View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Selections for Week 2nd to 8th May

Dedicated to the memory of our Mentor, Uncle B.

Thank you to all that submitted entries this past week. I have found reading these entries very, well how should I say, ‘thought provoking’. Suffice to say if I read and at times re-read an entry, I often find myself saying ‘I am not alone, I was only thinking or doing that last weekend too’

Kinje, thank you for your participation as this weeks sole selector. To Minnie and gijoe1313, congratualations you are our selectors ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Selections For 25April to 1 May 2007

This week our two selectors both chose Kinje.

Thanks Mrs Kendog and Daza for your selection, and also I want to acknowledge Merv for his input guidance. (I actually went back through Kinje’s posts and came across Merv’s input – thanks Merv)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    I choose Kinje, because I think his post shows he has put some thought into how he's riding (something I often forget to do) and not just how fast he can ride. Onya dude.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Selections For 25April to 1 May 2007

This week our two selectors both chose Kinje.

Thanks Mrs Kendog and Daza for your selection, and also I want to acknowledge Merv for his input guidance. (I actually went back through Kinje’s posts and came across Merv’s input – thanks Merv)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    I choose Kinje, because I think his post shows he has put some thought into how he's riding (something I often forget to do) and not just how fast he can ride. Onya dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daza View Post
    I think i will also pick Kinje because of some
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why are we here??

Let's face it - it IS the big question.

The simple biological answer (not to be contemplated by anyone "visual") is that Mum and Dad got it on about 9 months before your first breath and the rest is a function of nutrition and safety. I'm inclined to accept that is a matter of history although all the more remarkable in my case as Mum and Dad currently find it hard to knowingly be in the same town, let alone the same bed swapping genetic material.

I'd like to ask the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. The Blog

*scratches head* - thinking of a topic to write about.

Ok so bikes will be a good way to start this off ...how I got into bikes.

Prior to the dream of owning a bike the ride on mower was the way to go. After I realised what the turtle and rabbit symbols ment on the mower it was time to try it out. Grew up on a farm so riding this 4 wheel beast at max speed was still a real snail pace. And managed to crash it into the grapevine.

My brother and I made ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. I'm a spoiled brat and I know it

Well - today's a typical day really. Nothing serious going on (in my mind) but theres enough going on to sink the average frigate (or at least help the NZ Navy ones break down)

Lets see - there's the upcoming trip for work. Auckland, Prague, Virginia, Boston, Austin (Texas), Houston, Austin again... and home again... and to be honest the bit I'm looking forward is the home again. Round the world yippee... NOT

A few company sponsored nights out on the piss won't hurt ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. April 2007 - Ride and Practice Selections

Originally Posted by chanceyy
    my pick this week is steam .. getting used to a new heavier bike & feeling like you are starting over ..

Originally Posted by Steam
    I rode to and from work, no time for fun this week as I have been working too much.
    BUT... I had three bikes to choose from, so that was nice. I rode a bit on each, they are quite different.
    Oh I suppose I did practise, the heavier ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. March 2007 - Ride and Practice Selections

Originally Posted by Nasty
    This week I pick Chanceyy ... there are several things from her lessons that it is good for us to remember as we are learning .. or even for the more experienced of those among us!!

Originally Posted by chanceyy
    ...what did I learn, this bike seriously makes me smile when i ride her, no matter what others are doing I am consciously riding to my own ability. Learning her lil tricks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized