View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. GN 250 - loosing end of muffler again

The end keeps coming off my pipe !!!
    Sure sounds bigger than it is now :-(
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Bought bike with a disk riveted onto end of muffler, re-riveted it couple of weekend ago, lost it on motorway, guy making new one for me and will try bolting on... Ideas please :-))
  2. MotoTT Taupo Trackday - Saturday 13th April 2013 - Newbie Trackday Footage on GN250

I went to Taupo on the weekend just been for a track day here is sessions 1. Unfortunately the blog won't let me embed any more video's so here are the rest: http://www.youtube.com/user/xbiggestbossx?feature=watch . It's just a bit of fun really and I'm not particularly good at following lines, downshifting (when going that fast!), and generally just riding a motorbike in general lol. I fitted the Go Pro to the side reflector on my bike which seemed to be a really good location. It picked up the ...
  3. AMCC Round 5 @ Hampton Downs

What a great way to end an excellent summer full of riding.

Thursday evening was the last of the Honda Twilight Ride Days. It's only 3 sessions but it's also really cheap.

Early on Thursday it was looking extremely dodgy with steady rain until about 10:00am, with light rain until about 1:00pm and then the sky cleared. By 4:30pm the roads were bone dry and perfectly clean. It was warming up so the track was ...
  4. Waikato Scooter rides.

Finished looking around the classic car show at the Te A racecourse by 11.30, so decided to take the scooter for a run. I took the back road through to Otorohanga, skirted around the township and headed up the Waitomo valley road. Lots of tight corners, a few short strips of re sealing gravel. The country south of Oto certainly needs a lot of rain.

At Waitomo it was left then right into Fullerton road. Thankfully the two tourists cars in front of me were turning off just a few k's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Touring GN250

So nerrrd inspired me to start thinking about possibly camping when I go on my trips. It's hard trying to plan trips around where I can stay for free! Tent etc gives you more freedom, well that's the plan anyway...

I'd been using a bag I got for free from the gym I used to go to. It's been helpful for my trips thusfar but no good for when it starts raining.

So anyway I got this bag: http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/packs-and....html?___SID=U ...
  6. I bought a tent, now what?

So last weekend I decided to supplement my reading about other people's motorcycle touring trips and have a go at a short trip of my own.

I've always liked the 'idea' of camping, and managed to buy a tent and self inflating mattress on special on Saturday, took a look at the map and decided it was a relatively straight run to Napier from Auckland.

Wasn't sure I was actually going until Sunday morning when I headed south with a minimum of planning. Here's some observations ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. playing with ideas

well lets see what comments i get from this one . i wanted to know what it was like to ride a trike and after 35 years riding bikes around was told would hate or not be able too but with kneels starting to go thought would have a play . god damnit its not too bad aye wish was certified weilder know .
    thats life for ya lol.
  8. Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA)

OK, so, we're all into motorbikes, right? And we're (at least some of us) tough mofos, yes?

And NZ has terrifying child abuse stats, correct?

So, READ THIS. RIGHT NOW.

Please. Maybe we can all do something to help...

http://mymotocyclette.tumblr.com/post/46984004048