Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much for a ZX10 track bike

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by jafa21 View Post
    It was minor low side crash. only cosmetic damage. Has been through a workshop to certify no damage other than cosmetic.
    Due to that crash and insurance i decided to convert into a track bike. Still structurally sound and has not been derigistered (or whatever the term is) by insurance.
    At the time of crash i had the option of spending few hundred bux on footpegs and broken mirror to put it back on road. But i decided to spend the same money and convert into a track bike.
    Regardless of how you feel mate, the market will see it as a track bike. Your bike as a road legal, tidy 08 ZX10 would probably sell for around $10k in the current market. As a track bike, even a non-stressed one, would be lucky to see around $7-8k.

Realise that it might hold more value to you than this, but - as someone currently looking for a track bike, that is what the level of value that I am seeing is. Just my 2c.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Regardless of how you feel mate, the market will see it as a track bike. Your bike as a road legal, tidy 08 ZX10 would probably sell for around $10k in the current market. As a track bike, even a non-stressed one, would be lucky to see around $7-8k.

Realise that it might hold more value to you than this, but - as someone currently looking for a track bike, that is what the level of value that I am seeing is. Just my 2c.
    Not a huge difference, but, it is a 2010 if my glasses are focusing correctly

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Not a huge difference, but, it is a 2010 if my glasses are focusing correctly
    My bad. Wrote that on the fly in between meetings at the office today. My comment still stands for my opinion!
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Yeah what he said.

I've never thrashed any of my road bikes, even when I took them to the track.

My advice to you is to register it (sounds like it is on hold to me not dereg'd) and sell it as a road bike if you still have all the bits.
    Gives people the options and should net you another 1-2k in resale value. Wait another month or two for the weather to pick up and you should have no trouble selling it.

Best of luck in the sale.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

My advice to you is to register it (sounds like it is on hold to me not dereg'd) and sell it as a road bike if you still have all the bits.
    Gives people the options and should net you another 1-2k in resale value. Wait another month or two for the weather to pick up and you should have no trouble selling it.

Best of luck in the sale.
    according to first post its deregistered.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    according to first post its deregistered.
    You are quite right, but then the OP goes on to say "Still structurally sound and has not been derigistered (or whatever the term is) by insurance.
    At the time of crash i had the option of spending few hundred bux on footpegs and broken mirror to put it back on road. But i decided to spend the same money and convert into a track bike."

And somewhere else he mentioned not needing to be recerted I think. Meh.

Bike
    2008 ZX10R
    Yes correct. Not derigistered. It has been put on hold.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So chuck the lights and number plate back on it and suddenly it is a road bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5
    Bro.

Most used-bike buyers want the factory standard, unmodified bike. (a pack-rack being the exception)
    These bikes seem to sell for the most money.

If a potential buyer perceives that the bike has been thrashed, he won't pay as much.

Too many mods, no matter how good and how expensive they are, will put off most people,.... EXCEPT for someone who actually wants a modified 'race-bike' and wants to save $thousands, because the mods have already been done.
    In this case your bike is GOLD.

The reality is, only a small percentage of your prospective clientele will be racy.

A $1 auction on Trade me, will determine its value.
    CHUR ! Did I upset you...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    BEST TRACK BIKE. To determine this surely one should have given it a good thrashing?

What's the point of taking a powerful bike to the track and not giving it some stick?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    BEST TRACK BIKE. To determine this surely one should have given it a good thrashing?

What's the point of taking a powerful bike to the track and not giving it some stick?
    Depends on how terrified of it your are lol. I probably would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

How much for a ZX10 track bike

Per previous posts - put the road kit back on, rego it as part of the sale and bobs your uncle.

At least your bike got used on the track. Pity that so many track orientated bikes never do.

GWS

Thread Information