Page 457 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 3574074474554564574584594675075579571457 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250
    I read somewhere that the Honda 2 litre (2000S) cars have the same performance as an F1 car. What ??

Take Honda's HP as stated, scale the figure by the engine size ratios and then by the RPM ratios and you get a figure roughly what the F1 makes.

Ok Lets see, Honda says 247 hp at 8300. (2002 figures)

Volume conversion 3000/2000 * 247 = 370 hp (2002 was a 3 Litre F1 engine)
    RPM conversion 18000/8300 * 370 = 804 hp ---- Not far of an F1 car in 2002. (PS BMW's did 19200 RPM)

BEMP does not lie !!
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    I read somewhere that the Honda 2 litre (2000S) cars have the same performance as an F1 car. What ??

Take Honda's HP as stated, scale the figure by the engine size ratios and then by the RPM ratios and you get a figure roughly what the F1 makes.

Ok Lets see, Honda says 247 hp at 8300. (2002 figures)

Volume conversion 3000/2000 * 247 = 370 hp (2002 was a 3 Litre F1 engine)
    RPM conversion 18000/8300 * 370 = 804 hp ---- Not far of an F1 car in 2002. (PS BMW's did 19200 RPM)

BEMP does not lie !!
    Yep BMEP does not lie !!!

The 1999 S2000 is little behind the tuned FXR150's, BMEP is a great tool for compairing engines and possibilities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda S2000.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	259700

BMEP for the 1999 2L Honda making 237 crank hp at 8,3000 rpm

4-Stroke BMEP = (HP x 13000)/(L x RPM)

BMEP = (237 x 13000)/(2 x 8,300)

BMEP = 3,081,000/16,600

BMEP = 186 psi for the 1999 2000S Honda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda S2000 Dyno Graph.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	259701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda S2000 V Tec Engine.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	259699

Honda S2000

Graham Bell tries out Honda's recently revised roadster.

Designed by some of the engineers behind Honda's winning F1 and CART engines, the S2000's two litre DOHC straight four (a configuration chosen for compactness) boasts such race-bred features as roller rockers, forged shallow skirt pistons, ladder frame main bearing stiffener and fibre reinforced aluminium for the cylinders. It's also smaller and lighter than Honda's regular two litre engine, and at 237bhp sets a new record for highest specific output for a normally aspirated production car engine.

Of course without some form of forced induction, getting such high power outputs from just two litres requires high revs, which in turn requires cams with high lift and long duration to provide sufficient valve opening to allow the engine to draw in large amounts of air/fuel mix. Great at high revs but crap at low revs, which is a real problem for a road car - or would be without Honda's ingenious VTEC system, which works by literally having two camshafts in one, with three cams (two mild ones sandwiching a central wild one) for each pair of valves.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=120&i=5155

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    BMEP for a 2L Honda making 247 crank hp at 8,3000 rpm

4-Stroke BMEP = (HP x 13000)/(L x RPM)

BMEP = (247 x 13000)/(2 x 8,300)

BMEP = 3,211,000/16,600

BMEP = 193 psi for the 2000S Honda

Interesting, this requires more looking into.
    the big question is did the JAP tuners make anymore H/P from the little 2000s ? or is that about all it can make
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Exercycle
    If you're going to take 2 litre four strokes for comparison, at least take some well developed examples.
    To be competitive in British touring car champs and european 2 liter, in excess of 300 bhp is needed....
    This is achieved without Honda's tricky dicky cams.

Four stroke development in F4 will continue I'm sure. Injection must become more common too.
    I had a set of 1098 Duc heads here a while back and there's no way in the world they could be run on carbs.
    Carbs require a minimum air speed to work - with ports that big the air speed drops out of a carb's comfort zone but injection vaporises the fuel for you regardless of air speed.
    Then there's the multi cylinder approach...and revs....

Bike
    husaberg

pin puller up outer inner

Quote Originally Posted by quallman1234 View Post
    Putting a new piston in a 50cc at the moment (okay its a scooter)... Idea's on getting the 10mm (im guessing) piston circlips in, bloody tiny little things anything bigger is piss easy. They are the open type, can't really use circlip pliers. Any hints?
    At the time i answered with a wee touch of sarcasm (yes it is the lowest form of wit but you should play to your strengths.)

