Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1 Tonne racing leathers

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Hello Elysium.
    We have had about 4 pairs of the Touring boots from our last shipment have the same problem, so we have told the manufactuer and he will replace any boots with this problem. Please send them back to us and we will replace them.
    Can you please contact us through our website (www.1tonne.co.nz) so we can make arrangements.
    Please note that these are very good boots and we have sold 400-500 pairs of them that have been excellant. If they were sold in a shop they would retail inbetween $350-$400.00.
    Cheers.

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    I've just received a one piece set of track dayer leathers from 1 tonne and they rock. I'm really happy with the fit and quality of them, and your service was awesome too.
    Recommended!

Bike
    GN250 2005
    Blog Entries
    advice I wish I had gotten first.

"Buy the gear and whatever you have left is your budget"
    I would have gotten a cheap second hand scooter instead of blowing my entire budget on a brand new one (would have worked out better overall as I'll be on a bike within a year of purchase anyway).

I do not want to skimp on quality when it comes to gear, and I do not want to buy second hand (want to be sure of no rips and tears and have some kind of warranty). but I cannot afford "The Best" so I'm compromising.
    I want gear that will keep my skin on for a bin. if I have to replace it afterward so be it.

1Tonne seems to meet all of my requirements, the gear will keep me dry (within reason) and my skin on for at least one bin and it has armor in all the right places, back, shoulders, elbows, hips and knee's for a heck of alot less than branded jackets and pants that are made of other fabrics and are missing some of the armor (Back and hip armor is not always standard, seems stupid to me).

IMHO as a new rider getting into gear on a tight budget (my ass works at burger king when I'm not at uni studying) I would rather have this gear on than be in a thin jacket and jeans while I save up for those jackets and pants that are made to last me 5-10 years of use.

as for the two piece leathers, I hope they serve you well.

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650
    Hi Zerker...
    Mate, associating quality with high prices, doesn't always follow. From my experience with this Co., they are a small Co., and their prices are very reasonable, .... but they aren't selling 'cheap gear'. I have owned High price "branded" bike gear, and some of it has been much lesser quality than should have been provided, ..... given the price paid.

I can afford to buy new gear, leather or cordura, but don't like paying through the nose for gear that just isn't worth the money.

In my experience, 1Tonne provide very good gear ..... end of story. It doesn't matter if you are just starting out, or been riding for years ...
    The price is a bonus, and I believe that's because of the philosophy of the couple who own and run the Co. They aren't out to rip any one off, and do believe in providing great products and service at reasonable prices.

I agree about buying good gear first, or budgeting it into your overall initial outlay when buying a bike. And if you are starting out with a bike license, it makes sense to get a second hand bike/scoot for the first bike. As you say, you probably won't be on that same bike or scoot for long, and you loose a lot less money on changing a second hand bike, for your next purchase. Buying the best riding gear you can is an investment in your safety and it often gets overlooked ......

1Tonne isn't the only good bike gear provider out there. There are a couple of others that I like and have supported, .... but I am very happy with 1Tonne service and products (obviously !!) and happy to recommend them
    Last edited by Gizzit; 30th April 2009 at 19:24. Reason: needed editing .....

Bike
    FZR 400
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Sorry Quassi, but I do not want to answer your questions as I have been in other forums where you try to bring down and eventually badmouth other brands to bring up your brand. I have more honour than this and will not take the bait.
    Plain and simple. For some people it is all a matter of money and I am quite sure people understand.
    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    So this suit Specification,

"Features:
    *Designed by a Professional Moto GP suit designer"

"and has been designed and manufactured by one of the worlds top apparel designers"

Means that one of these designed and specd suits is used in Motogp?

And is available at $700 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    Quite frankly its getting to the point where I wouldnt buy Quaismoto simply cause I am sick of how the owner of this company puts down every other brand every chance he gets. Let people make their own decisions on how they spend their money.

