View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Coast2Coast

Hats off to Drury Rotary. What a ride and a great bunch of people.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More bits...

All the gaskets, seals and bearings have arrived, along with the new conrods. The list of needed parts is getting shorter (yay!).

Still needing an ignition system (thinking of RGV250 - VJ21 (is that the 270° firing one?)), fairings (I'd like ZXR250A or ZXR400H1) and chambers (build them myself I think).
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cruising in Canada

I finally got my bike out of the shop....even though I have only been back in Canada for a week or two I was really missing being on a bike. (You sort of get attached to cruising around on a bike a bit everyday once you do it daily for three months.) The weather here is warmer then usual, so today I waited for the sun to come up and take the bite out of the air and then I hit the road. It's so nice to be back on my suzuki savage 650cc after spending three months on the little suzuki GN 250cc....she ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05428..jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	591.6 KB 
ID:	201000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05423..jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	530.6 KB 
ID:	201001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05425..jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	590.7 KB 
ID:	201002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05433..jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	577.0 KB 
ID:	201003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05404..jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	456.5 KB 
ID:	201004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05413..jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	561.5 KB 
ID:	201005  
  4. I hate cars with a passion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Oh you pore thing, Jess. Thats a horrible introduction to biking.

As to getting it sorted - be patient with yourself, and start work on getting the bike fixed. I think it's really important to take a break from riding after a bad incident, so with any luck both you and the bike are ready to go at the same time - anywhere between two and four weeks - everyone is different, and you mustn't hurry it. Get back on the bike only when you feel happy to do so.

You might
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The second and last day... [14/03/2010]

Cursed alarms... 0500... this was hard work, but at least my back felt a lot better than the previous night... These rides are hard work at pace on a naked, but hey, they were great in corners, which is what I wanted.

Doing the maths last night, I had decided that with being more tired on the 2nd day, getting 2800 points in the bag on the first day, it would be extremely unwise to push for the remainder of the required 7000 points to get a gold award, and scaled back my ride for Sunday ...
  6. The 2010 TT2000 begins... (12/03/2010)

The alarms came at 0430, much too early for my liking but no choice to be had and after half a year of waiting (I didn't do the first as the bike was in the shop being repaired) the 2010 TT2000 was finally here.

Showered in the freezing cold... damn toilet block was separate and breezy. Gear was put on and packed into the luggage with the noise of bikes constantly going past and we headed the 7km down the road filling up our tanks and grabbing some drinks for later in the day. At ...
  7. TT2000…A Fangers Delight! (Day 2 & Home)

I lay around for awhile, mentally running the day’s route through my mind and finally gave-up and got-up to shower and pack. As I went to drop the key at the office, there was Lance so we chatted for a bit before I went to check-in for the ride.

The first section was to Takaka and back and this was more unsampled road for me, from Mot’ onwards. I was a little slow getting ready so we were about 5 minutes late getting away, but then, others were still arriving to check-in. This proved ...
  8. TT2000…A Fangers Delight! (Getting there & Day 1)

3 Strikes for the TT2000 and we were ‘In’!
    Strike 1 – We got to do a 1,000Km ride
    Strike 2 – We got to do 2 of them back to back
    Strike 3 – It was in the South Island and we were due for a treat!

Sailings were organised and accommodation was booked for Christchurch and Nelson, tyres were good, the bike is always ready for a decent ride, we decided that a Bronze Flyer would suffice so we could approach the ride in a more relaxed manner and come Friday at 0725, ...