View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver

I was filtering between two lanes of stationary traffic today, at a red light. There was a light truck in the right lane, positioned all the way to the left of his lane. As I got closer I realised there was no way I was going to be able to get my mirror past his mirror, so I was going to be stuck between lanes when the lights changed.

But as I came up beside the truck, the driver saw the problem. Next thing I know his mirror was making a whirring sound and folding forward out ...
  2. Kiwibiker, how do I love you?

In a multitude of ways it seems.

The Good: The flood of offers to help fix up the Kwaka after my spill. Lots of guys all wanting to help out, lots of advice on dealing with insurance companies and the like. I'm not one of those cynical twats who thinks that it's by virtue of my feminine nature that's made people want to help out, I am genuinely thrilled at how people here are so keen on bikes and getting people on them

The Bad: I'm not sure how it's gone on here ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. to Albania - day 4 part 2 - Albania!

We start heading down the mountain that took us so long to climb, enjoying the view but also being very very wary of the steep edge. That is not the side I want to fall down, as I will not be coming back up!

The mountain is steep, and we are (well, at least I am) tired, and hungry! Soon, we reach the very small town of Thethi. We meet some fellow Czech motorcyclists who are ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Chronicles of Sled: Hidden bling

In my earlier blog entry about keeping a good supply of lube I showed what happens to the cam bushes when they don't get lubricated properly. At the time I had plenty of spares that were still well within service limits so I was not too concerned about the same problem arising.

I did another set in running a cam that had slightly worn journals, I should've taken more time to measure them but as they say coulda, shoulda, woulda...

So I took a visit to the local ...
  5. Manawatu Thursday/Friday night easy rides.

Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    course they do, but he's at the back

blue at the front of course.....
    green at the back where it belongs...lol
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Living with a GSXR1000

Living with a GSXR1000 (aka, the crack addiction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It starts out innocently enough, you promise yourself that, today, for once, you're just going to take it a little easy. This is analagous to a crack addict promising just one small hit...

Living with a fast bike (GSXR1000), and why you should buy (or not buy).

I'm going to put aside all the macho stuff, the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Slow learner

Swingers in disguise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to renegade master adding his 2 cents, I thought I'd add this little opener - read this as a giggle not a cry.,

I’m having more of those moments. The ones where you get off the bike and think, “oh shit”. At what point do you hand the keys of your litre sports bike to someone better equipped to live with madness. Where is the line, and how ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Setting Chinese relations back

Setting China/NZ relations back a decade or two...

I'm no racist, but it seems to me that there are alot of people of Asian descent that want to kill me on my scoot.

There's this cultural thing for Asians. Only really poor people ride motorcycles, therefore they have to yeild to the car people. And peasants ride bicycles. I ride bikes and motorcycles, so I get close calls ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized