Blog Comments

Great reading John, got my loop sorted for Nth isld start first day may change depending on how things roll after a midday start BUT big Saturday if all else fails, ferry boarding @ 2300 sails 0230 so plenty of can be had got a cabin on the bluebridge C U in CHC
    Yep, I've had one since doing the Southern Cross round NZ ride a few years back, not for insane speeds but mainly for overtakes when "making progress" a wee bit above the open road speed limit. Doesn't mean you're public enemy no 1 by owning one, eh? Seems to be particularly useful for warnings about camera vans now that the authorities use all sorts of vans. Should transfer it to the car - failed to spot a van at Kawakawa Bay just before Christmas. 55km/hr in a 50 limit and $30. First infringement for years.
    Somebody once commented that the bike has every electrical accessory known to man. Not true but...

All four bikes had the detector following a couple of minor speeding infringements that only involved minor money but carried points.
    Excellent Ron, very nice analysis. Sorry that you won't be joining the Street Triple ranks. Mine has now done 60k and has run flawlessly. Just fitted a new shock.

Errr..... I think I spot a radar detector on your Triple. What does a retired old guy want with one of those?
    Have you had the back wheel off yet ?
    The double ended sockets off eBay are good as are the quick change sprocket carriers to save removing the central retaining nut.
    The torque for the wheel nut is high enough doing it on a stand might be tricky, putting a small zip tie through the ends of the nut retaining clip is good for peace of mind also (If you don't do it already)
    Damn good write-up Pritch!
    a pleasure to read
    Great read, cheers for taking the time.
    I bought my stand from a company in Paeroa "House of custom"
    http://houseofcustom.co.nz/

Had mind for my VFR for a year now and it's done me well. Would no doubt cost you more to engineer one for yourself. They are also on trademe.

Cheers
    Appreciate all the work you put in to ensure a great day for all.
    Cheers Ken O
    The majority of the improvement in fuel economy is due to maintaining corner speed. There's less rolling off and on of the throttle so less accelerating.

Throwing money at Robert and Denis is much cheaper than buying a new bike, but the result is the same.
    Just wait till you get used to it, and expect all bikes to be like that.

You'll be ruined for life (as I am)
    Have to agree, my bike was done when KSS were still CKT. Compared to a standard MT, the handling is much 'firmer' and less wallowy. Got it set now for 'track/spirited' riding by Matt, and quite happy with the outcome.
    Great stuff. I'm glad you got the result you were hoping for nothing worst than spending the dosh and not getting the job you expected. At the end of the day its only money !
    I'll be there in Jan 15 to have the same treatment
    Good write up....thanks
    We had a great day met new people Had new roads to ride on Get my badge and now maybe a bike. thank for the phone calls
    I didn't think I was going that quickly... Possibly something to do with the totally oversized screen and the Andrew T's suspension setup. On the ST when you open the throttle it just seems to go faster, there is no more wind and it still rides like it is on rails.

Thanks for another awesome route!
    great day alright maybe next time I'll finish
    excellent write up KoroJ - thanks for taking the trouble - sounds a great day - cheers Aslan aka Stephen O
Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast