Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It doesn't have to be 55-150cc, because it will be rebored.

This gets done all the time in buckets. Warwick has a DR200 barrel on his GN125.
    but warwicks bike started life as a 125 so is within the rules, is this the same logic that saw the gixxer headlight bulbs removed to cover the rule that says 'headlights must be removed' ?.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    but warwicks bike started life as a 125 so is within the rules, is this the same logic that saw the gixxer headlight bulbs removed to cover the rule that says 'headlights must be removed' ?.
    Yet an RGV250 barrel on an RG150 is a legal bucket if you air cool it.

So what it started life as means nothing at All, so long as it wasn't a competition based bike.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    All being a cock for fun aside, Warwick is spot on. Have the wording changed in the rule to simply give a maximum capacity. All the wording around over boring is redundant anyway. F4 4 stroke motors are to be no more than 158cc.

That's how the other Formula classes are, and there is only one way to interpret them regarding running capacity.

Bike
    suzuki
    Yet an RGV250 barrel on an RG150 is a legal bucket if you air cool it.

So what it started life as means nothing at All, so long as it wasn't a competition based bike.
    an rgv 250 is a twin road going machine giving 125cc per cylinder, an rg150 is a single, you've lost me on this one Drew?

All being a cock for fun aside, Warwick is spot on. Have the wording changed in the rule to simply give a maximum capacity. All the wording around over boring is redundant anyway. F4 4 stroke motors are to be no more than 158cc.

That's how the other Formula classes are, and there is only one way to interpret them regarding running capacity.
    great work, finally a bit of sense without shit flying around, our rule book is full of rules that simply need a tidy up. We've all heard about officials this and officials that but they wouldn't and couldn't get away with anything
    A the rules were bulletproof
    B the riders knew the rules and could and would challenge any bullshit.

So now it's over to the bucket people if they want to change the rule to allow some new bikes to fill up the back of the field...

Bike
    Norton Manx
    really, you're that fucking stupid?
    It was an honest question asked long ago, Drew answered it, you keep banging on about it, I think you are looking in the mirror when you accuse others of being stupid.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Has been fun and this suggestion makes sense.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    an rgv 250 is a twin road going machine giving 125cc per cylinder, an rg150 is a single, you've lost me on this one Drew?.
    The 56mm bore of the RGV250 twin and the 50mm stroke of the RGV150 single combined make for a 125cc single and that is a legal F4 engine if its air cooled. A very Buckety sort of thing to do. There may be someone who has even successfully done it.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    It was an honest question asked long ago, Drew answered it, you keep banging on about it, I think you are looking in the mirror when you accuse others of being stupid.
    which post did he answer it in?

Bike
    Norton Manx
    which post did he answer it in?
    There you go.... se3 it would be stupid to not read it all before posting........

Well, since we're putting together a nylon kit that will be straight bolt on to make them kart track friendly I can't se3 a problem.
    Nylons Sorted.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm not pro gixxer, I'm pro commonsense & pro racing, supporting others & fostering the sport. If you eventually pull your head out of your own arse you may understand how that works.
    Our heads are out but don't suffocate yourself up there Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    ... one raced in wellwood on the kart track in the weekend ..all good ...
    There you go children, dry your eyes, its already happening ......

Bike
    BSA A10
    This gets done all the time in buckets. Warwick has a DR200 barrel on his GN125.
    No I don't, I have an LT250 quad bike barrel
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    an rgv 250 is a twin road going machine giving 125cc per cylinder, an rg150 is a single, you've lost me on this one Drew?

Why stop at 125 when the rules allow 130
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    GPR150
    Our heads are out but don't suffocate yourself up there Bob.

There you go children, dry your eyes, its already happening ......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171112_145556.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	333408there we go
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Yo momma

So now it's over to the bucket people if they want to change the rule to allow some new bikes to fill up the back of the field...
    When was the last time you went to a Bucket meet? There is no 'back of the field'. The class is already bursting at the seams and the last thing it needs is non rule complying bikes, including but not limited to the GSXR150 and those Forza shit heaps that were told to buggar off for the same reason, stuffing already full grids. As someone just said Buckets has ALWAYS welcomed new people that show up with machinery that meets the rules.

Bike
    suzuki
    Actually it was questioning if they would be allowed to be nyloned up to the standard required for cart tracks without disqualifying themselves from the Gixxer class. Drew answered this.
    There you go.... se3 it would be stupid to not read it all before posting........

Nylons Sorted.
    where does it say that they are then still legal for the gixxer class, bear in mind Drew has said he has not read the rules for that class, i'm really confused now, yes i've read stuff but please point it out exactly where it states the above.

Thread Information