Rant over.
    its funny because i see the same people bagging Quaismoto, I didn't see him say any thing bad about 1tonne in this thread, sure he asked them some hard questions, but as a member of the industry isn't that his right? That being said I bought some 1tonne cordura pants recently expecting "you get what you pay for" and I am beyond happy with them, spent 4 hours riding in the rain on monday and even the stuff in my pockets was bone dry, nice one 1tonne I'm getting a 2piece from them, because no matter what leather is better in a slide than cordura
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Cheers for that Laxi.

Bike
    FZR 400
    nah, cheers to you guys! was looking at pants for twice the price
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    SV650
    Ive just got a One Tonne race suit and have to say the quality is amazing for the price. Ive only wore it once so far and its already super soft and comfy which is something I cant say about about my last pair of leathers which were by a "named" brand.
    Everything about them just feels right and the style and colours are brilliant. If anyone is thinking of buying any of here gear go for it because all Ive seen is top quality for an amazing price
    K Ryan #119
    supported by
    Motodynamix, One tonne apparel, Pirelli, EBC brakes, AGV, Clover, RST, EK Chains, Repsol
    Thanks for your support

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benk View Post
    In this instance I think you have showed great restraint and been very well behaved
    I agree. Don't know what jamrolls comment was about.

Bike
    03 RS250, 07 ER6-N, 08 UZ125
    Just some comments in general about this thread...

In terms of safety vs price, its fantastic to be able to spend $395 on a full suit, and be able to take it easy with no bins at a track day, rather then spend $395 on a name brand jacket and not have the $$$ to buy trousers to even let you go NEAR a track day.
    Or if you have to choose betwen the track-day-ing with a $700 full suit...or a $500 name-brand leather jacket zipped to cordura trousers...

When a retailer seems to mention the worlds "top APPAREL designers who has (SIC) thier garments in the Moto GP"... What does this mean? Was it Hugo Boss-designed because one of the GP riders wears Hugo-Boss at after race events? - would be SWEET if all leathers could fit like a tailored business suit though =)
    Even worse, it could suggest that DESIGNS are being copied from MotoGP, and potentially manufactured by some average factory.
    And even if it does come out of the same factory the Dainese/AlpineStars/AGV come from, unfortunately does not categorically mean that the quality is of the same standard as the big name.

Bad spelling on websites and/or TradeMe listings don't exude professionalism, and too many NZ sites look like they are designed in the English as a Second Language country the suits are likely sourced from. I know bad spelling doesnt equate bad suits, but hey guys, your'e running a business!

Answering pertinent questions about a product that any potential customer (or 'on behalf of'...) may want to put forward would rank quite 'up there' in my books for professionalism.

Been to the 'Tron to buy some of Quasi's stuff in the past, and he has only had POSITIVE things to say about 1Tonne and LifeStyle. And HE volunteered these comments. Can't see that, or his comments here on this thread being anti-competitive.

My 10c worth (damn inflation...)
    Do you smell that?Two Stroke,son.Nothing else in the world smells like that.I love the smell of Two Stroke in the morning.

20% off MRP for KBers.Mass Gain,Weight Loss,Vitamins,Supplements.PM or email afterhours.nutrition@xtra.co.nz

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by aewilliam View Post
    Just some comments in general about this thread...

In terms of safety vs price, its fantastic to be able to spend $395 on a full suit, and be able to take it easy with no bins at a track day, rather then spend $395 on a name brand jacket and not have the $$$ to buy trousers to even let you go NEAR a track day.
    Or if you have to choose betwen the track-day-ing with a $700 full suit...or a $500 name-brand leather jacket zipped to cordura trousers...

When a retailer seems to mention the worlds "top APPAREL designers who has (SIC) thier garments in the Moto GP"... What does this mean? Was it Hugo Boss-designed because one of the GP riders wears Hugo-Boss at after race events? - would be SWEET if all leathers could fit like a tailored business suit though =)
    Even worse, it could suggest that DESIGNS are being copied from MotoGP, and potentially manufactured by some average factory.
    And even if it does come out of the same factory the Dainese/AlpineStars/AGV come from, unfortunately does not categorically mean that the quality is of the same standard as the big name.

