Page 226 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1261762162242252262272282362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    JC having been involved with racing cbr150's in aussie has mentioned that the fxr dosent stand a chance against a developed cbr
    A couple of those CBRs have been racing down here, they not really much flasher than a FXR
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    yep easy if you swap it for a cbr150

JC having been involved with racing cbr150's in aussie has mentioned that the fxr dosent stand a chance against a developed cbr
    Has JC seen Rich and Andrew on their FXRs?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RS/GP125
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Has JC seen Rich and Andrew on their FXRs?
    JC was in the pit crew working on you Daniels bike at TAUPO. He was watching the buckets and i am sure he knows who they are.

Bike
    TZ400
    I think you guys need to be aware of the "expert" factor.
    We are dealing with fukin buckets afterall, and if Kev had a chance to develop the "best" 150 - 4T to the highest level he could ,he would be easily be able to better anyone on the planet with that engine.
    Unfortunately for him there is another expert or two around that can easily kick his arse right off this planet with a properly developed 2T - 100, that are inherently superior , due to the fact we only need 2 strokes to get off, big time.
    We have to applaud TZ350s results, in the 2 stroke arena, just as we have to applaud the 4 stroke - 150 riders results, but at the end of the day, when real experts get involved it comes down to Physics, and sorry guys but an aircooled 125 with the port and pipe technology from an RSA, would simply destroy anything you could possibly dream off - all it takes is knowledge and cash.
    This is a close run thing - the H2O - 100 would have to be wound tighter to achieve the same bmep level as the 125 aircooled, but would be capable of maintaining that power level , for longer - and easyer.
    Sorry, but even with Kev doing the buisness, the 4T is fucked when the 2T is even 1/2 done well.
    I for one woudnt put money on who would win if the riders and chassis were on the money, with equally deep benches.
    You pays your moneys - and takes your chances.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
    JC was in the pit crew working on you Daniels bike at TAUPO. He was watching the buckets and i am sure he knows who they are.
    True.

I liked the MB100 with his JCR stickers on it, Dave Manuel was it?

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I think you guys need to be aware of the "expert" factor.
    We are dealing with fukin buckets afterall, and if Kev had a chance to develop the "best" 150 - 4T to the highest level he could ,he would be easily be able to better anyone on the planet with that engine.
    Unfortunately for him there is another expert or two around that can easily kick his arse right off this planet with a properly developed 2T - 100, that are inherently superior , due to the fact we only need 2 strokes to get off, big time.
    We have to applaud TZ350s results, in the 2 stroke arena, just as we have to applaud the 4 stroke - 150 riders results, but at the end of the day, when real experts get involved it comes down to Physics, and sorry guys but an aircooled 125 with the port and pipe technology from an RSA, would simply destroy anything you could possibly dream off - all it takes is knowledge and cash.
    This is a close run thing - the H2O - 100 would have to be wound tighter to achieve the same bmep level as the 125 aircooled, but would be capable of maintaining that power level , for longer - and easyer.
    Sorry, but even with Kev doing the buisness, the 4T is fucked when the 2T is even 1/2 done well.
    I for one woudnt put money on who would win if the riders and chassis were on the money, with equally deep benches.
    You pays your moneys - and takes your chances.
    So true. Although I'm not even an expert enough to know what approach would be the best if pushed to the limit.

I know you think 4 strokes are poojabber motors but I know I would definatley be able to lap long and short tracks faster on a well developed 4 stroke.

I suspect only exceptional riders (there are quite a few in buckets) would be able to make the most of any extra power given by the superior (2T) type of motor.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    I suspect only exceptional riders (there are quite a few in buckets) would be able to make the most of any extra power given by the superior (2T) type of motor.
    I know quoting oneself is a bit ego but, was just re-reading that and thinking perhaps I went off a bit premature.

Just started thinking about weight and how fucken awesome my MB based bike is to ride... Maybe I'm talking shit after a few beers...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    I know quoting oneself is a bit ego but, was just re-reading that and thinking perhaps I went off a bit premature.

Just started thinking about weight and how fucken awesome my MB based bike is to ride... Maybe I'm talking shit after a few beers...
    I'll get you Nabbs, on my poojabber powered, massive street tired spada.

Ohhhhh if it's the last thing I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Personally I was a bit disappointed to hear the carb restriction was being lifted. Not because I'm afraid of being beaten, I'm used to that, but because I don't like seeing rule changes that aren't needed.
    As for how fast Richban's bucket is, and what size, you only have to watch the videos he posted and see Fish dealing to him and Andrew on his Longchin to realise it isn't all about horsepower.
    I've started on my new cylinder. Not totally sure where it will end but I'm aiming to break 30, and I still won't win.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I'll get you Nabbs, on my poojabber powered, massive street tired spada.

Ohhhhh if it's the last thing I do.
    I have a bit of a conundrum.

