Blog Comments

That's a gnarly layout.
    Mind if I post the vid in the Gymkhana thread on ADVrider?
    Good effort. I'd struggle to do some of those turns in as small a radius on my 250 Looks like it was a cracker day for it too
    haha I just stumbled upon this somehow. If any of you people doubting had met 'Lyle' you'd know he is someone who is, to put it nicely, in the wrong profession (although I've heard he's gone now?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    What a great adventure . Greetings from another Coromandel resident - you're missing some good fishing

Yes I hear it has been good on the Coromandel side and my mates have been over there burglaring.
    What a great adventure . Greetings from another Coromandel resident - you're missing some good fishing
    haha nice wee write up man. My cousin is over that way at the moment and is also loving it. Enjoy the rest of the trip!
    What a neat time. The rough sections of road simply add to the experience. Keep the reports coming.
    Here's a few things I've been taught:

• Make up your mind and commit - you need to be decisive. Slight hesitation can cost you seconds of precious braking, speeding up or swerving time.
    • Awareness of surroundings: I regularly check my mirrors because I need to know my escape routes.

Also, I always cover my brakes while commuting
    sounds to me like you are having fun plum
    And I forgot the biggest one:

STAY OUT OF PEOPLES BLIND SPOTS!!

The road code has a few good pointers one of them being "Speed up or slow down to get out of dangerous situations" and one of those is blind spots.

Thanks for all the great comments!!!
    Can't think of anything I don't agree with there.

Point 5 an 6 I feel should just be common knowledge and general courtesy, But so often it isn't the case.

Hopefully this will help some people out and get all us road users working more efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by reemit
    Smart advice that.
    Splitting - also keep an eye on the alignment of the cages ahead of you sliding in and out. The biggest issue I have is the psychopathic gap shrinkers at about two cages ahead. You can normally spot them early if you're onto it. I always acknowledge the gap expanders with a wave.
    Yes ditto that, if you just give a friendly wave (if you can), then it's the old winning hearts and minds thing
    Smart advice that.
    Splitting - also keep an eye on the alignment of the cages ahead of you sliding in and out. The biggest issue I have is the psychopathic gap shrinkers at about two cages ahead. You can normally spot them early if you're onto it. I always acknowledge the gap expanders with a wave.
    This is very good. Excellent Juniper!

One for the list - pretend that EVERYONE wants to KILL you!
    أحسنت
    I like. From my experiences riding everyday for the most part of this year it's pretty much spot on. Just don't be a cunt (unless it's a good cunt) and assume that everyone hasn't seen you
    No idea how it got into Pocket Bikes?!
    I look forward to hearing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by strumpet
    Awesome blog. Realy enjoyed it - thanks for sharing. How's ya bum - numb, I bet!!!

Numb bum? nah the scooter seat is no worse than any motorbike I've owned, and infact, better than most. Plus which, with re fueling every 120k or so, and stopping to take photos etc,I dont stay seated for any long spells.
    Awesome blog. Realy enjoyed it - thanks for sharing. How's ya bum - numb, I bet!!!
    Updated 17th November 2013 at 20:04 by strumpet (Spelling)