Bad spelling on websites and/or TradeMe listings don't exude professionalism, and too many NZ sites look like they are designed in the English as a Second Language country the suits are likely sourced from. I know bad spelling doesnt equate bad suits, but hey guys, your'e running a business!

Answering pertinent questions about a product that any potential customer (or 'on behalf of'...) may want to put forward would rank quite 'up there' in my books for professionalism.

Been to the 'Tron to buy some of Quasi's stuff in the past, and he has only had POSITIVE things to say about 1Tonne and LifeStyle. And HE volunteered these comments. Can't see that, or his comments here on this thread being anti-competitive.

My 10c worth (damn inflation...)
    Sorry mate ..... just couldn't resist when I saw your comments about other people having bad spelling, and making a few mistakes yourself !! (which we all do from time to time, I'm sure !) lol (see above ...... )

As for the comments about professionalism re answering "pertinent question" regarding products ....... you would really need to understand the history regarding one supplier bad mouthing other suppliers on here, to know why certain questions were not answered in THIS post. .... It goes back a long way, and in other much older posts, and not worth dragging up ..... but you do need to be aware that there are reasons why one person answering another person questions, didn't happen.

All is dealt with now .... hopefully. I suggest if YOU have any questions, for any of the suppliers on here about their products, that you address the questions directly to them.
    Once again, and unfortunately ...... if you discuss individual suppliers gear in an open forum here, one supplier can't help himself with regard to putting his view across ..... in such a way, as to bring about the inevitable result of provoking a "confrontational situation" for other suppliers ...... when that shouldn't (and definitely,doesn't need) to be the case (no matter what is said in private to an individual). That is about professionalism !!!
    As I said ..... this is deeply rooted in historical issues/posts within this forum, and you are obviously unaware of what has gone on here, before you joined.

Happy riding mate.

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizzit View Post
    if you discuss individual suppliers gear in an open forum here, one supplier can't help himself with regard to putting his view across .....

i dunno about that, i never see 1tonne popping into quasis threads, always seems to be the other way round....

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by aewilliam View Post
    When a retailer seems to mention the worlds "top APPAREL designers who has (SIC) thier garments in the Moto GP"... What does this mean? ........Even worse, it could suggest that DESIGNS are being copied from MotoGP.......Bad spelling on websites and/or TradeMe listings don't exude professionalism...
    My designer designs for a few differant brands including some very Big name brands. He over sees the quality of our GP Tech2 suit, Black Hawk suit and the Ladies Monza suit and he doesn't copy from the MotoGP.
    The quality of these suits is excellent. I have even shown Shaun Harris and he thought they were excellent. He said he would have worn our suits if he carried on racing, and he doesn't wear just any old suit!
    My spelling isn't that great, so if you find any other mistakes in my gramma, let me know. (By the way, I am not Asian, not that there is any problem with Asians).
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Virago; 24th May 2009 at 14:42. Reason: HTML

Bike
    XR200
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizzit View Post

As for the comments about professionalism re answering "pertinent question" regarding products ....... you would really need to understand the history regarding one supplier bad mouthing other suppliers on here, to know why certain questions were not answered in THIS post......... this is deeply rooted in historical issues/posts within this forum, and you are obviously unaware of what has gone on here, before you joined.
    I'm also unaware of past issues but understand your point. I've refrained from commenting until now but IMHO Quasi's mild questions are a long long way from bagging a competitor. Whatever, 1tonne deals with it cheerfully and well. I respect both.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    My spelling isn't that great, so if you find any other mistakes in my grammar, let me know.
    Good spelling and grammar are important. It is a basic requirement for a professional image. Haven't noticed much astray on your website although I think the TM listings have the occasional mistake.

Good website and attractive gear.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quassi and I have sorted things out and now we are on good terms with eachother and we have both agreed to not comment any longer. Thanks for respecting both of us for resolving our problem.
    I will get my wife to check TM as well.

Thread Information