View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. second day out.

Went out racing for the second time today (at the Slip[way, Brooklyn) and discovered that my bike really doesn't like drinking water!! back to the drawing board.
  2. what the hell is this?

i assume its some kind of breather but i really don't know..any TLS riders, i'd love some help!
  3. More projects...

Have found a donor bike for my oldest sons crashed NV400. I need a frame (his is bent after he decided to ride in to a roundabout in front of a car...), handlebars, instruments, straight tank, muffler and some other ods and sods. The one I have found is spray bomb painted matt black and out of the system. But runs and is straight. So this coming w/e I will travel to pick her up. 5 hours one way. The things you do for your kids. Have told him that this is the last time... right! So then I will assemble, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Winter Solstice - Police Public Relations

Group riding can be very enjoyable and there will be times, perhaps frequent times, when you go on a ride you won't know many or any people. The adage "Ride your own ride," is often heard and read about.

If you have a mentor and ride with a few friends, take some time out to review the general group riding strategies.

It may be the shortest day, and cold, but while group riding we are often reminded of our riding responsibilities, for not only our own safety, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pamela the Bucket

by , 16th June 2008 at 15:31 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Just gave Pamela a rev up to make sure all is well with the girl and see if we could hear the rattle I'm sure I could hear during the BOB.
    So get her started, definitely a rattle there, have a look about and yes, there!! Her front engine mounting bolts is vibrating its way out, nut from the other side has gone and the bolt was working its way out!!! ARHHH!!!
    So turn her off, wait for her to cool down enough to get hands in there and chuck another nut on the bolt and do it up
  6. Berry Berry Nice

Some of the family came down to Wellingrton last night and we went to the last show of Cats, at the Opera House. It was a great show and we had a big ride today, so it was a Berry Berry Nice weekend. (I say this because for part of the ride today, we were joined by Dick Hubbard on his Beemer).

The ride was departing from the Plimmerton Weigh Station at 0930, to go to Hunterville for lunch and I took my son Lance who is visiting. We were up before 0800 to get ready and on the road ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Big River Bikers First Ride

21 riders on a first ride.

Great weather, bikes, company and riding. The first of many?

201.4km for a fuel cost of $20.11, not too bad (98).

See the write up here. . . .
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...03#post1608503

Also on ride: normajean, Daffyd & XKNUTS turned up.

Cheers . . . . .
  8. Don't you hate it!

After work today I had to make a quick trip to Dunedin 165km return in the golden hour before dark. Because of the need to carry much we took my wife's vehicle. Temperature 12 degrees C, no wind. So still that eflections on lake Waihola (no time to stop to collect a photo) were eye catching.
    That's not what I hate! It's the 23 lucky riders of all sorts enjoying an excellent evening ride!
    All sorts of bikes, in the dusk light and the dark. Solos, groups of two and three and bowling ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast