View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Delivery and 1st Ride

Oh Oh Oh Oh My Gawd....!!!!!.....

I just came in my trousers.......

Left work at 4:00
    Rode like a demon (albeit a Hyo demon) home
    Pulled into the driveway
    Saw the WMC Ute with my shiny beastie on the back of it at the end of the driveway.....

Off comes the jkt and helmet, out comes the camera. Off the ute comes the bike.....

Paperwork and a run down on the bike from Jim.....Slipped some $ to the man, and for the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. It's arrived

28th Febuary - Wet, Cold, Blowing like a barsteward. But you could not wipe the smile from my face even if you had me with a ten foot pole..

Reason.........My new steed arrived...

So it was off to the shop to see it uncrated.

Thanks to Pete from WMC for taking the time out to do this. Was just like christmas.

Gotta like the way they are packed up and transported nowadays.

Some pics included. Only took the boxing off, ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. price war

has anybody else noticed since the petrol price war started that bikes have gone up about 1000 dollars over their retail prices... must be because they are cheaper to run.

oh well ill just keep looking i guess...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Offerings to the Gods of Stationary

Turns out I only break my bike when it's stopped.

1) Hit from behind by a car when I stopped at a stop sign (bike written off... entire rear end and left hand side were squished... not to mention my fractured ribs, bruising and concussion)

2) Bolt sheared off from starter clutch and got flung around inside engine. Ended up replacing the whole engine.

3) Even the tyre developed a slow leak and deflated while the bike was parked at work.

5. Northland adventure easter weekend

COME AND EXPERIENCE THE BEST BACK ROADS THE NORTH HAS TO OFFER. 2 DAYS OF FANTASTIC RIDING ON WINDY METAL ROADS THROUGH NATIVE FORESTS & FARM LAND, VISITING BEACHES AND TRAVELLING ON SOME OF THE NORTHS MOST REMOTE ROADS. RIDE WILL START AT HIKURANGI ON SAT THE 11TH APRIL. HEADING NORTH VIA THE EAST COAST AND RETURNING TO WHANGAREI THAT EVENING. SUNDAY WE HEAD SOUTH-WEST, FINISHING AT WAIPU. FOR THOSE WHO LIVE SOUTH YOU CAN RIDE HOME FROM THERE, OTHERWISE A SHORT 20 MINUTE RIDE BACK TO WHANGAREI ...
  6. Torque VS Horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    Hi Guys

Im with you on this one Imdying.
    With the Xtreme bikes we have proved the HP isnt everything and that for us having excelent torque does it for us.
    Last weekend for instance Orange used Aarons ZPF with the Oranges chinese Banshee engine in it. The only non Chinese bits on that bike are the coil, Sava tyres , GPT gauges and of course The Orange. In open he had a 1st , 2nd & a 3rd and in doing that he beat a POLINI 16HP ( Correct , Gadgit ??? ) GP3.
    So Max
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. not enough hours in the day..

I used to be a man of leisure, I'd take the motorbike to work, then I would come home and smoke a few cones with the boys, then drink up on the weekend, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. Easy.

It got to the stage where this wasn't as much fun as it used to be, so I joined a gym and started weight training, and enrolled in the local polytech and did an engineering pre-apprenticeship type deal, which netted me a job. Sweet.

Then work tells me I have to go to night ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Buying a used motorcycle?

bought a speedmaster from an older fella on the shore through trademe.Im a little scruffy and he wasnt keen on me leaving the property on bike so what the hell i never test rode.Picked bike up 3 days later ,got to intersection to find it had wicked pulse in front brake,he was spraying bike with silicon when i got there so just summised he got it on the disk/pad.stripped all down at home only to find slightest of warps in disk.$320 later for aftermarket disk and still one more to go as i didnt have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized