View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 3 months later .....

It’s been a while since I posted any progress (3 months) – mainly due to there being very little! I appear to have been always ‘busy’ and away from the garage lately. Some shed time last weekend moved things along more.

I’ve had a set of brackets welded into the inner or the cone allowing me to drill and tap them so the end caps may be bolted in from the rear. I then bent and welded a bit of 5mm steel rod to the end cap forming a neat seal with the front cone, plus this will act ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe 1a.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	551.2 KB 
ID:	188601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe core.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	458.3 KB 
ID:	188602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe cap.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	188603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe end.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	406.8 KB 
ID:	188604  
  2. And I survived the to the 4th mark

Tomorrow I am 40.

Its a milestone alright, but even more so that I get to represent thousands of the finest people on the face of the globe

Despite the shit we toss at each other on this and other websites the biker community I have come to know here in Wellington and somewhat further afar is genuinely a great bunch of people

Such a great bunch its worth spending the day helping people park, find resources and utilities, access for disabled or older riders, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Young guns - West boys

Hey I didn't get your names but as promised I've put the pics up of your group from the ACC protest ride last Tues. A good bunch of young fellas, it was neat that you guys were involved and dab handy at slow riding with the traffic.
    See you around the roads of Scenic Drive and beyond........invest in some 'safety gear'.

Name:	westside.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	188599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waiting.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	188600  
  4. ACC Levies

We shouldn't stop putting the message out there,lets show them all the time.Let everyone know we are not going to be fobbed off.Lets be a pain in the butt.Keep emailing politician's continiously,until they bend.Ask for answers to specific questions so they have to think about an answer to reply with.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Unjustifiable the best weekend yet!

Watching 350 odd bikes ride up tot he domain, then some awesome speeches to rally the bikers... (and they were)... to riding home via Mission Bay... and then back out again to Puhoi for the night, and a ride sunday on a different bike... easy 100km windy loop, and back to the Puhoi Pub! Only 1 car seemed out of sorts at my lack of riding at full speed around the shit bends after Wellsford, he could have waved thanks for letting him pass or he could have been irritated all the same... he got past, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yesterday

The Greymouth ACC levy protest saw over 100 bikes turn up. I missed out on riding in with the guys from Hoki as they went past before I expected them. I was in plenty of time to meet up at Mobil though, and was pleased to see a good number of bikes there. We rode through town in a semi orderly two abreast line with the odd car or three that somehow got included. Local police thankfully made sure traffic stopped to let us through intersections in one column.
    The sound of all those bikes together ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. draggin jeans

hey out there fellow bikers.
    has anyone brought draggin jeans only to find all the stiching start to come undone in all the important areas like zips and shit,
    imean go the kevlar but you think these fucking aussie's would at least keep there product in one piece especially with the price you pay for them. well thats my rant. cheers
  8. ACC AKL protest ride Tues 10 Nov09

Given the small number that participated it went ahead with only 25 bikes in total making their way to the Kumeu Electoral office of Mr Key. Disappointing I know!! Yes it would have been great to see more riders but mind you... it only took 4, yes 4 bikes to actually slow down and in some places STOP the north western motorway traffic. This group managed to 'lead' the two lanes of traffic from Te Atatu to Westgate at 35-45kph then continued through to Kumeu at 50-55kph with traffic in tow. So ...

Name:	Parked up on Te Atatu motorway over bridge.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	188593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West group.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	188594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protest group bikes.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	188595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protest group.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	188596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JKs electoral office.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	188597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikes 2.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	188598