If the unluckiness was to arise
    where I have tarmac to taste
    I only hope the added sliders
    will leave and trace
    no more than marks.

The smaller of the 2
    is being built anew
  2. Not exactly a race report but ...

So, Stevie boy fires me a text a couple of days out asking if I wanted a ride to the Cliffhanger. I was keen. I'd wanted to go this year but things conspired against me until he gave me a yell.

Friday stright after work Megan drops me off at his place and we saddle up and start heading south. The plan was to get down there, check into the motel, get a good nights sleep and turn up looking a million dollars. What actually happened was we ended up passing the Mangatainoka Brewery after ...
  3. The Chronicals of Sled:The "Big Twin" Update -Revisted-

Part 2 of 2

The finishing 180 grit grinding tool valves installed into the 'jig' head .

Finished piston, ready for installation.
  4. The Chronicals of Sled:The "Big Twin" Update -Revisted-

Part 1 of 2

Well back in the original update I alluded to the fact that there was quite a difference in weight between the old 44mm 125cc pistons and the new 47mm 142cc pistons. At the time I decided to try the lighter pistons without balancing the entire reciprocating assembly. The results were more than satisfactory with no appreciable difference in vibration.

Now that I'm back in my trade I have access to very accurate electronic scales used for colour matching ...
  5. The Chronicles of Sled: Hidden bling

In my earlier blog entry about keeping a good supply of lube I showed what happens to the cam bushes when they don't get lubricated properly. At the time I had plenty of spares that were still well within service limits so I was not too concerned about the same problem arising.

I did another set in running a cam that had slightly worn journals, I should've taken more time to measure them but as they say coulda, shoulda, woulda...

So I took a visit to the local ...
  6. Racing this time:Pictures = words x onethousand……..

I just pulled my engine apart after my brutality of Saturday sprint race.

7. Racing this time:Sully60's Battle of forever more, I mean Buckets.

Part 2.

So I fuel up the little blue FXR, use a strip of tape to change the number to 157 (did you get that Skunk Control and Rashika?) and check the tyres, hmm Vee Rubber road tyre rear, which looks like it will be fun, not! But the TZR front end looks good so this will be an interesting ride.

So I pull out onto the damp looking track towards the back of the pack on the warm up lap for the main event and give it some berries around the final turn onto the straight ...
  8. Racing this time: Sully60's Battle of forever more, I mean Buckets.

Part 1.

Right this is going to be a long story so get yourself a cuppa or a shot glass and make yourselves comfortable.

A few of you know the story of how my getting to this meeting came about but for those who don’t is was down to the generosity of many people on this site who all put in to help me get there. I’ll go into details later but I’ll just say that I’ve been humbled by the whole experience and will remember the kind spirit shown and carry it with me for a ...
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast