Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Does anyone know where Dylan is going? I assumed at first he'd step upstairs but I read Steve and Matthew are the others in the commentary team

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Does anyone know where Dylan is going? I assumed at first he'd step upstairs but I read Steve and Matthew are the others in the commentary team
    Other than a single mention that Dylan's departure was "sad" (from David Emmett?) I have seen nowt. He certainly didn't get the send off Nick Harris did. The reaction to Crafar's appointment though is enthusiastic.

From the Jerez combined test, MotoGP, SBK, and BSB, the fastest time went to J Rea, Kawasaki. OK, he was trying to do exactly that, he had qualifying tyres the GP riders did not, and none of the top 6 factory riders were there. Even so, that's still bloody impressive.

Rea had stopped to pick up an MBE from the Duke of Cambridge on the way. The lad's having a good coupla weeks.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The reaction to Crafar's appointment though is enthusiastic.

Yeah that's fucking cool news!

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Other than a single mention that Dylan's departure was "sad" (from David Emmett?) I have seen nowt. He certainly didn't get the send off Nick Harris did.
    That's a real shame, I enjoyed Dylan's input. I will have to look him up on social media sometime and see what he is doing.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    J Rea's performance at the combined test has created a minor controversy on social media. Fans claimed that Rea should be in GPs, but it was pointed out that he's doing very nicely and earning good money where he is. Having a young family, 13 weeks away from home is better than 19 weeks away too.

Some of the fans, mostly from Northern Ireland apparently, took umbrage when it was pointed out that he would not be an instant Marquez beater. Nor for that matter would he automatically beat Rossi, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Doizioso, or Vinales . Oxley though did point out that in getting fastest time he did so with a bike that weighed 15kg more, produced 50hp less, did not have carbon brakes and was several million quid shy in the budget.

I'm not sure why the need to argue, Rea is probably happy.

One statistic from the test: at lunch in town the bill for one team was 1500 euros. I hope it was a nice lunch.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Rea would be up there. Not like he would blow them all away though there is only so fast a motorcycle can be ridden abd the current batch are all very good at finding that limit

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Gossip

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/mo...-team-boss/amp

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Johny Rea had sbk quali tyres and a few of the fast boys arent there on therir motogp bikes.Outstanding effort though.He will obviously be the man to beat next year again

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Other than a single mention that Dylan's departure was "sad" (from David Emmett?) I have seen nowt. He certainly didn't get the send off Nick Harris did.
    That's a real shame, I enjoyed Dylan's input. I will have to look him up on social media sometime and see what he is doing.
    I haven't been able to find a damn thing about where Dylan has gone to. Much more interested in what he's up to than Nick Harris retiring.

However, it's great to hear Simon Crafar is taking over from Dylan.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Fancy a bit of colour in a helmet? Drudi's latest winter testing hat for Rossi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drudi Design.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	333555  

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I haven't been able to find a damn thing about where Dylan has gone to. Much more interested in what he's up to than Nick Harris retiring.

However, it's great to hear Simon Crafar is taking over from Dylan.
    Dylan's Twitter didn't give much up. I wonder if his contract came up and he just got bumped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	333556

Bike
    R100GSPD
    maybe he just thought that withnick retiing it was time for a change himself?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Lets skip the multi million $ budgets and put them all on mopeds. Looks fun.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lets skip the multi million $ budgets and put them all on mopeds. Looks fun.

]
    When people I knew took the piss out of me for racing 883's, I laughed. Matters not what you're racing, but who you're racing against.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    When people I knew took the piss out of me for racing 883's, I laughed. Matters not what you're racing, but who you're racing against.
    Yeah, but that was a fucking entertaining class and worth a trip to watch the racing, just like the TRX850 one.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information