Page 2040 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 10401540194019902030203820392040204120422050209021402540 ... LastLast
Results 30,586 to 30,600 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    zuma50
    Were the edges of the intake ports leading into crankcase on RSW, RSA 125 contoured, or left sharp?

Clarify... the rotary valve port from the carb, where it ends in crankcase. Not the transfers.

Bike
    Suzuki GT500 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes he will. And it's true that TM has a firm grip on the 125 cc shifter kart market, although DEA has a beautiful KZ125 engine; the only one in its class with a balance shaft and a coolant pump, while all other engines rely on a rear axle-driven pump that does nothing for engine cooling when you are gassing it on the start line.
    Attachment 338853Attachment 338854Attachment 338855Attachment 338856
    They make some rather splendid looking Vespa barrels as well!

Bike
    TZ400
    A Vortex won in the weekend, but it was a situation exactly like 250 GP with Aprilia, the fast TM guys keep taking each other out, or ruining each others points totals.
    If you look at the lap times DeConto / TM qualified 17th due to a loose hose, that dumped water on the track that then ruined a lot of others times.
    He was the fastest in the final going from 14 to 5th , if he had started top 4 it was an easy win..
    DEA will never be a force in top level KZ racing , no matter how good the engines are technically, as you have 10 genuine factory supported TM drivers , tuned by Franco on the day.
    Its a case of better / more data , better/more support at every championship round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv5s_n66W9Y
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

70 cc cylinder

Does anyone have 3d or drawings of modern 50...70 cc 2-stroke cylinder? Going to produce by cnc milling.

Want to try out milled cylinders on high rpm boxers. Doing CFD optimization of boxer intaje after reed valve.

I use stream divider (white area at the top) to cut and isolate incoming air of rotating cranckshaft.
    May be same approach would be useful for one cylinder engines.

Bike
    kart

kz head insert

Hi Wobbly
    I have just pulled the insert out of the head for the first time and was expecting it to be a tap fit with an o,ring around the plug thread boss , but obviously found it to be a press fit with the insert shape the same as the head shape . As no water flows around the insert, heat transfer relies on the interference fit between the insert and head . Do you think that this is the best way to run or do you modify the head and insert to allow water flow directly over the insert .I had a mate who couldnt remove the plug because the insert was turning , but it didnt seem to detonate or run hot with minimal contact between the head and insert but only ran it like that for one meeting .
    cheers Richard

Bike
    TZ400
    The B is a different animal to the C as far as heat path is concerned.The way a B is set up you cant do what is required - that is to cool the area above the squish
    and the area around the plug threads , but have the chamber itself alot hotter..
    The stock C has one little trick , that is a small recess behind the main part of the combustion chamber - this means an air gap to the water cooled cover alloy.
    Im not going to show you how I do it , as its being tested for the D model now, but with slots and drillings you can get the parts cool that need to be , but maintain the hotter chamber surface.
    The biggest fuckup is of course having the squish spigoted down inside the cylinder 3.4mm , with a layer of chrome around it , and miles from cooling water.
    Fix that and you are 1/2 way there.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    kart
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The B is a different animal to the C as far as heat path is concerned.The way a B is set up you cant do what is required - that is to cool the area above the squish
    and the area around the plug threads , but have the chamber itself alot hotter..
    The stock C has one little trick , that is a small recess behind the main part of the combustion chamber - this means an air gap to the water cooled cover alloy.
    Im not going to show you how I do it , as its being tested for the D model now, but with slots and drillings you can get the parts cool that need to be , but maintain the hotter chamber surface.
    The biggest fuckup is of course having the squish spigoted down inside the cylinder 3.4mm , with a layer of chrome around it , and miles from cooling water.
    Fix that and you are 1/2 way there.
    Thanks Wobbly for the reply , having looked at pictures online i can see the obvious difference between the B and C insert , it appears that the C insert has water flow completely around it for cooling . A couple of questions regarding this
    .Does the C head and insert fit straight on the B
    barrel .
    Am i correct in assuming the only way to get rid of the 3.4.mm spigot is to machine /grind 3.4 mm off the top of the barrel and machine a new insert to suit .
    Is the design you have for the D basically the C head and insert modified to limit or eliminate coolant flow over the chamber surface but keeping
    squish and plug threads cool
    cheers Richard

Bike
    TZ400
    Yes , a C top end will bolt straight onto a B.
    Yes machining off the top of the cylinder eliminates alot of the deto issues and allows alot leaner jetting.
    Yes I have modified a C head cover and CNC machined a new insert that keeps the squish and plug cool , but allows the back side of the chamber to run hotter..
    No, the C insert does not have water all around it although as you say, it looks like it does.

