Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSX250 specs

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries

GSX250 specs

Hi there,

Ive been trying to find GSX250 specs and have had NO luck.

All i have found is the Suzuki GSX250FX which is a naked version sold in australia as far as i can tell. it looks similar though.

I can not find a single figure on weight and power and torque on the version we have here though.

The GSX250FX has a 40hp/20torque/150kg. Would the faired GSX250 we have here in NZ be the same bike pretty much then? If so, that is right on par with the old racers the zxr and cbr, and since it is newer it should be a bit quicker then. those bikes have 40/45hp and 150/55 kg.

Anyone know anyhting about these?

Bike
    gixxer 750, SR250
    Try this.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-series/index.html

Wikipedia usually has some stuff on this too.

Hope this helps.

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Yeah, there seem to be about a million different GSX-250's out there. Depends which model you're talking about. I've got the manual for my model if thats the one you're talking about (the "invader").

Bike
    Blog Entries
    thanks for that. unfortunately even that doesnt have anything about this model.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    oh hi there CDFloss- yes , the invader, thats the one!!!

Please give me all the specs!

Cheers mate.

PS. i am interested in this because i have read some people say this bike is quite heavy around 180kg and that its just not as fast as the older cbr250 etc .

Bike
    '01 Yamaha YZFR6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    oh hi there CDFloss- yes , the invader, thats the one!!!

Please give me all the specs!

Cheers mate.

PS. i am interested in this because i have read some people say this bike is quite heavy around 180kg and that its just not as fast as the older cbr250 etc .
    I must say, though it may not be as fast, it really is a comfortable bike compared to the CBR and many other full on sports bikes. The handlebars are up higher on the GSX, which would allow for a bit more of a cruisy ride.

It didn't feel as heavy as 180KG when I tried it out, probably around the 160 mark, of course I'm not a set of scales!

THE FOUR RULES OF EXPLORING THIS AMAZING COUNTRY OF NZ
    RIDE SAFE, RIDE HARD, RIDE FREE

and try not sound so route 51 american brudda

Bike
    SV650 K2
    I've got an electronic copy of the manual somewhere on my home PC, but its not running at the moment (bugger).
    Here's the details from my hardcopy in the mean time:

length: 2085mm
    width: 710mm
    height: 1175mm
    wheelbase: 1410mm
    ground clearance: 135mm
    dry mass: 169kg
    petrol tank: 18l (13.5/4.5)

Give me a shout if you need any more info. I looked at quite a few bikes, including the Hyosung GT & GTR, VTR, Katana, as well as a few others.
    The Hondas had really good build quality, but were too pricey for me. The Hyo GTR had too agressive a seating position for me, never sat on a GT.
    The GSX is comfortable enough for longer rides, while still being sporty enough to feel like you're actually riding a sport bike.

One thing I would say is that the suspension is too soft for someone my size (110kg). As for power, my manual doesnt have any specs for hp/kw or torque, but it doesnt have any trouble scooting my fat ass around at a decent pace. Obviously it wont be as racey as the older 4 cylinder bikes though.

It went better than I expected of the rimutakas, and I commute daily over the wainui hill which it handles with ease. Cruises along happily at 100+, although te revs are sitting pretty high at too much above 110'ish.

Cheers
    Dave

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GSX250
    Hi,

I just got a GSX250 Invader and would be interested in getting a copy of the manual if possible, mine needs work so a service manual would be the best, or even a third party one would be fine.. think its a 2005 model... dont know much about it but its a cheap project for me to work on.

thanks

Stuart

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    Hi there,

Ive been trying to find GSX250 specs and have had NO luck.

All i have found is the Suzuki GSX250FX which is a naked version sold in australia as far as i can tell. it looks similar though.

I can not find a single figure on weight and power and torque on the version we have here though.

The GSX250FX has a 40hp/20torque/150kg. Would the faired GSX250 we have here in NZ be the same bike pretty much then? If so, that is right on par with the old racers the zxr and cbr, and since it is newer it should be a bit quicker then. those bikes have 40/45hp and 150/55 kg.

Anyone know anyhting about these?
    When looking at GSX, one needs to know whether it is a 2 or 4 cylinder engine.
    The GSX Katana are 4 cyl, GSXR are 4 cylinder, GSX Across are 4 cylinder - all these are 'older' models with a mixture of naked, semi- and fully faired. The late model GSX are 2 cylinder full faired. The Bandit are 4 cylinder nakeds (I think).
    The GSX twin is heavy and gutless...might put out 30hp...you'd be far better off with a Kawasaki GPX250 if you want a faired 250 without paying moonbeams for an old FZR, ZXR or CBR.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Yeah I'll post a link to the manual I've got (from memory its the owners manual, plus a service one) as soon as I get my home computer up and running again. I work in IT so obviously my personal PC is always in some state of disrepair.

I did download it from a link somewhere on these forums though (not that long ago) - but did a quick search before and couldnt find it.

Cheers

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GSX250
    thanks, I have heard they are a little gutless but its only for comuting and learning so shouldnt be too bad, i wont replace it until I either break it or get my full licence, and even then it depends on if I enjoy riding for fun or if it is just a get to work vehicle.

cant wait for the service manual, and i know the IT thing, i am the same, my home pc is the same...if it plays up i just dont worry about it for months on end..

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Quote Originally Posted by ib456 View Post
    thanks, I have heard they are a little gutless but its only for comuting and learning so shouldnt be too bad, i wont replace it until I either break it or get my full licence, and even then it depends on if I enjoy riding for fun or if it is just a get to work vehicle.

cant wait for the service manual, and i know the IT thing, i am the same, my home pc is the same...if it plays up i just dont worry about it for months on end..
    Need to build a new PC, so might be a few weeks still. The GSX does what I need it to. I commute on it every day, its been reliable so far, costs bugger-all to fill up, and most importantly has got me excited about riding again. I'll upgrade in the next year or so, but mostly because of social riding, and being able to comfortably travel longer distances, etc.

Have fun.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GSX250
    Picked it up today and there is no battery in it, can you let me know the battery number and voltage, as i will need to pick one up to start finding out what goes and what doesnt...

cheers

stuart

ring local suzuki dealer they will know

Bike
    Several
    I think they put out about 35 horse.
    Can't remember where I got that number from but I remember making the mental comparison to an rg150.

They ain't THAT slow either, good bikes in my experiance.

Mine did 161kph in the flying and 15.75 in the standing quarter.

This thread may be of interest
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information