Blog Comments

Did they break down the invoice for parts and labour?
    How handy are you with a tool kit and full service manual?
    I have to say, I'm writing this down as much for my own benefit as anyone elses: reading back through this when I am back at work will help to ease to boredom!

:-)
    Good to hear you enjoyed yourself, next time we will make it a bit of a longer ride but at least now you know what to expect! You will be surprised how little time it takes to get used to the wobbling around bit and you will be passing us geriatrics fairly soon.

Iain
    Good write up mate !! I too am off on a 2 week journey wgtn ways over June.. I look forward to more of your writr ups SOOOONnnnnnnnnn
    Great story, Go the 250's!
    Thanks for sharing - look foraward to the rest.
    I've had;
    Rears
    Battlax 3800; Conti RA 9550; PR2 12260; PR 13183; Storms 11057, 9800, 13275 9550 & 11053
    Fronts
    Battlax 13350; PR2 18090; Z6 13232; Storms 17510, 14163 & 15605
    Some were short termed due to long rides coming up and a couple with punctures causing excessive wear.
    Great story. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Great stuff, love hearing about this kind of thing.
    Enjoyable read Koro. What milage did you get out of those tyres in total ? I am sitting at almost 14,500 on the tyres that I used on the TT 2000 a set of Pilot Road 2's
    Cheers Jim
    Yeah mate - Round 2 !!
    Nice find bro! thanx
    My one wont actually be steam powered but will definately look really antique
    Just found this working steam powered bike. Someone built it from scratch in nz, thought it kinda had a Steampunk flavour about it
    http://magnetos.org/files/images/Steambike2.preview.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath
    It depends a little bit on your type type; but if you have a sports bike don't put any wax on the paint where your knees grip. Also don't get any wax on the bike seat. Both dangerous.
    Thanks, I think I clean mine more than I ride it at the moment, always happy to learn a thing or two
    : )
    Alright. All set for Actrix VMCC Round 2 then?
    It depends a little bit on your type type; but if you have a sports bike don't put any wax on the paint where your knees grip. Also don't get any wax on the bike seat. Both dangerous.

If your using wax, make sure nothing gets onto the brake pads and discs (or at least be careful with the brakes until you wear the product back off them).

I use a bit of kerosene on a rag for the rims if they are really dirty, but usually soapy water is fine. Some people like using Dynamo (from your supermarket, washing powder).

Personally, I don't like using anything other than soapy water to clean the bike. So many of the chemical products make something look good, and then you find they have some negative impact on using the bike. It's just not worth the risk for me.
    I definitely plan to find that out when the weather doesn't get in the way
    Good to hear the battery worked great.
    It is actually a LiFePO4 A123 battery. The LiFePO4 is short for Lithium Ferrous Polymer.
    I'm interested to find out how long that battery will last before it goes flat on your bike when you get the chance.
    Brilliant! The tank looks great to.
    An old ships light for the rear and your good to go, almost?
    Wow, came up nice.