View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fuel economy

31/12/09

Fuel used: 17.26L
    Odometer: 220 miles / 355km

Fuel warning light at 200 miles circa 16.5 litres.

Trip: Auckland to Taupo. Motorway/highway riding.

Estimated capacity: 21 Litre tank = 250 miles / 400 km approximate.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sat 2nd of 2010 : Finally riding a bike again!

Well, my most valued and esteemed reader, this marking of chronological units has resulted in yours truly, abandoning his most valued and trusted mechanical steed! The run up to New Year resulted in my family all departing to northern climes, through the hills, dales, valleys, undulations and other thoroughfares to ensconce in the lap of Omapere.

My brother had rented a lovely bach by the sea from where we could recline and recluse and generally be in the holiday spirit. Feel my frustration ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Talking with the kids about Christmas...

Mrs Fiz: What do you think Mummy bought Daddy for Christmas?
    Caitie: Beer. Cos Daddy likes beers.

Mrs Fiz: What do you think Daddy bought Mummy for Christmas?
    Caitie: Maybe a motorcycle! Or a GINORMOUS hat! Or a motorcycle.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Spain

Spain (bit belated, but getting there!)

Spain starts in Germany with skinned knees and a bag of early morning pretzels for the road. I spent my last night in Freiburg at my friend Kira’s place and rose before 5am. This early hour coupled with the excitement of bus-tram-bus-plane-train that was to come were so overwhelming that the first thing I did was fall flat on my face in the middle of the street. Turns out that taking a tramping pack and backpack perhaps wasn’t the best move ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3940.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	674.9 KB 
ID:	188661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3660.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	811.3 KB 
ID:	188663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	772.6 KB 
ID:	188664  
  5. Trrs 2009

by , 2nd January 2010 at 14:04 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    So had a few repairs to do on Rangi after being crashed during the endurance race the month before, also had to replace the righthand side footpeg hanger from being snapped from another accident (thanks for the loaner Sully) and general maintenance stuff and changing gearing for the longer track.
    So with all that done and dusted and an uneventful and slow trip to Taupo in the van, we were set for two days of racing. First day the Bucket class (with what looked like a full field) got two ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Suzuki GSX750F 1998

Quote Originally Posted by 200BUSA View Post
    Attachment 188654Attachment 188655Attachment 188656Attachment 188657Great bike, Black in colour, very smmoth reliable bike for touring. Has heated grips, soft panniers, pack rack and a tail bike to fit on carrier which adds to packrack. Reg and Wof.
    Give me 4 grand and i will supply you with a set of new Cordura jacket -pants and a pair of leather gloves.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. 2009 - The Year In Retrospect

This has been a most unusual year, it seems to have gone so fast and yet so much has happened, the weather has been pretty crappy for riding and yet I have still managed to do 25,000Kms, I seem to be just plodding along at work and yet we’ve bought out our business partner and bought a rental property….or at least the bank did!!

The highlights as far as rides go would have to be doing my first Southern Cross, but more particularly, the day Steve and I rode from Cape Reinga to Wellington ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Sat 26th : Whucking off to Whanganui to meet the KB Whanau

Well it has been a wee whiles my dear reader where I have made an entry into my daily riding log.

Forgive my trespass as an itinerant mendicant of motorisation!

After the tremulous discord that is known as Christmas, the pall of the seasons festivities had passed as a dark cloud of rain upon a lovely patch of road you are riding.

Boxing day I was free to embark on anything I cared to do after the repast of leftovers was consumed at lunch. I geared up, ...