Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Minginui - Matawai - Motu Midwinter Madness Ride 28-29 July 2012

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    What is the story with tenting on Friday and Sat nights?

EDIT": Does the pub allow camping?
    Thats probably my plan tent it on the Saturday Night at least a motel in Taupo sounds like the go for Friday night. I will confirm closer to the day and the suspect weather forecast.
    GSers

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    Thats probably my plan tent it on the Saturday Night at least a motel in Taupo sounds like the go for Friday night. I will confirm closer to the day and the suspect weather forecast.
    GSers
    Good idea for Taupo on Friday night depending on the weather. If it is wet and drops below zero the road thru to the pub could be off my list of fun things to do early Sat morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    GSers
    We'll probably overnight in Napier, then ride up saturday morning. Did that 2010. Was pretty icey just before the forestry turnoff.
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    Good idea for Taupo on Friday night depending on the weather. If it is wet and drops below zero the road thru to the pub could be off my list of fun things to do early Sat morning
    Last time I did it it was freezing the trip from Taupo to the pub wa OK it was that Bl--dy cold ice was forming on the front of your jacket the 950 KTM's where running funny (icing up the carbs) but a steady pace out to the pub was no problem people had come over from Napier the same morning. The worst part was the first creek crossing going into the forest (ICE) caught a few out.
    Should be good.
    GSers

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
    We'll probably overnight in Napier, then ride up saturday morning. Did that 2010. Was pretty icey just before the forestry turnoff.
    Cold is an understatement for that ride over the hill from Napier. I think my piss froze before it hit the ground.

Last year wasn't so bad.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    KTM 990 Adventure '06
    Gidday Clint et al,

I'll most likely be in. I'll be carrying my bivvy or small tent. I'll see what the camping ground has to offer on Saturday night or might just rough it somewhere (only problem with that is missing out on the beers & BS!). If someone wants to make up numbers/ reduce costs at other accom I'm open to ideas. I want to stay at the Rangatik on the Friday this year (no, not tenting if I can help it ). Yep, I'll make some phone calls sometime soon. Hmmmmm, new front rubber, new chain n sprockets, oil change, bleed those brakes & clutch, maybe change the fork oil... yep should be just enough time.

Bike
    Wrrrrrr

Camping

Well first thought a hundy was a bit much for a B&B then $ 50 to doss on the floor not so bad, but on reflection would sooner camp, $ 15 for a tent or $ 30 for a bunk says the camp ground, think i will camp so count me out of B&B Gman, toooo many beers helps you sleep when its real cold.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Well first thought a hundy was a bit much for a B&B then $ 50 to doss on the floor not so bad, but on reflection would sooner camp, $ 15 for a tent or $ 30 for a bunk says the camp ground, think i will camp so count me out of B&B Gman, toooo many beers helps you sleep when its real cold.
    You are one tough fello !!!!! I would wake up all through the night with the cold . . . . a one day 480k ride for me on the Sat & back to my brand new, never had lecky on bed. . . . . mmmmm (dif to Clint's MMMMMs )

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Sounds like a great ride, count me in. Undecided yet if I'll start at the pub or hook in along the way somewhere.
    Greetings to all, some great info in these threads. Keen to join any other HB adventure rideouts also.

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Gday and welcome to da adv thread, there are a few of us adventurous (however the hell you spell it) types here in HB so just keep an eye on the HB Rideout thread and keep in touch. Hope to have the odd social get together as well.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    Why not..
    Got to be in Auck on/around the 24th july..
    brother's 50th ...
    So I could trailer the XR..
    If it all works out .. I'm in...
    O well I'm out...
    Just spent my spare cash on another bike...
    will fly to auck now...
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    I'm likely to be busy over the next couple of weekends so I'm planning to get the gear into a small pile and re-install the pannier frames this weekend. Now where is my warm beanie hidden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    2011 TE630, 07 DR650, 2011 990R

International jet setter needs accommodation Saturday

Tickets are booked bike is sorted, just need somewhere to stay Saturday night, not worried about price eg not the container would be good.
    Anyone canceling and had a room booked ?
    Let me know please

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS
    Quote Originally Posted by circuit1 View Post
    Tickets are booked bike is sorted, just need somewhere to stay Saturday night, not worried about price eg not the container would be good.
    Anyone canceling and had a room booked ?
    Let me know please
    There is space available at the B&B in matawai. All beds gone, but $50 for somewhere to sleep inside (stretcher?matress? Not sure) with a "humdinger breakfast" ( her words not mine).

Let me know, I will arrange.
    It wasn't me, it was like that when I found it. Honest.

Bike
    2011 TE630, 07 DR650, 2011 990R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman71 View Post
    There is space available at the B&B in matawai. All beds gone, but $50 for somewhere to sleep inside (stretcher?matress? Not sure) with a "humdinger breakfast" ( her words not mine).

Let me know, I will arrange.
    Will you need to supply own bedding etc or included?

Thread Information