View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Downsizing

Don't ya hate selling a bike you love?
    Even if for the right reasons......... you still hate to part with em.
    I hated parting with my SS750, but it was useless two-up.
    I hated parting with the 600F I traded on my GSXR but ... I had to.
    Now I am selling my Super Duke, because face it, it is way surplus to requirements.
    Had a lot of fun on it though! As has Kelly and the kids when I have taken any of them out on it. And the wheelies....oh the wheelies.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thanks Mr Avon!...and I bid thee farewell, Adieu …and I wave with a Big Finger!!

FU Mr Avon!! You can take your Storm 2 Ultras and shove ‘em where the sun don’t shine. I’ve had nothing but great riding off the Avon Storms but my last three rears (all Storm 2 Ultras) have cost me a fortune and given me no end of grief. The attached refers for the first two, to which I received no comment or reply….and then there was this weekend!!

The bike has been running great, I did have to get a Battlax 023 fitted to the front (I might note that this was because of Mr Avon’s ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avon Storm Ultra.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09001.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	248300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09002.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	248301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09003.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	248302  
  3. Babes and Bikes

Babes and Bikes...

well, sort of of.

This blog explores what the childfree lifestyle and small bike riders have in common.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Well worth the money ....

I finally got around to putting my bike on the dyno and did we get a surprise!!

Sunday I hooked up the trailer, loaded the bike up and got things ready to go visit Gary Pendleton. I swiped the mother inlaws Garmin because I wasn't exactly sure I'd find Gary's place without a little help and then watched some rugby.

Next morning I was up far too early for a Monday (I don't work Mondays, they're evil), into the car and off to McDonalds. Can't go anywhere without ...
  5. A Weekend Away

Ann had the Hawkes Bay Masters Tennis tournament to play this weekend and I don’t usually travel to these, but on this occasion it suited my purpose to go for a ride....so we did. We took Friday off and got away from home around 0900 for a quick fill at the Ngaio GAS then head over the hill to Masterton.

This was the first ride on the new Bridgestone 023 on the front and it’s been awhile since riding with Ann on the back, so the bike felt a little different and I was wary to see how ...
  6. OCPD - A Current Example

by , 30th September 2011 at 17:40 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    See Forum Link here for: A Good OCPD Example and the ensuing discussion.

Perhaps a good example of OCPD – Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder: In this illustration I point out obvious conflicts that can and do appear in forum threads, but I also refer to the “standard” that is site rules. So the question arises is the argument valid to have a reasonable expectation when concrete examples can be provided and measured against rules?

The suggested qualification ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Buying stuff you’ll hopefully never need (29/09/2011)

Yeup, you read that right. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been on a bit of a bent about survival and rider training.

Ages ago GiJoe had mentioned first aid kits and that sort of thing and I had shrugged it off. Since preparing for the GC last year I have been thinking of it more, especially when I had a few close shaves with cars on some runs, or helping people broken down in the middle of nowhere. Then Katiepie had her incident and it was a further reminder that I really should ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02923.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	247621  
  8. Summer work in m/c touring business

We are looking for a keen motorcyclist with good mechanical skills and good people skills to manage our branch in Takapuna over the months October-March.
    The work will involve prepping , maintaining and renting out bikes and helping overseas riders with their touring plans.
    Hours can be irregular depending on operational requirements. Weekends are just like any other day.
    Some computer skills are needed. You will also need a high standard of personal appearance to be able to ...