Blog Comments

Yep, the current president of the SMC has a 600cc and a scooter commuter. It's not a bad idea, what with ACC levies what they are atm!
    Some may be reluctant to own up, but a lot of people with big bikes also have a moped or scooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST?
    more!? accessories?
    Courtesy of another place I was told about, ExcelCycleWerkes, while in the states. New brackets to replace some quick ones for one of the sets of spots, some flaps for in front of the foot pegs (keep your feet warmer and drier), o-ring kit to make the grips larger and also exhaust extensions (left pannier gets a bit hot at the rear end).

Should actually sit down and write that blog... plus the GC one. Lights were awesome... no night time riding for me
    Good write up mate. I recently traversed the Gentle Annie and loved how different the road is at different points.
    Now that sounds like a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST?
    more!? accessories?
    Lights and more lights. All the night clubs in Havelock North had nothing on the 1200GS as he rode past into the (2011GC Havelock North) check point at midnight.
    So what's next?
    How about a world trip on a bike busking with your guitar?
    Fastchk and the feds.
    We still talk of the car towing incident.
    Glad you are having fun....they say it's never too late
    Lets face it generally cops do a good job (if youve been in a country under military rule ..then cops are awesome)
    I wouldnt want to be one cos they have to put up with so much shit (& abuse)
    However when dealing with motorcyclists they are usually a buch of A***holes. (with a few exceptions)
    Booking bikers for wheelies saying they are not in control...........do they not know the control required to"pull a 160+ minger" etc etc.
    Personally have found they are easily lost if on the open road........ not as persistant as UK cops with plenty of back up & those bloody helicopters. But not so easy if they manage to corner you n a busy street. BUGGAR
    As you were..............
    Akaroa got my attention. Shame to have missed the thread discussed here. I was at Bullys and saw your group pull up and leave again later on, also had my bike parked on the gravel next to the sea wall as always - and will no doubt be in your photo, which I and others also saw being taken. So I hope there is no issue with parking there, I can't see why as long as the footpaths are clear.

A lot of people like to walk along and take a look at the bikes when they are parked up there, and you often get accosted by interested pedestrians asking what the bikes are etc as you come and go.

It is quite a drop off the curb along there and I also usually go slowly along the path then off on the low point a bit further along. To ping riders for doing that, slowly and safely would be a bit shameful.

Hopefully that is the end of it, will find out next time I'm there....
    To me it just sounds like some bad blood between two Alpha males who wont step down. The story is just symantics. Dude, I have parked there many times and done the trip many times. I have never had any trouble with the fuzz. Maybe it's all in the attitude?
    more!? accessories?
    Big ups to you for balancing out the story. Shame the initial thread was removed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad
    umm.......from memory when quizzed about the ticket being $100 im pretty sure you stated it was for parking in an unauthorised area or something to that effect............you also from memory made some comment about cops catchin more flys with honey than vinager.........do as i say not as i do eh........everyone knows swearin at a cop aint gonna end well for you...........how many times did Lyle swear at you...........may i suggest swallowing a big handfull of evening primrose oil capsules next time before you go for a ride...........
    I didnt actually reply to the question that was asked about how much the ticket was - my friend who had let me use her FB page texted me and asked me how much my ticket was for - So i told her... i didnt realise she was replying to a question that had been asked. A police officer is just a human being like the rest of us - I will treat him/her with the same respect they afford me. Interesting to me that all these gossipy men on their cruisers (it would seem) that are so un-interested in this subject - have all taken the time to read the rather long blog and THEN they took even more time out of their precious life to comment on it. LMAO "Tosspotcop" wasn't a member until his buddy on this forum advised him of the posting - he claims to have ridden in the past.....(tui billboard coming on here lol) I do find it interesting that the people all bagging me on this blog seem to have an opinion on numerous blogs.....it would appear they are all self appointed experts on all subjects purely on account of how long they spend talking about bikes. on this site... the reason I've only posted on this site a few times is because I spend more time riding my bike rather than just talking about riding my bike on some website....... Safe riding to one and all - hopefully by me making it public about the threat to ticket motorcyclists in akaroa "tosspotcops" VERY public denial of this will actually make it impossible for himn to carry through on what he threatened - he might look like a bit of an ass now if he does actually ticket one of you huh...... You can all thank me later lol xxx
    When retards go bad.
    Cheers for sorting it out.
    I believe you got pinged for riding an un-redgested bike and not as you said parking on the footpath. Then used KB to try to drum up support for a lie and drop the cop in trouble.

Tospotcop 1, Drama queen 0 .

Great thread while it lasted pity it was a load of crap.
    for riding on the footpath fair enough bkes are meant to be on the road
    and im sure with you spouting all that crap your fukin lucky just to get that
    if the copper was /is a member of this forum and he rides he obviously thought your riding on the footpath was well stupid
    so shut up pay the fine LEARN from it and move on
    O for fookin awesome!
Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast