View RSS Feed

Bike & Product Reviews

Review bikes & Bike products you have owned / rided

1. Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News

Hi Team,

I have received an email from the co-owner of Wellington Motorcycles. Pasted below is a direct copy of that email... Today (26/02/10) I received a refund cheque for $247.58. To Steve and Wellington Motorcycles thank you for admitting fault and rectifying this.

I have however decline the next service at Wellington Mototcycles.

------

Hi Kenneth; after reviewing your service work it has come to my attention, that you have had the ...
  2. Well I gone and done it now ...

Tonight, I have with some small fanfare and trepidation, have put my reputation and money where my mouth is ... I went and announced to the whole of the KB world that Jeaves and I have opened our own online bike parts store. With quality bike parts sourced from the land of the rising sun.

It was two years ago that over the re-wiring of my lil'ol'hornet's lights (for what seemed like the umpteenth time) that Jeaves and I were doing the classic Kiwi moan. "Why can't we get the cool ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIKEKO_header.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	197222  
  3. Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service - Update 09/02/10

I have just talked to a mate and he had exactly the same service last month at Wellington Motorcycles . They used exactly the same parts, fuilds etc on his Bandit 1250 (and a full fairing) and he was only charged $330.

Now I am really gutted

I will be getting a copy of his Tax Invoice and presenting this to the owner.

Update and reply to previous post - Sanatised

09 Feb 2010

I have just returned from Auckland after ...

Updated 9th February 2010 at 19:18 by rustic101 (Updating)

Categories
    General Bike Ravings , Personal entry , Sport/Road Bikes , Bike & Product Reviews , General Bike Maintenance
  4. Hyperspace,what bike for adventure trails, tracks, gravel and tarmac

Quote Originally Posted by navek View Post
    Hi All knowledgable bike types
    Having recently upskilled to novice in trail riding skills in last 11 months from ziltch to able to get there, finally got bike suited to my personailty/skills KTM 400, (great bike)for weekend trails but now wish for more 'Adventure' type bike for comfort over longer and longer km's on road and gravel but still capable in trails. Most importantly short legs make this challenging. My list BMW 650 GS great seat height lovely on road, bad small front wheel low
  5. Fri 8th : Massacre at Maraetai

Salutations and hail to thee my personable reader, I am back again with yet another interminable rendition of my eclectic ways of using my bike at any excuse.

I must say it was not a very big riding day for me, nor was there much in my day except to enjoy the delivery of a package I had ordered from the internet. 1 day sales is a most disarming site that induces you to willy-nilly open your wallet and purchase the delightful products on offer.

In this case, I put in ...
  6. Thur 7th : Gremlin by name, gremlin by nature - what's in a name?

Yet again my fine person of quality that peruses the personal volumes of memoirs that make up the stock within KiwiBiker, I bid you welcome and I hope you are well rested. I find the time to wax lyrical on my rides and I do so appreciate the time and effort that you deign to actually dabble on my diadems of biking discernment.

This day once again found me at odd sorts, I had already commenced a full day of housebound chores involving the clearance of unwanted vegetative matter from ...
  7. 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7

Well last week a guy at work mentioned he wanted an 'as new' original tail section to replace the tail tidy on his GSF1250... It just happened that I was looking for a tail tidy for my GSF650.

Long story short we paired the bikes up in the work garage at lunch time, with rulers and sharp eyes we measured and compared the bikes. A as fate would have it there are no physical components that are different including the frame and sub structure that would have ...
  8. Here we go

not sure how these blogg things work so will just talk shit here for a bit and see what happens
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast