from the Ryger as well from a KZ for comparison, why not post them ? if the numbers you gave are 100% correct you can just as well post the real evidence.

As long as that hasn't been done, the Ryger-story is a fairy-tale just like my Rygerised-KR1 : no one believes I've done that just as no one believes you guys have done what you claim.

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Was not it that they attacked the Ryger concept? or did I read it wrong?
    Luc, what is the point discussing this ? There is no hard data, no independently measured HP curve, no real world testing against a competitive KZ engine. An that is not our fault. Would it not be better to stop the claims until mister Gerrits can deliver proof of concept ? I for one would prefer to wait for an extra year, in stead of speculating and expecting that people are going to "believe" claims without proof. No hard feelings.

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    well said Peter and without any hard proof for like 2 years every bit of second questioning and keeping critical shouldn't surprise anyone. now on top bashing people sure helps to make you look really professional...

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    Luc, what is the point discussing this ? There is no hard data, no independently measured HP curve, no real world testing against a competitive KZ engine. An that is not our fault. Would it not be better to stop the claims until mister Gerrits can deliver proof of concept ? I for one would prefer to wait for an extra year, in stead of speculating and expecting that people are going to "believe" claims without proof. No hard feelings.
    As an amateur, I like the Ryger concept and find the lastest information very interesting and positive, but I also agree, presented results from an independant test would definately be prudent asap. Not at least in respect to the professional tuners/engine builders making a living out of their two-stroke know-how. I think Mr. Ryger otherwise has to continue to accept that for each new, or re-statement, there will be hard questioning from many directions until such results are presented, no matter how good the theory behind the claimed results seems to be.

Thread Information