View RSS Feed

oyster

1. RG150 Racer piston relacement - how often?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    That's a bloody good question!! And although I agree with Avgas to a degree it can happen alot sooner with a race bike.... Last year I did the whole Vic club winter series with no engine rebuilds and even forgot to change a spark plug. I went out this weekend with a brand new piston that had been properly worn in for just over 200k's and managed to seize it. Granted, the most likely cause is the fuel starvation to the engine but I guess what I am trying to say is that you can never be too certain
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. RG150 Racer piston relacement - how often?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    That's a bloody good question!! And although I agree with Avgas to a degree it can happen alot sooner with a race bike.... Last year I did the whole Vic club winter series with no engine rebuilds and even forgot to change a spark plug. I went out this weekend with a brand new piston that had been properly worn in for just over 200k's and managed to seize it. Granted, the most likely cause is the fuel starvation to the engine but I guess what I am trying to say is that you can never be too certain
    Categories
    Uncategorized