Page 2124 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 11241624202420742114212221232124212521262134217422242624 ... LastLast
Results 31,846 to 31,860 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    If we can change the question to have I beaten Av before? Yes. When she was a kid.
    I have beaten Av before too, when I was chasing her and she fell off in the rain. I felt conflicting emotions about feeling pleased to have beaten a 13 year old girl who had just bounced along the track...

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I have beaten Av before too, when I was chasing her and she fell off in the rain. I felt conflicting emotions about feeling pleased to have beaten a 13 year old girl who had just bounced along the track...
    I know the feeling. In my first 500cc race the guy I was chasing fell off and my first thought was: "One down, only about 20 to go".
    My second thought, about one second later, was: "Shame on me, one shouldn't think that way".
    I suppose many of us have experienced similar feelings. Or is it just my twisted brain?

Bike
    None
    Attachment 341855

Because when you throttle off, the pipe resonance collapses and so does the airflow. Current 2S EFI systems don't cope well with dramatic changes in pipe suction.

Currently there is no proven method I know of that can detect this change of airflow in a high performance single cylinder racing two stroke.
    Throttle is also an input and the trigger off an event.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    That's a good point. What about the reverse of an accelerator pump, or acceleration enrichment in FI terminology? A timed "reduction" in the calculated fuel when TPS changes from very low value to some other value. Long enough to kick the pipe back into life without drowning the motor.
    Factors would be:
    Amount of reduction, in %
    Duration of reduction, in seconds
    Slope of reduction, determined by the above, or simply on & off.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's a win Rob. I've beat Dennis on my 50 he on a fast 100. There might have been reasons but I feel they aren't important.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1984 Moto Guzzi Le Mans IV

eek So, . . What sort of throttle response is required on a saw

So, . . What sort of throttle response is required on a saw?
    My experince with chainsaws and felling a tree that the chainsaw is either ON or OFF. You allways use full power and keep throttle wide as you are cutting the tree. A sharp chain is also a must, if you sharpen it wrong the cut will turn either side and then you are halving the tree...

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurifax View Post
    My experince with chainsaws and felling a tree that the chainsaw is either ON or OFF.
    indeed, it doesn't need "instant response". it just needs to run great at WOT, it must have good idle and it must respond well to "quickly opening the throttle" . It never has to respond well at smoothly opening the throttle after having being run with closed throttle at at "slowly descending revs halfway the rev-range"
    what it does very bad is (or "dangerous for the engine") is run wthe the throttle "in between" as their pumper carbs do not have something to regulate the mixture at "half throttle". IBEA makes pumper carb's that have a seperate adjustment for that.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So chainsaw fuel injection may be not a relevant model to follow for the racing motorbicycle.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    So chainsaw fuel injection may be not a relevant model to follow for the racing motorbicycle.
    Depends if you count the X games bikes as racers....The abilty to run inverted and through extreme G loadings is certainly required there...
    And from what I've seen, midrange control isn't an issue, LOL.

Bike
    TZ400
    When was the last time you powered into a tree cut at full throttle, backed right off with the chain still moving , then went back to 1/3 throttle
    and expected it to react smoothly , such that your boots didnt loose grip with the ground .
    The real issue though is that the so called " box " muffler reacts nothing like a tuned pipe during these transient response phases.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    V force told me their reeds were not compatible with ethanol, perhaps its the same with methanol.
    You need a steel rotary valve😆
    Newer V-force reeds sold lately is like rubberpetals when using them with methanol, no good.

Bike
    variety
    if you want good reeds for methanol and nitro go to this place carbontech.com

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    We've built a lot of model boat racing 26 cc engines that started life on weedeaters. Like chain saws they run pumper carbs, can mufflers, and are either on or off in stock form. We want a tuned pipe engine with almost twice the power that can be throttled a little and idles well. A typical running start involves a slow speed approach to the line with a quick transition to full throttle. A lot of engines will die despite heavier flywheels and carb pop off tuning. Bored out stock carbs don't help with the pressure signal to the diaphragm either. We've even blocked passages with super glue in a Tillison carb to get a rich enough low speed mixture and a lean enough full throttle mixture.

I keep thinking that someone will build a simple fuel injection system that can be easily adjusted to overcome these issues. Even throttle body injection should be better. Probably cost keeps manufacturers from developing injection over carbs. I keep following the more sophisticated injection systems worked on here for hints. Meanwhile YS model pattern engines run a very simple injection system with CD ignition.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    We've built a lot of model boat racing 26 cc engines that started life on weedeaters. Like chain saws they run pumper carbs, can mufflers, and are either on or off in stock form. We want a tuned pipe engine with almost twice the power that can be throttled a little and idles well. A typical running start involves a slow speed approach to the line with a quick transition to full throttle. A lot of engines will die despite heavier flywheels and carb pop off tuning. Bored out stock carbs don't help with the pressure signal to the diaphragm either. We've even blocked passages with super glue in a Tillison carb to get a rich enough low speed mixture and a lean enough full throttle mixture.

I keep thinking that someone will build a simple fuel injection system that can be easily adjusted to overcome these issues. Even throttle body injection should be better. Probably cost keeps manufacturers from developing injection over carbs. I keep following the more sophisticated injection systems worked on here for hints. Meanwhile YS model pattern engines run a very simple injection system with CD ignition.

Lohring Miller
    Lohring i posted a while ago mirco fuel injection stuff a university student was selling Pico or something.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...tors-15682450/
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3004342/...-fraction-cost
    http://spark.annarborusa.org/feature...4Feature2.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Thread Information