Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The WR250 Thread

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post
    End up getting a new seat Dave? Ive been trying out bike pants... Makes it slightly more bearable..

Changed the gearing to 12/45 for a trail ride tomorrow, would be slightly lower than ur 13/47... Seems to go like a raped ape in the dirt now, power wheelies in 2nd and still gets over 100kph nicly.

Got the Piralli Mt21 on the front Mich AC 10 rear feels a good setup.
    Hey mate no haven't got a new seat yet I'm about to fork over some coin for another mountain bike so a new seat will have to wait

How did your bike go on the trailride? Did I read in another thread that you binned it at some point

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave h View Post
    Hey mate no haven't got a new seat yet I'm about to fork over some coin for another mountain bike so a new seat will have to wait

How did your bike go on the trailride? Did I read in another thread that you binned it at some point
    Haha.... Yep that was me
    Sticking to the back roads

Bike
    2005 Ktm 640
    Reading this threads inspired me to get my one out again as its been neglected lately.. Ive got an X (Supermoto version of R). It is a great little bike.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Well fuck me it seems in a year the big bore kit has nearly doubled in price about $700 US ... Off my xmas list. From memory it was $4-500 and the exchange rate was much better.
    Sticking to the back roads

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R
    Well bugger me! It stopped
    My ever so faithful fun machine came to a grinding halt on Moa nui Rd (out back of Matawhai). Went round a corner and big flat spot, next corner, another flat spot. Nek minnut, a ruuurlly big flat spot, in fact a dead engine
    Pulled the tank off, plenty of fuel in that, checked the spark, lots of that. It seemed to have every essential of life but no way would she go.
    After about an hour of faffing about we decided to tow her to Matawhai while Al rode to Roto-Vegas for the rescue trailer Phil towed me out with the Beemer (that is what tractors are for after all). After breakfast at Matawhai I sent the others on there way through the Motu and made a bed on the pavement to rest while I waited for Al. An awesome local gave me and the bike a ride down to Opotiki which surprised the buggers who had gone the long way
    After getting back to the Naki spent some more time trying to get noise from the exhaust before finally admitting defeat and taking her to the Dr's.
    Took them a while to find the problem also. It turned out I had run out of petrol
    Ok stop laughing ya mongrel's Those who know my bike know I have the big Safari tank on her and you can see the fuel level inside
    When the tank was assembled the pick up hose's for the vacuum powered transfer pump had not been threaded through the holders inside the tank So apparently they can end up too high as a result of, say maybe falling off (not that I do that sort of thing ). The result being that no fuel gets to the injector pump and your bike stops
    So anybody taking off your fuel tank for any reason I would recommend that while you have it off you drop the pump out and check it

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by That looks like fun View Post
    Well bugger me! It stopped
    My ever so faithful fun machine came to a grinding halt on Moa nui Rd (out back of Matawhai). Went round a corner and big flat spot, next corner, another flat spot. Nek minnut, a ruuurlly big flat spot, in fact a dead engine
    Pulled the tank off, plenty of fuel in that, checked the spark, lots of that. It seemed to have every essential of life but no way would she go.
    After about an hour of faffing about we decided to tow her to Matawhai while Al rode to Roto-Vegas for the rescue trailer Phil towed me out with the Beemer (that is what tractors are for after all). After breakfast at Matawhai I sent the others on there way through the Motu and made a bed on the pavement to rest while I waited for Al. An awesome local gave me and the bike a ride down to Opotiki which surprised the buggers who had gone the long way
    After getting back to the Naki spent some more time trying to get noise from the exhaust before finally admitting defeat and taking her to the Dr's.
    Took them a while to find the problem also. It turned out I had run out of petrol
    Ok stop laughing ya mongrel's Those who know my bike know I have the big Safari tank on her and you can see the fuel level inside
    When the tank was assembled the pick up hose's for the vacuum powered transfer pump had not been threaded through the holders inside the tank So apparently they can end up too high as a result of, say maybe falling off (not that I do that sort of thing ). The result being that no fuel gets to the injector pump and your bike stops
    So anybody taking off your fuel tank for any reason I would recommend that while you have it off you drop the pump out and check it
    Also known as the "Safari tank shuffle".....I have heard so many people in ADV circles caught out by this.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Good to know, glad it wasn't really an issue with the bike itself.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Dr350
    Let’s get this back to the top. Is there still plenty of these around? And has everyone with a 2008-2015 had the stator coil replaced under warranty? I only recently found out and about it and mine goes in this week for it.

Bike
    Dr350
    This is mine, a 2008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26C52E07-FD46-42E0-B56A-9609DC1276AC.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	678.9 KB 
ID:	336545  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Addo007 View Post
    And has everyone with a 2008-2015 had the stator coil replaced under warranty?
    Had mine replace by Mach 1 Yamaha a year or 2 ago. Came back with the thread stripped on one of the bolts that held the tank on and the vacuum pipe left off the Safari Tank. Was suitably unimpressed. They knew they had stripped the thread as they had then tried to glue it in with Loc-Tite. It was a little bit disappointing.
    However in fairness the business has now changed hands and the new owner seems like a good bugger.

By the way, your bike is far too clean

Bike
    Wrrrrrr

2016 model

Just a few farkles - engine is still standard thought I’d wait till the two year warranty is up later this year.

Name:	1C166712-97C6-4CA2-8626-FFB9A5655AEE.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	522.2 KB 
ID:	336612  

Bike
    too many but never enough
    My 2017 has no engine mods and not sure I will bother. Will add a 47 tooth rear sprocket when I put some more dirt worthy tyres on later in the year.

Name:	20180216_134735.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	908.9 KB 
ID:	336631  

Bike
    Running a 14 52 combo on mine to try and keep the chain away from that front chain slider. I have found running the chain too loose is just as bad as running it too tight. On future long distance multi day rides I will be taking a spare slider with me. Included a pic of by far the best modification I have done to the bike so far

Name:	WP_20161129_16_03_45_Pro.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	461.4 KB 
ID:	336637  

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by That looks like fun View Post
    Running a 14 52 combo on mine to try and keep the chain away from that front chain slider. I have found running the chain too loose is just as bad as running it too tight. On future long distance multi day rides I will be taking a spare slider with me. Included a pic of by far the best modification I have done to the bike so far
    Two of the best mods from what I can see, looks like you have solved both the sore ass and the lack of range from the tiny standard tank. I’ve just fitted a rotopax tank and mount on the back. What tyres are you running?

I’ve geared it at 13/47 with a speedo drd healer. Seems to be geared ok for my use.

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Just a few farkles - engine is still standard thought I’d wait till the two year warranty is up later this year.
    That is a fantastic photo, is that on the east coast? Full exhaust and fuel programmer transforms the bike, really lets it breath easier.

Thread Information