View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Progress update

Expert and others are correct about the polarity of the pickups. I have fixed that issue. The pickups are now at 90° and it works. I'm working on the final design backplate now and mounting the triggers so they adjust as a pair (the software for the CDI allows for any other changes to the timing to be made).
    I had intended to race it at the Taupo Road Race Spectacular but a lack of money has forced me to withdraw my entry. That also means not much is happening on the project as funds have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. National grief: Show of support for our mates on the Coast

Hi everybody. I'm a new member to the KB forums. I have been a closet member for sometime and often refer to KB to find out 'what's goin' on'. Firstly, my appreciation of what KB does and the opportunity it gives us all to communicate directly with others who share the passion.

I live in sunny Nelson and ride a Triumph Trophy. (never too many sunny days...)

Today, the 24th of November is a sad day for every New Zealander with the news of a second explosion at the Pike ...
  3. Dec.12th Poker Run

This poker run is being held by alocal West Auckland Tavern raising money for prostate cancer. We are not directly attached to any M.C. all bikes and all bikers welcome.We have a fantastic blues band from Palmy nth playing and entry fee includes a barbeque after prize giving. Hope to see as many as we can on the day.Lets help make someones xmas just a little bit better.
    Check out the calander for details.
    Call Bryan 021919351 for any info
  4. Race exhuast is here

The race exhaust turned up today. I was like a kid on christmas day opening it. It's so small and light in comparison to what I'm used to fitting. All I could keep saying to my wife was, "It's so cute."

As soon as I had demolished my dinner I was in the garage fitting it to the bike. And WOW the noise was unreal. it's very well made, snaking up through the swing arm next to the rear shock and then up to the exhaust hanging mounting point on the frame. Where the muffler/expansion chamber ...
  5. Hooked on Buckets?

I’ve got to be honest, I am getting quite hooked on the idea of Bucket racing!

I will be heading out to the non championship round at Mt Wellington on 18/19 of December to have a look and maybe even have a go if I can source all the required gear in time. (Cheers Henk!)

What lead to this decision? Well a workmate and I were tossing the idea around at lunch and it got me thinking. . . The roads are too dangerous to try and get any real excitement and adrenaline out ...
  6. Regular weekend rides

I'm probably going to getting out to Hampton downs this Sunday if any one else is interested. That will wipe out those tyres ready and I can get some new ones for the 13th
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Botany Honda Ride to Waingaro

Saturday 20th November is the third Saturday of the month, and accordingly, Botany Honda’s monthly ride. Pitching up at 1445, not a rider to be seen. A quick check with Richard and it appears it’s him and I. In that case, he can wait, so I head over to the gas station to get some gas.
    Upon returning, there is now a big group of bikes waiting… excellent, the trick of leaving and them thinking it’s safe has worked. The plan would be perfect if I was leading them to their demise, but alas, that’s ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00043.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	224105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00044.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	224106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00045.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	224107  
  8. The development of ZENSEN continued

It is finally happening to come together. I had a play with the fuel mapping today setting it up as recommended from a friendly member at another website.

i also had a play with the gear changer again. one of the connecting bolts was too long, allowing for too much movement. When changing gears so when changing down to first gear (which involves a fraction more movement than when changing down to other gears) there had been too much movement, stopping the gear change. I need to get ...