Page 87 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 5695

Thread: Trump

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    To lighten the mood... Y'all will be aware that the Republican Party emblem is an elephant, and the Democrat emblem is a donkey.

Herewith, from Twitter, a poem about uniting the country - sort of.

The election is over.
    The results are known.
    So let us work together
    and forget the past.
    I will hug your elephant.
    You can kiss my ass.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Reuters qualifies as a reputable source, thanks. I saw Trump accuse the medical profession of infating prices, I saw outrage from the medical community. As yet I've seen nothing to indicate it wasn't just another Trump fantasy. That Reuters item doesn't say anybody was guilty of inflating prices. There was a higher rate paid for COVID patients than some others, but saying that incentivised doctors to misdiagnose patients is drawing a long bow. I've still seen nothing to say it happened, let alone was as wide spread as the idiot in chief claimed. Maybe one day?

I regard Trump's claims such as this one, and the claim that they have more cases because they do more testing to be idiot level stuff. He still finds people who believe his lies. All 23,000 odd of them - and counting.

If you feel so negative about what i post here, don't read it. Ii's not compulsory.
    Perhaps there needs to be some distinction between medical professionals (e.g. doctors) and the organisations / administrations that runs the hospitals in which they operate (and who will have more of a profit focus).

In NYC, there were certainly claims earlier this year that:
    - the numbers of emergency beds and respirators in some privatised hospitals have continued to be run down in past years (in the name of "efficiency" i.e. cost savings)

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2020/...s-ventilators/

- it was possible for hospital administration to claim varying amounts for "Covid patients", according to the treatment (e.g. respirator used) and the reimbursing entity (e.g. Medicare)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/hospit...avirus/5709720

In the latter case, the senator is both a doctor and a Republican senator. [ I'm deliberately ignoring that the video clip was a Fox News interview ]

So while doctors involved with treating patients might (rightfully) get up in arms due to being branded as "gougers", perhaps the organisations / administrations running those hospitals may well be willing to take advantage of opportunities for higher reimbursement.

And given the level of "gouging" being performed by US pharmaceutical companies in the past few years for even basic medicines (e.g. insulin), I'd be quite surprised if some US hospital organisations - operating in this neoliberal world - were not doing so (to ensure ongoing profitability as well as to cover operating costs).

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2019/...nt-fix-itself/

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Reuters qualifies as a reputable source, thanks. I saw Trump accuse the medical profession of infating prices, I saw outrage from the medical community. As yet I've seen nothing to indicate it wasn't just another Trump fantasy. That Reuters item doesn't say anybody was guilty of inflating prices. There was a higher rate paid for COVID patients than some others, but saying that incentivised doctors to misdiagnose patients is drawing a long bow. I've still seen nothing to say it happened, let alone was as wide spread as the idiot in chief claimed. Maybe one day?

I regard Trump's claims such as this one, and the claim that they have more cases because they do more testing to be idiot level stuff. He still finds people who believe his lies. All 23,000 odd of them - and counting.

If you feel so negative about what i post here, don't read it. Ii's not compulsory.
    It is compulsory. Carry on.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Perhaps there needs to be some distinction between medical professionals (e.g. doctors) and the organisations / administrations that runs the hospitals in which they operate (and who will have more of a profit focus).

In NYC, there were certainly claims earlier this year that:
    - the numbers of emergency beds and respirators in some privatised hospitals have continued to be run down in past years (in the name of "efficiency" i.e. cost savings)

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2020/...s-ventilators/

- it was possible for hospital administration to claim varying amounts for "Covid patients", according to the treatment (e.g. respirator used) and the reimbursing entity (e.g. Medicare)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/hospit...avirus/5709720

In the latter case, the senator is both a doctor and a Republican senator. [ I'm deliberately ignoring that the video clip was a Fox News interview ]

So while doctors involved with treating patients might (rightfully) get up in arms due to being branded as "gougers", perhaps the organisations / administrations running those hospitals may well be willing to take advantage of opportunities for higher reimbursement.

And given the level of "gouging" being performed by US pharmaceutical companies in the past few years for even basic medicines (e.g. insulin), I'd be quite surprised if some US hospital organisations - operating in this neoliberal world - were not doing so (to ensure ongoing profitability as well as to cover operating costs).

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2019/...nt-fix-itself/
    ... as well as taking into account that a former chief scientist of pfizer says that the data collected thus far is rubbish given the numbers of cycles that samples go through renders them useless. Where the testing is useless and the data is bullshit, then it is entirely possible for no medical professional/administration to undertake any "fraud" given that they rely wholly on test results. Some people just can't think past their own bias. If the tests are wrong and you do more tests, you are guaranteed to get more positives that are false given the methodology being used. QED without "blame".

