View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Fitting Oxford HotGrips

With another winter approaching and my woman complaining of my freezing cold hands after each ride (which I was sure to rush in when finished riding, rip my gloves off, and promptly place on her nice warm stomach) I decided it was time to look at the options available.

I have very limited mechanical abilities myself (to help you place your skills alongside mine if you’re going to do this yourself). But I have a lot of patience and perseverance and I try not to let the fear ...
  2. 2 week holiday on the Bike!

Okay, thought I'd write a little down about my journey around the North Island over my holiday...

Got the CBR back up to spec again, thanks to the guys at Cycletreads for the new chain and sprockets, you have restored my faith in people!

Starting from home, on Auckland's North Shore, I left yesterday at about 10am after filling up with gas and packing the minimum gear I figured I'd need into my bag. (Spare change of clothes, shaving gear, laptop, cell-phone, and chargers...) ...

Updated 19th May 2010 at 23:05 by Phreak (Update, Part 2!)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Survived my first overnighter

As the title reads I did manage to survive a whole weekend on the bike! Hubby & me went away sat arvo down to friends in Hamilton (the longest voyage that I have taken so far!) Keeping off the main drag, we left pakuranga & headed towards whitford (boy traffic round auckland is crap at the time of day on a saturday). Then we headed out through Hunua then onto Mercer where we stopped for a late lunch. So far I had only nearlly died four times which isn't too bad cause ive done worse! The ...
  4. L platers confessions

G'day KBer's So here it is the good the bad and the ugly. the true and unedited tales from an L plater, i have been riding now 1 month and have clocked a massive 2974 km's. And i haven't even left auckland yet! I find reasons to ride, letting the wind kiss my cheeks, and at times let the rain drum a gentle melody.

I should start at the beginning i suppose. I'm a cage driver of 14 or so years. My current car ( well lonely car now) is a VP SS Commodore 5 litre V8. Smooth as custard ...
    Tags: learner
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Junipers Guide to Commuting 101....

Ok,

So I class myself as a not too bad commuter, this means that I have not had a crash yet and when I do it will be impressive.

A thread came up a while ago where I posted some of the tips I have about lane splitting and commuting in general, and surprisingly enough I got a green rep from someone I didn't expect. So to push my luck even further I thought I would write up my tips, tricks and advice on commuting here. Particularly because I keep breaking ...
  6. Trini the Triumph (not THAT Trinny)

So, it's been a while since I was on a bike regularly (like a year) so it was time to get the finger out and find myself another bike (my last one was stolen by scum).

I'd been watching trademe for quite a while and this bike had come up about 3 months ago. I seriously considered it then but it sold to someone else. About 3 weeks ago it suddenly reappeared on trademe, this time as a non-runner because it'd dropped a valve and destroyed the right outside cylinder. I thought even more ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04681.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	893.2 KB 
ID:	188554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04682.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	857.4 KB 
ID:	188555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04683.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	670.1 KB 
ID:	188556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04684.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	776.9 KB 
ID:	188557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04685.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	188558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04686.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	670.5 KB 
ID:	188559  
  7. And I survived the to the 4th mark

Tomorrow I am 40.

Its a milestone alright, but even more so that I get to represent thousands of the finest people on the face of the globe

Despite the shit we toss at each other on this and other websites the biker community I have come to know here in Wellington and somewhat further afar is genuinely a great bunch of people

Such a great bunch its worth spending the day helping people park, find resources and utilities, access for disabled or older riders, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Ten bloody years!

Ten years on KB! Where did it go?

Having marked previous KB milestones with a post I thought I might do so again. Didn't want to revisit the same things I'd written about previously so thought this time I'd write about the bikes.

I don't consider myself a “born again” rider in that I've owned at least one bike in every decade since the early sixties but the gap between my BMW of the nineties was starting to lengthen. Initially I wasn't attracted to the Hornet 919 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast