View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Temperature is up - spring is here!

Temp got up to 15 d.today. Got that old 'it's time for a ride' feeling. Off to get a warrent on the V-strom tomorrow, must have had tha machine for a year. How time flies! Will try the new Draggin Jeans tomorrow to increase the safety aspect. Hope the high cost is worth it!
  2. Fifth time this winter!

Went for a pre-breakfast walk and found about 100m of black ice on a decent uphill section so I left the scooter at home for the fifth time this winter. Yep, I wimped out! Still, lived to ride another day. Roll on temps above freezing!
  3. A Bit of Culture.

It's been a no-ride week so I have had to amuse myself in other ways, without resorting to gardening or tidying the garage, or cleaning the bike. Not a problem, I managed to finish three light-catchers today and I have enjoyed watching the Tour de France racing. Alexander Vinokourov continues to inspire with his never-say-die attitude whereby, despite having 60 odd stitches in his knees and elbows, he has dragged himself back into the top 10 with an outstanding performance in the 1st time trial. ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Ice rained off.

I wobbled down to work this moring and it was still -3deg. when I left home at 1000hrs. Frosty down here for about the last fortnight. Some road sections are frost, on frost, on frost which compounds into ice.
    It rained for about quarter of an hour, the temperature went up and a combination of the rain and the raised temperature got rid of the surface ice which made riding very much easier. Still chilly, but safer. Cheers
  5. Selections for 4 to 17 July

Dedicated to the memory of our Mentor, Uncle B.

A big thank you to Stickchick and kave for your selections from the entries this last fortnight.

Carbacca and Bull congratulations, I read both entries with interest: Carbacca it is always good to review your riding after attending a course and getting the tankbag, good on you.

Bull, as always a very informative write up, and knowing the Wellington region here, I always enjoy a ride around the bays, matter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. weekend ride

any bike size is good but better if you own something bigger than a 250cc just so you arnt on your own on the road.a good ride is down to vegas,then up to pyes pa though the back road then home the arapuni dam way
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
  7. A dinky little bike park

Check out this neat little bike park I found in the underground car park of the new Yodobashi shop in Akihabara. It has its own ticket machine and gate etc. This was quite a welcome find because it was pissing with rain so it was nice to be able to get changed and go straight into the shop without getting soaked. I almost didn't get a photo because the nazi carpark attendant told me it was against copyright or some bullshit that he couldn't even ...
  8. Still in the planning stages

Hi folks, well i'm planning slowly but methodically. The more i look at places to go the more daunted i feel about it cos i just have no idea where to start (suppose the airport might be best). Thats the problem with living on a very small island, you become almost agrophobic about goin anywhere bigger. I'm looking forward to it though and i suppose i'll just figure it out when i get there.

I'll look into getting a bike when i get there too, any help would be greatly appreciated. ...