Page 138 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3183

Thread: Oddball engines and prototypes

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    More Bradshaw stuff (kind of)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oilcooled.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	549.8 KB 
ID:	334763  

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Greg, Swedetech is a California tuning shop that specializes in 2T kart engines

http://www.swedetechracing.com/

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    Greg, Swedetech is a California tuning shop that specializes in 2T kart engines
    Thanks Michael - I'd twigged that but couldn't help imagining Burt's reaction if he'd seen that logo.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfpv...LDk4qGiyiHflQh

Building (as in machining) a 2 stroke engine as a teaching tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mC...35WxljKs4OCmdH

2 stroke theory

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChY...eOMA/playlists

Too many to list so have a look through them
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Some good interesting stuff in there, nothing the hobby machinist couldn't do, some interesting opinions etc as well, - all depends on what turns you on or keeps you entertained I guess! I'll bookmark it and check it all out. - thanks.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Some good interesting stuff in there, nothing the hobby machinist couldn't do, some interesting opinions etc as well, - all depends on what turns you on or keeps you entertained I guess! I'll bookmark it and check it all out. - thanks.
    No worries.

One thing I like about his channel is he covers everything - theory, machining, fluids, electronics, materials, tools, etc.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    No worries.

One thing I like about his channel is he covers everything - theory, machining, fluids, electronics, materials, tools, etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPiF...OCmdH&index=29

I like that guy's style in the videos and most of the stuff he is talking about is (to me) correct, except that he can get it into words much better than I can!

The application it is used for is an important factor and in the case of light aircraft the modern two stroke is a winner, requiring more or less constant speed (RPM), a high power to weight ratio (very important in aircraft), but still requiring a relatively mild state of tune and of course simplicity in the maintenance department. Fuel consumption and pollution can probably be improved too with EFI.)
    I think that these are the main things Neil is trying to achieve, but maybe I should leave that for him to discuss!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI

I like that guy's style in the videos and most of the stuff he is talking about is (to me) correct, except that he can get it into words much better than I can!
    Old mate (“megafuckmouth”) is a bit too doom and gloom for me, so I think I will just stick my head in the sand on that one. I do recognise however he has some points, but he is quite opinionated and ignorant/naive in some areas, eg oil burning.

However Will, I think you hit the nail on the head, it all comes down to the application and, for the future, any such emission and fuel consumption legislations for each application. At this stage Neil’s autogyros are free as are Jeff Henise’s Bonneville LSR record and 125 motocross. It’s a tightening world.

Here’s what is happening in Oz:

http://www.environment.gov.au/protec...-and-equipment

Looks like karting might get thru, but will require each importer to plead their case, however, it appears that any leftover stock of 2 stroke outboards will be available at bargain prices after 1 July this year.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Seeing as how we are no longer a "producer" of just about anything mechanical , seems like a lot of bureaucratic employment maintenance to have our own 'standards' for anything.

Would make more (economic) sense to just require 'compliance' with appropriate international standards from EU or USA or JAP, wherever the actual manufacture is done.
    OK.. It's probably China or India.... May (a) God help us all.

Cheers, Daryl

Bike
    Vintage 2T

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, and has a well developed sense of self esteem and confidence in his ultimate knowledge of all things mechanical.

cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, and has a well developed sense of self esteem and confidence in his ultimate knowledge of all things mechanical. .
    You don't need to agree with everything he says. I know I don't, but I like his style just the same. And I've picked up a lot of present-day English expressions .

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Old mate (“megafuckmouth”) is a bit too doom and gloom for me, so I think I will just stick my head in the sand on that one. I do recognise however he has some points, but he is quite opinionated and ignorant/naive in some areas, eg oil burning
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Y
    He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, and has a well developed sense of self esteem and confidence in his ultimate knowledge of all things mechanical. .
    You don't need to agree with everything he says. I know I don't, but I like his style just the same. And I've picked up a lot of present-day English expressions .
    The guy has a style that certainly won't go down well with everyone. He's very sweary, which doesn't bother me at all. But he seems to have the ability explain stuff. Evidenced by my wife sitting through a bunch of his vids I was watching, learning from them and then wanting to watch more. I've been trying to explain to her the fundamental bits of engines for years and failed, but after watching a few of his vids she's now got an idea about these things.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes, but don't get me wrong, I didn't say that agree with him lock stock and barrel, but like that Norwegian guy (Alex)? - he has the balls to get up and say what he believes ("warts and all" - another English expression Frits) in a "vernacular" style (another new English word for you Frits) which most bike boys will understand and he probably doesn't give a stuff whether everyone agrees with him or not!
    Daryl, I hope that you don't get offended when I say that it closely resembles Aussie Style, ie up front and easily understood, no pissing around, say it as it is (just like you did ) - it's a style I like, which says, "if you think it's wrong, then stand up and tell me why you think it's wrong" - this instead of some, who will mutter on behind everyone's back. ( not meaning you - you understnd) then we all know exactly where we are!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Old mate (“megafuckmouth”) is a bit too doom and gloom for me, so I think I will just stick my head in the sand on that one. I do recognise however he has some points, but he is quite opinionated and ignorant/naive in some areas, eg oil burning.
    Ken,sorry - missed your post,
    I'm probably considered opinionated too, what's the harm in having an opinion? someone may agree but the debate is out in the open and you take the risk of being shot down in flames - but nothing worse than having a closed debate, excluding the guy who uttered the "offending" statement!
    It appears to me that in Oz if you are opinionated and are wrong, (generally) you will be told so in no mild mannered way and you know exactly where you stand ....... which to me is the way it should be ?
    The thing about this is that stuff can be sorted and put to rest quickly,

The guy has a style that certainly won't go down well with everyone. He's very sweary, which doesn't bother me at all. But he seems to have the ability explain stuff. Evidenced by my wife sitting through a bunch of his vids I was watching, learning from them and then wanting to watch more. I've been trying to explain to her the fundamental bits of engines for years and failed, but after watching a few of his vids she's now got an idea about these things.
    Yes, everyone has good points even if they tend to be a PITA!

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, and has a well developed sense of self esteem and confidence in his ultimate knowledge of all things mechanical.

cheers, Daryl.
    If someone doesn't like the sound of his own voice and has no self esteem, then he has dramatically lowered his chances of ever achieving anything! - this guy has at least achieved fame, ( notoriety maybe?) on You Tube!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Thread Information