Page 747 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 247647697737745746747748749757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 16061

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    WTF is that thing on the roof!
    super cool?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    a pram handle

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've tried something similar. Kept answering. "I don't know". When asked how fast I was going. The cop got fucken filthy dark on me.

One cop who stopped me asked: Do you know what the speed limit is." He was not impressed when I said "Well, I've had this bike to 245 on the clock and it was still accelerating when I shut it down. " He had no sense of humour - checked the rego, checked the warrant, checks the tyres, checked the lights .. tried for everything he could think of - but all he had as $114kph ..

An automatic pigeon- slicer?
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    One cop who stopped me asked: Do you know what the speed limit is." He was not impressed when I said "Well, I've had this bike to 245 on the clock and it was still accelerating when I shut it down. " He had no sense of humour - checked the rego, checked the warrant, checks the tyres, checked the lights .. tried for everything he could think of - but all he had as $114kph ..

An automatic pigeon- slicer?
    We were at the Mount once in a Evo with the wastegate vented to air aka screamer pipe. Dickhead driver decided to give it some jandal going toward Tauranga bridge thingy.

Cops didn't see us but heard it and knew damn well we were over the limit so pulled us up. They were trying for a good 45 mins to impound the car through various means on the radio and questioning the driver. Ended up driving off with a very big fine for "Driving in a manner likely to cause annoyance". About the most ambiguous fine ever invented but my mate was lucky I say

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    CX500
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    We were at the Mount once in a Evo with the wastegate vented to air aka screamer pipe. Dickhead driver decided to give it some jandal going toward Tauranga bridge thingy.

Cops didn't see us but heard it and knew damn well we were over the limit so pulled us up. They were trying for a good 45 mins to impound the car through various means on the radio and questioning the driver. Ended up driving off with a very big fine for "Driving in a manner likely to cause annoyance". About the most ambiguous fine ever invented but my mate was lucky I say

What constitutes as "annoyance" though? seems very objective to me.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    I think you mean subjective. The definition of 'annoyance' will be up to the cop and the magistrate neither of whom will be overly influenced by your thoughts on the matter.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    Fuck yes. I would be taking that to Court with the well known and successful "Lebowski Defence"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yrkgd.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	339799  
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    "Lebowski Defence"
    That rug really tied the room together
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Fuck yes. I would be taking that to Court with the well known and successful "Lebowski Defence"
    Yeah pretty much.

Its just the same as the "Excessive display of acceleration" that they introduced around the same time which gets your car impounded.
    Totally subjective and down to the cops opinion on what is "Excessive" is. Far too much power for a beat cop. They pulled me up on one of my bikes once as they said I went off the lights a bit quick. I was like dude its a fuckin bike you try farting around on it. Fair play they sent me on my way but its total BS some of the shit they can get you on.

Some of the shit I experienced in my younger years with the police:
    A car being towed getting pink stickered, we got him off that one that was the so called BRAT squad in Hamiltons work
    The above story of driving in a manner to cause annoyance
    Cop pulled a u turn in front of me as I pulled level with him, I took evasive action to avoid the cunt but he gave ME a ticket for "Failing to make way for blue n red beacons".
    Police tailing me or my friends home from work because of the cars we drove (fair play I probably would have too)

To balance it out one let me off when he could have taken my car and license on the spot, so not all bad experiences but there were a few bitter encounters that I had with the boys in blue as a lad.
    I am a big boy now so love them

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Its just the same as the "Excessive display of acceleration" that they introduced around the same time which gets your car impounded.
    Yeah that was part of the "boy racer" measures. Funny 'cause the first local that got done for that was a prominent citizen with a big and very expensive Mercedes. He'd have had to turn his traction control off so it wasn't like the wheelspinning was inadvertent. He was a looong way from what you'd imagine when you think boy racer - even if he was behaving like one.

There was a kid got charged later and took it to court. The Police said he had spun his wheels for 3m. The kid said it was only 1m. The judge split the difference and said 2m, then said 2m was not sustained anything. Discharged.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    If my wheelie only lasts through 1st gear, - which until I get the balls to learn how to change up with the wheel in the air is all they are in, does that count as not an offence?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I got pulled riding my RG50 to work. Said his Police Intuitiontm told him something was wrong as I was wearing leathers. W.T.F!

So if I was wearing jandals and a bikini that would have been ok, but. . .

Made me late for work and left a bitter resentment from a once respectful citizen. I'm a taxpayer. I'm your fucking boss you cunt.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I got pulled riding my RG50 to work. Said his Police Intuitiontm told him something was wrong as I was wearing leathers. W.T.F!

Made me late for work and left a bitter resentment from a once respectful citizen. I'm a taxpayer. I'm your fucking boss you cunt.
    Good to see you passed the standard Cop attitude test, with flying colours (Red & Blue)

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    I'm a taxpayer. I'm your fucking boss you cunt.
    I love that theory, once in another lifetime when I was working for a shareholder co-op, we used to open until 12.30pm on sat morn, most of the shareholders were awesome and showed respect but the horsey women were by far the worst, I had one woman come barging in just as I was locking up saying she needed to try on some clothes, when I suggested to her that it was closing time and I had somewhere I needed to be she turned around and told me that she was a shareholder and therefore paid my wages which made her my boss so I should do what I was asked. I turned around and suggested that she did not pay my wages and she was not my boss and the store was closed and if she didn't like it she could take it up with the regional manager and I gave her his number.
    she did apparently ring the regional manager and he suggested that as it was not company policy to be open on Saturday morning and that she should really get better organised and that she should appreciate that we stuffed our weekend up to make her life easier.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Yeah they once tried to move us on from "Private property" saying the owners had told them to keep people from parking up.
    So we produced a letter from the owners giving us permission to park there after hours.
    Don't lie to your boss

Thread Information