Anyhow i did see this today never seen it before but here it is.

Product Information
    Two Stroke Model - Plain Sleeve Type

Piston Pin Circlip Installation The Easier Way. The C-Clipper takes all the drudgery out of this job. No more fiddling with long nose pliers and little screwdrivers and retrieving dropped Circlips from inside the crankcase. One push and your done in less than 15 seconds a side every time.

Trust us, you will not want to do another rebuild without it.
    Available for most two-stroke engines
    http://www.accu-products.com/images/...-clipper_t.jpg

Price: $43.50
    http://www.accu-products.com/accu-pr...prod_3288.html
    The observant amongst you will not he has no rag stuffed down the crankcase.
    Can't imagine it would be that hard to knock up one if you were so inclined of course it no doubt has a patent so you should ask for their approval first.

OH yeah the hp calculations you guys are using f1 car engines
    Have a look at the real high HP engines like Drag cars would ya.
    http://www.nhra.com/nhra101/classes.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Trust us, you will not want to do another rebuild without it.
    That looks like one of those TV infomercials where they make a simple task like vacuuming seem such a chore you MUST try this new product that will make life sooo much easier.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    I think this is correct but others may know otherwise

With patent law you can copy one for your own use BUT not permitted to reproduce for resale.

How you deal with making one for a mate is another matter................ ??

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

Four stroke development in F4 will continue I'm sure. Injection must become more common too.
    Yep watching Moto3 with interest. If we could only make 200ph per litre. We might be able to keep up with the jones.

TZ you should go for broke. Tune that thing to the max. I here they run really good lean and hot. I will be bolting my engine in at the track at this stage.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    TZ you should go for broke. Tune that thing to the max. I here they run really good lean and hot.
    Hot and bothered, year right ... ...... only two weeks to go, I am looking forward to catching up, see you there.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Hot and bothered, year right ... ...... only two weeks to go, I am looking forward to catching up, see you there.

Yeah seems like we did this only a few month's ago.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by twotempi View Post
    I think this is correct but others may know otherwise

With patent law you can copy one for your own use BUT not permitted to reproduce for resale.

How you deal with making one for a mate is another matter................ ??

with patent law no no no no you can't. I think.
    A guy did that in the south island with a rotary cowshed he lost. He had copied a plan and the novel method of locating the platform on Bearing's rather than pedestal rollers or a round track with wheels it had kind of like a ball race only with Nylon balls located in a concrete groove cast into the platform the original designer was from Murchison and he did the legal challenge thing.
    The shed was i think a self build in the Waitaki basin or there about's i think.(Having said that it was used in a commercial sense so who knows)
    Rotary cowsheds like most great farming ideas was invented here in good old NZ. (The old Dutch are a bit behind on those such things)

Although i don't see a patent number or copyright any where there in the add.
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    That looks like one of those TV infomercials where they make a simple task like vacuuming seem such a chore you MUST try this new product that will make life sooo much easier.
    And yeah with you Koba that's why i said to stuff a rag in the case. But then again i don't have sausage fingers or 10mm gudgeon's either.
    ps the misses say's vacuuming is hard work. i will have take her word for it. Just like the whole Baby birth labour thing is so painful stuff. How would I know

Having said that my articles I post er.....oh..... they are credited at least to the publisher and in most case the author i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    TZ you should go for broke. Tune that thing to the max.
    Do it chief, Wobbly pipe and all! We should insist Wob orders another run of these shirts and brings them to Taupo.
    "YOU'RE BEHIND ME COS I'VE GOT A WOBBLYPIPE - I had 50 of these T shirts to give to World and National Championship winners , sorry all gone"

Rich, make sure you leave the pin in that hand grenade this time

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I will be bolting my engine in at the track at this stage.
    I'm thinking one "before" and one "after".

You should check if Dzus do engine bolts, could be useful.

Some sort of explosion containment system could be a good idea so you don't get any more . . . . "popular"

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post

Some sort of explosion containment system could be a good idea so you don't get any more . . . . "popular"
    Dude I am super popular. Got invited to a Tupperware party the other day. Good stuff I tell yah. I am sorry about causing you pain with the oil spill. My wallet is suffering as well.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Shit happens. I'm nearly over it.

Thread Information