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    To lighten the mood... Y'all will be aware that the Republican Party emblem is an elephant, and the Democrat emblem is a donkeys.
    And it’s well known and accepted which of those two animals is smarter

On another side note the democrat election emblem “D20” was noticed by some to be “death to America” in some form of txt speak. A large D number 2 them America in the crosshairs of the 0

😳😂🤭😯
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    So - the USA has something like 4.5% of the world's population - and now has 20% of all Covid-19 deaths across the world ..

I think that's pretty good evidence that the actions they have taken are not working ..
    They also have major obesity problem (sadly NZ is way closer than you’d like to think tho).
    Prob also have the easiest inter regional travel in a large population too.

So your saying only about 1 million people are dead out of 7 BILLION people on earth?
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    On another side note the democrat election emblem “D20” was noticed by some to be “death to America” in some form of txt speak. A large D number 2 them America in the crosshairs of the 0
    You mean "made up by some"
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure that's true and it would be safe to assume that there will be hospital administrators who will take advantage of the system To claim though that the high US COVID case numbers in the US are due to hospitals fraudulently classifying cases is as absurd as the claim that the high numbers are because the US does more testing.

There will be mulitiple reasons but that Trump downplayed it, made it political, and has convinced almost half the population that it's a hoax will have a lot more relevance.

Currently the virus is spreading out of control in the USA, with virtually no national effort to control it. A large chunk of the population has just embarked on a mass super spreader event.

To use a term we're familiar with, the lack of 'situational awareness' is mind boggling.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More

Food for Thought

Meanwhile, behind the curtain ... politics is seemingly still at play. Having failed to agree on an extension to the earlier CARES Act provisions, it seems funds allocated to the Fed - which could have been used to support "Main Street" businesses and employees (not just banks and financial institutions) - are being returned to the Treasury:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/behind...d-rift/5730418

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump withdrew the US from the "Open Skies" treaty. Presumably to stop Biden reinstating the agreement Trump has now ordered the 'planes destroyed. The funding for replacement aircraft has also been cancelled.

45 sure does like to do things that make Putin happy.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Open Skies

Trump withdrew the US from the "Open Skies" treaty. Presumably to stop Biden reinstating the agreement Trump has now ordered the 'planes destroyed. The funding for replacement aircraft has also been cancelled.

45 sure does like to do things that make Putin happy.
    Quite the opposite, re your last point.

Putin is enough of a realist to know that mutual willingness to fly each others skies (via agreed periodic flyovers) is a good way of helping to mutually reduce nuclear tensions. US withdrawal from the Open Skies Treaty does not contribute towards that goal.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-officially-...act/a-55691315

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quite the opposite, re your last point.

Putin is enough of a realist to know that mutual willingness to fly each others skies (via agreed periodic flyovers) is a good way of helping to mutually reduce nuclear tensions. US withdrawal from the Open Skies Treaty does not contribute towards that goal.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-officially-...act/a-55691315
    The treaty is not specifically nuclear driven, troop movements are monitored. Russia in recent history has been up to no good in the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine and has been bullying the Baltic states.

Withdrawing from the treaty was one thing. Destroying the aircraft is another. Removing the fiunding allocated for replacement aircraft takes it to another level. None of the US allies are happy about this, which implies Putin will be.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Rudi starts at about 14:45... and I finished watching during an interesting bit of forensic testimony with regards to the data spikes at 1:14:45. More than enough. Might skip to the end at some point... then again I might watch it the rest of the way through as it is worthy of such attention.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Well, now we have seen Trump come as close as he will ever get to officially conceding - as in him finally telling his staff to cooperate with President Elect Bidens transition team. Are you ready to concede Trump has lost the election? and in a fair n square manner- since the Trump lawyers have failed miserably to come up with any hard proof?

For the record it was closer than I anticipated. I will be sure to totally ignore polls in 2024.
    I'm still at the same position I was on the night of the election:

Waiting for the actual process to conclude itself.

My Standard of 'proof' has not changed - that I will defer to the process and the checks and balances therein. There still does hang some interesting statistical anomalies which at the very least are worthy of investigation and an answer.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    I Ride No More
    The treaty is not specifically nuclear driven, troop movements are monitored.

Russia in recent history has been up to no good in the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine and has been bullying the Baltic states.

Withdrawing from the treaty was one thing. Destroying the aircraft is another. Removing the funding allocated for replacement aircraft takes it to another level. None of the US allies are happy about this, which implies Putin will be.
    As for monitoring troop movements as well - agreed.

As for the rest [ Crimea, Ukraine, Balt states, Putin is pleased ] - happy to disagree with your contention. But no need to debate it.

Cheers,
    Viking

Thread Information