View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. L platers confessions

G'day KBer's So here it is the good the bad and the ugly. the true and unedited tales from an L plater, i have been riding now 1 month and have clocked a massive 2974 km's. And i haven't even left auckland yet! I find reasons to ride, letting the wind kiss my cheeks, and at times let the rain drum a gentle melody.

I should start at the beginning i suppose. I'm a cage driver of 14 or so years. My current car ( well lonely car now) is a VP SS Commodore 5 litre V8. Smooth as custard ...
    Tags: learner
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. TT2000 on a GN250 - Sunday - Day 2 of TT2000

Sunday – Day 2 of TT2000

Day two started at 5:30am. My phone alarm was piercing the silence like an ice pick. It was getting louder and louder and the whole bed was vibrating due to the silent vibration alert being on as well. Looked at the phone screen and wondered why the hell the alarm went off so damn early, then the pain from my tail bone reminded me. Day 1 already behind me with 1100kms on the GN combined with some rough south island had resulted a super painful backside. Never ...
  3. Ironman 2012

So today I entered the 2012 Ironman. $760. Just a bit more than a bike rego. Not my first one, but 10 years have passed since my last one.

I think I'll use this place as a training diary. I'm on here every day, and it's pretty easy to update.

Today, I am 97kg, mid-fit - i can spend 60 mins on the erg, kayak 10k, run 10k or bike 30k if I have to. Have a strained Soleus (calf), but apart from that are all good.

Just had my last pig-out feed
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Early Starts

Two rides this weekend and two early starts, firstly carrying a Marshal for the bike leg of the Wellington Triathlon, then the club ride today was a Dawn Ride to Castlepoint.

Oddly enough, I haven’t been inspired to do much riding over the past couple of weeks, since the TT. It even took a week and a half to get around to cleaning the bike and that was only because of the rides this weekend, but it was great to get out.

A group of us have been riding for the Wgtn Tri ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. juice471

Hi, From longtime oldfart
    rider , new to forum thingies. Latest bike is a Honda ST1300 2007. Previous bikes, 1995 BMW
    R1100R, 2003 BMW RT1150
    Suzuki Intruder 1400 Trike 2003 ST 1300.
    Now on 2nd ST1300, Last one ended up firmly wedged into side of car
    that didnt know what a stop sign really meant,
    Lucky to escape with black nuts and broken ribs. Cheers Ridesafe and feel the wind..
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Oil for 2007 Bonneville

Hi

I have had my 2007 Bonneville for a about a month, and I need to service the bike and change the oil, filter and plugs. I would normally approach street and sport in CHCH and buy from them, but they are not operational at this time.

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on the best place to purchase the Oil, filter and plugs from in CHCH or surrounding areas.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Cheers
    Lee
  7. First post of the blog.

8. TT2000 on a GN250 - Saturday - Day 1 of TT2000

Saturday – Day 1 of TT2000

Beep, beep, beep – 4:30 and the alarm was going. It didn't take long for the Gremlin and I to get packed up and jump on the bike this time. We were both excited about the two days ahead. Went to the Gas station and Mr. Gremlin proceeded to fill up his fuel tanker while I was busy lubricating the chain on the GN. There were already a bunch of TT riders at the gassy and I could see that the GN had already sparked interest amongst some of them and was seeing ...