I want to leave my bike as it is to school you on it but as the carb is severely limiting its power at the moment Dave has put the hard word on me to upgrade it.
    If I beat you with the big carb it would be as hollow as a teenage girls head. I think I may have to risk the wrath of Dave threats to do horrible things should he ever see that standard carb again...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Personally I was a bit disappointed to hear the carb restriction was being lifted. Not because I'm afraid of being beaten, I'm used to that, but because I don't like seeing rule changes that aren't needed.
    As for how fast Richban's bucket is, and what size, you only have to watch the videos he posted and see Fish dealing to him and Andrew on his Longchin to realise it isn't all about horsepower.
    I've started on my new cylinder. Not totally sure where it will end but I'm aiming to break 30, and I still won't win.
    Are they going to? Looking at it? aye?!

I agree, well intentioned but un-necessary rule changes ruin race classes.

Edit: Nothing on MNZ website under proposed rule changes bit.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    I have a bit of a conundrum.

I want to leave my bike as it is to school you on it but as the carb is severely limiting its power at the moment Dave has put the hard word on me to upgrade it.
    If I beat you with the big carb it would be as hollow as a teenage girls head. I think I may have to risk the wrath of Dave threats to do horrible things should he ever see that standard carb again...
    By the time I get all (claimed) 16 horse powers reined in front of my buggy you will be wishing you listened to mr Dave.. He'll beat you good.

So will I nyaahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Thinking out side of the box here.

Now the GP125 is limited by the size of the inlet port possible with the side mounted rotary valve.

And reed valves work best at a particular rpm depending on their phsical characteristics.

Then would it be possible to have a reed on the other side of the engine for two carbs, a rotary valve and reed valve.

And have the throtle connected to one carb and the IgniTech ignition controle the other carb, opening it for WOT conditions like it does the power valve for rpm and thereby get a much increased port area at WOT and broad spread with the smaller throtle controled carb at lesser rpm.

Then there is the posibility of adding another rotary valve to the other side of the engine.

This is buckets and we are allowed to think about these things.

Bike
    suzuki RM125S 1975

RG50 bridge port, Puch twin carb

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Now the GP125 is limited by the size of the inlet port possible with the side mounted rotary valve.

And reed valves work best at a particular rpm depending on their phsical characteristics.

Then would it be possible to have a reed on the other side of the engine for two carbs, a rotary valve and reed valve.

And have the throtle connected to one carb and the IgniTech ignition controle the other carb, opening it for WOT conditions like it does the power valve for rpm and thereby get a much increased port area at WOT and broad spread with the smaller throtle controled carb at lesser rpm.

Then there is the posibility of adding another rotary valve to the other side of the engine.

look up, Puch 250 MX o the net.had two carbs .disc and piston port,20 years ago Jason and i made this bridge port RG50 cylinder,just to see how hard it would be,waste of time now just get a Derbi GPR 50 cylinder some have bridge ports STD as did the old honda NSR80.2 photos of 1978 50cc gp bike 28mm carb 21hp.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucket photos 20005.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	229751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckets photos0012.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	229752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckets photos0010.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	229753

Bike
    Yo momma
    Are they going to? Looking at it? aye?!

I agree, well intentioned but un-necessary rule changes ruin race classes.

Edit: Nothing on MNZ website under proposed rule changes bit.
    That is what I thought. Spill the beans Mike, I suspect you have some actual inside info about this carb thing and the 4 strokes as well.

If, as TZ said a rule chance proposal was put forward to MNZ ant they are talking to folks like JC, where or who did the original proposal come from?

I totally stand by my previous statement 'if the 24mm carb restriction is NOT the power limiting factor for the 125's (bullshit) then why the move to change the rule?' Things seem farily balanced at the mo 2t h2o 2t 125ac and 4t 150 all have
    +'s and -'s depending on the track, rider, chassis.

If rule changes are made everytime someone shows up with a 'better' bike or someone claims they can't get enough power from their engine, it won't be good for buckets. If, and it will, this change makes the 125 aircoolers significantly better than they are now (remember TZ350 is currently makeing 27hp), what next allow 125 H2O motors, MX85 motors, 150 2T aircoolers, 175 4T??? Won't be 'Buckets" as we know it anymore.

IMO the biggest thing that limits MOST of the 125 aircoolers is putting high HP engines like Tzees 125 into uncompetitive chassis that don't do the motor justice. Not to point the finger but a prize example of this is TZ350's bike (sorry mate). He has most likely the best 125 aircooled motor but is running it in the heavy and uncompetitive GP chassis. If that bike was 20kg lighter and more (rs125) racey...
    Last edited by jasonu; 24th January 2011 at 11:39. Reason: original statement too harsh SORRY TZ please don't hate me

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

As long as you meet the equilivent to 24mm carb rule. However, if that rule is changed...

Thread Information