View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Head impact and acupuncture

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jelmet View Post
    Hi All
    I've only just joined KB but have been riding for a while, something any of you who have or know of someone who has sustained a good bash to the head as a result of a motorcycle accident may be interested to know,, Last friday I came off the Ducati up at twin bridges as a result of gravel on a corner-- I ended up trying to ride through ditch, almost made it if it were not for the culvert at the end-- got thrown onto road, not sure how fast I was going at this stage, landed face first
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. True or Not - Its bloody funny

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2009-05-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Advertising events and businesses

Advertising motorcycle events is always free on Kiwi Biker. Just post the event info in the forums and add a calendar event. This allows members to subscribe to the event thread to be kept informed of updates, as well as request an event reminder from the calendar event. If this is a major event and you would like it displayed on the homepage, just contact one of the Admins.

All motorcycle businesses that wish to sell their wares on this site must create a login using their business ...
    Categories
    KB Services
  4. What would you take for a touring ride - remember to

OK, for those that want to "fill their car" with what I'd recommend as fairly bog std crap for long-ish touring rides (ex the Chch Weds Night Rides thread after I reminded them that a tyre kit wasn't a bad idea and then someone did a clutch cable too & then they got all smart-ass):

Yeah, well I do carry one of those too - don't want the 6-weeks-ex-germany-its-unobtainium-otherwise BS I'd get via Murphys' law if i didn't have one!... But I thought I'd already lectured the obvious too ...
  5. The Royal Featherston Wedges

I have been house bound on Wednesdays for the last few weeks for various reasons, so the Wednesday wedges rides have been on hold.
    Last night I got "told" to go for a ride by my darling wife and come back a more resonable person. This usually works too ! I can become a bit of a handfull if I dont get a ride for a while. Thanks Nic!
    So I caught up with the Welly wednesday night ride and over the hill to Featherston it was.
    The ride over was good and the condition on the hill ...
  6. What's a Senior Member, Site Leader, Mentor, etc?

KB has several groups which you can belong to access different site areas and functionality. You can check your group memberships in settings under Permission Groups.

When you first join, you belong to the "registered" group. Over time, you can join the Senior Member group.

How do I become a Senior Member?
    Once you have been an active member on Kiwi Biker for long enough, you will be made a Senior Member. This change is automatic once you have been an active ...
    Categories
    Permission Groups
  7. Intro to User Infractions

User Infractions allow mods to issue yellow or red cards to users who break site rules.

Each infraction type has an expiration time. When the infraction expires, the associated points are removed from the user's point total. Infraction types can also be given as warnings. A warning does not add any infraction points to the user's point total.

Examples of site functionality that can be lost due to a high infraction level. The higher their level, the more functionality ...
    Categories
    Infractions , Site Rules
  8. Mon 11th : Hornet Night City Swarming

Well, the day started as normally as I would expect, I got up, had breakfast and contemplated about what indulgences I could get up to. As it turns out, I remembered to go to Sylvia park to purchase two novels from my favourite cash draining locality. From there, it was but an easy decision to head off to the wild west and peruse some of the roads and locations.

I wandered willy-nilly around the back blocks and hills of the Waitakeres. I went around to Piha and through to Karekare. ...