Bike
    kart
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yes , a C top end will bolt straight onto a B.
    Yes machining off the top of the cylinder eliminates alot of the deto issues and allows alot leaner jetting.
    Yes I have modified a C head cover and CNC machined a new insert that keeps the squish and plug cool , but allows the back side of the chamber to run hotter..
    No, the C insert does not have water all around it although as you say, it looks like it does.
    Thanks for the reply
    cheers Richard

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Yes, they definitely did much better than Yamaha and Suzuki!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    It would, until you need to split the cases. I'd rather glue the spacer to the cylinder. But I'd never weld it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchpower View Post
    Scan rsw/rsa aprilia
    Frits Jan or and other Euros Dutch power etc....

Are you familiar with Albert Siegers i can only find that he raced in the 70s with (Maybe)RG500 and TZ's.
    Also do you know anything of Wout Rijn
    I believe they were both Dutch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Frits Jan or and other Euros Dutch power etc....

Are you familiar with Albert Siegers i can only find that he raced in the 70s with (Maybe)RG500 and TZ's.
    Also do you know anything of Wout Rijn
    I believe they were both Dutch?
    Albert Siegers is a good friend of mine.
    Never knew Wout Rijn...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Albert Siegers is a good friend of mine.
    Never knew Wout Rijn...
    Cheers Jan

(Pm sent)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Were the edges of the intake ports leading into crankcase on RSW, RSA 125 contoured, or left sharp?

Clarify... the rotary valve port from the carb, where it ends in crankcase. Not the transfers.
    In the RSA it was left sharp, the RSW was contoured

Bike
    yzf 250
    Mechanic from jumping Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alb.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	338961  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    I ran some simulated crankcase pressure traces with the minimum in the middle because I wanted to see if there was anything useful there that I could use for my EFI efforts.

I was expecting the crankcase pressure to be low at Idle. But to my surprise the crankcase pressure remains relativly high. So how does the motor slow down to an idle with all that air/fuel to burn. my guess is, it can't be air/fuel but pollution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5% Low.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	338962 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15% Low.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	338963 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65% Low.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	478.3 KB 
ID:	338964

The peak on the left looks like air that went into the crankcase then bounced out again, as it does. Or maybe, exhaust gases back flowing down the transfers into the crankcase.

Pollution from the exhaust may explain why the minimum crankcase pressure can be the highest and much the same at idle and low RPM whatever the throttle position.

Exhaust pollution in the crankcase may also explain why the motor idles when the throttle is near shut in spite of the average crankcase pressure being the highest, much higher than at WOT.

A 4S motor has a throttle plate with an inlet tract attached to a fairly good piston pump so its inlet MAP is low at idle and high at WOT.

A 2S also has a throttle plate but its inlet tract is attached to something that acts more like a pulse jet engine than a pump.

A 2S crankcase MAP is high at idle and lower at WOT. So MAP behavior for a 2S is quite different to what we are used to from a 4S.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	338965

The yellow line is a crankcase pressure MAP data log I took when the bike was on the dyno and it tends to support the notion that the crankcase pressure is relativly high at idle and low rpm and the average drops at higher throttle openings. The crankcase MAP at idle is very close to ambient air pressure. White line is TPS and Brown is RPM.

Looking for the peak crankcase pressure had already been suggested by Flettner. So for 2S EFI my current thinking is to expand on that and take the difference between the minimum crankcase pressure seen in the middle of the simulated graphs and the maximum that is seen on the right hand side where the piston is compressing the actual air that was trapped in the crankcase and using the difference as an air flow indicator.

To me this difference seems to give the best indication of mass air flow. With the difference at 65% being about 0.33 bar, 15% 0.20 bar and 5% 0.15 bar at a rough guess.

If we do something like MAP = (Max - Min) * 3

Then 65% on the pipe would be 0.99 bar
    And 15% on the pipe would be 0.60 bar
    And 5% on the pipe would be 0.45 bar

They Look like useful traditional 4S MAP values to me and something that a EFI CPU can use and off the pipe situations would easily show up as a lower MAP values.

Thread Information