View RSS Feed

Project Bikes

Building your own

1. steampunk inspired veteran build

Its been a while since my last post, been diverted onto another of my bike projects
    Anyhoo, recently bought a veteran sidecar chassis, the bones of which will be reborn shortly
    Ive already got the 23" wheel,tyre & the axle etc so should be straightforward
    Im aiming to do a wickerwork sidecar body, so time to practice my weaving skills
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harley-IMG_3895.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	223761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	149497433_full.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	223762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generalpershingharley1.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	223763  
  2. She ridable.

It worked. Now needs a really good tuning and all will be SWEET. Have a look at this for proof;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAX_5wKV14
  3. back to the grinder

I ended up finishing at 1 am this morning fixing the swivel I made so I can race shift (the aluminum plate kept coming of the bearing), modifying the exhaust (didn't fit no more) and carrying on with my forever battle f keeping my garage tidy.

Headed inside to sleep and couple hours later I'm awake (yet again) obsessing over the exhaust. F(*k. i really must get a handle on this obsessive behaviour disorder.
  4. SHE'S ALIVE ha ha ha

Engine's running.

Couple of things to remember for next time;
    Make sure I check I have put all the parts back and in the right order. Having such spares are not a good idea.

Don't be surprised if you customize parts they won't fit when you something this amount they won't fit.

I'm happy though. The engine pretty much fired up straight away. With any luck I will be able to ride the bike tomorrow.
  5. what a shitter

Realized after fitting most of the parts I'll have to take the engine out to replace one of the cam chain runners.
  6. Okay, okay ...

I am officially changing the name of my bike to Snoopy. Satisfied now?? Bastards.
  7. Up then down then up again.

Got the engine back from the engine re-conditioners with new gudgeon pin and studs sorted. I then took the bottom end down to local bike shop to try and get the flywheel off and to our frustration the puller they have was too deep, so I went and tried to order one with no luck. Following a couple hours of procrastinating when I got home I strated putting the engine back together again. Enjoy the pics with a couple comparing the CBR125 and 150 cylinder and heads. Sorry I didn't get a pics of the ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back in the bike.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	530.7 KB 
ID:	223156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comparing CBR125 & 150 cylinders.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	504.4 KB 
ID:	223157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150 Piston in.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	448.3 KB 
ID:	223158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comparing CBR125 & 150 heads.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	480.0 KB 
ID:	223159  
  8. New photo album

I have started an album of all the work I have been doing to Zensen. I'll keep adding as I find more photos
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast