Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First bike recommendation for tall person

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    What - three hours in and no one has said buy a Busa!.
    seriously, some people just come up with absolutely stupid answers, why would you suggest one of those to a learner.

better off with an H2

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    seriously, some people just come up with absolutely stupid answers, why would you suggest one of those to a learner.

better off with an H2
    Or maybe a Blackbird?

I was asked why I don't ride a Harley, "is it because you can't handle the power?" yeah, that's the reason........
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Or maybe a Blackbird?

I was asked why I don't ride a Harley, "is it because you can't handle the power?" yeah, that's the reason........
    its why I have kept the zzr

Bike
    none
    This is still on my todo list with next summer around the corner. After looking at different options, style wise I think I want a cruiser bike. I like the look of:

Yamaha Virago
    Suzuki Intruder
    VRX400 looks nice, but they don't seem too common

Hopefully these are not too painful for tall people. Any others I should look at?
    Seems harder to test them out, there are many more second hand car yards than second hand motorcycle shops. Looking at under $5k. Cheaper the better while still being relatively reliable. Don't want something flash for a first bike and I think I like the slightly custom blacked out look almost cafe racer / bobber style.

Bike
    2016 CBR500R
    Quote Originally Posted by startingsomewhere View Post
    This is still on my todo list with next summer around the corner. After looking at different options, style wise I think I want a cruiser bike. I like the look of:

Yamaha Virago
    Suzuki Intruder
    VRX400 looks nice, but they don't seem too common

Hopefully these are not too painful for tall people. Any others I should look at?
    Seems harder to test them out, there are many more second hand car yards than second hand motorcycle shops. Looking at under $5k. Cheaper the better while still being relatively reliable. Don't want something flash for a first bike and I think I like the slightly custom blacked out look almost cafe racer / bobber style.

I started riding 8 weeks ago, I'm 6 foot 2 and 93kg. So not tall but not short either. I'm learning to ride on a Suzuki Intruder 250vl.

I find it good enough for a starter bike, I've never ridden anything else but it seems comfortable enough for my height, it's low center of gravity makes it super easy for me to get on and off and manage. I will admit it does feel like a sofa with wheels for the longer rides (4 hours +) some of my friends on sports bikes need to stop more often due to muscle pains which i don't seem to get.

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Hyosung 250s are tall bikes and something to consider as well. Have riden in a couple of group rides with folk in the past and they seem to scoot along alright.

I don't seem to hear about Hyobags these days. Are they still imported?

Small capacity Hornets and Bandits a fairly reasonably sized as well.

Bike
    MT10SP

The thread is old as but IÂ’ll ad my 2cents

I was searching for ages for the same answer, looking for cheap bikes etc I gave that up and just paid a bit more.

Three that fitted me well at 6’5” and 110kg

BMW G310r but I found it under powered even on my 1st ride but comfy
    Suzuki dl650 it was actually a non lams I tried but it was an easy fit (they do make lams version)

I finally bought an mt07 tracer it is super comfy apart from a numb butt on long non windy rides
    But if thereÂ’s corners it better because IÂ’m moving a bit. Powerful enough to make a mistake but forgiving too.
    The windscreen does a bit, but wind does still hammer my helmet with the standard screen.
    At 180 odd kg itÂ’s light enough to man handle when practicing low speed stuff and not getting it right.

I did try a hyosung 250 sport bike and had hip cramp in 50m I took it straight back and said I wonÂ’t waste your time.

Hopefully this is handy for the next oversized person thatÂ’s looking.

Thread Information