Blog Comments

I realy enjoyed that read Grems. Thank goodness for buffer times

I did note though that you depersonalised Jessica, calling her "the bike", when talking of planting her on the ground.
    Whew!!.....We made it! ........Next time we'll leave earlier!.....and pack the seat thingy in the pannier from Auckland!........and leave earlier!........and ride betterer over the Takaka Hill!....and leave earlier!

I'd probably be jealous now if I wasn't so worn out.....*sigh*!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    Travelling the South Island is well worth it, I'm the midst of my 5th trip I think, in about as many years, and currently I'm going down for 1-2 weeks every year. I prefer to bite a little bit off each year and leave plenty to go back for another year, rather than nail it all in a few weeks then have nothing.

There are so many good roads, and don't forget all the unsealed options as well, as that's really the best scenery you will find. You'll see in subsequent blogs that after the TT2000 we ride Lees Valley, Rainbow and Molesworth this time and there is still plenty left to do.

It depends how much you like riding, but Auckland-Wellington is only a day's riding for us, then add a ferry trip and you're exploring the South Island already. If you go back through my blogs you'll see the previous trips down there as well, which may give you some ideas of where you want to go.
    Yea i could easily get to Wellington in a day with a couple stops, but the south is what im really looking foward to. it would almost be a warm up ride to the best stuff
    Ahh the joys of the open road, its that time constraint that makes it a bit of a mission! Glad to see all the research and effort into getting your equipment is paying off!

When you mention some of those roads and locations, it fair makes me nostalgic for them ... bloody magic riding those roads! (though, you have found the adventure section well!)
    These blogs are a contrast in attitude and styles! Good stuff! Very funny reading both sides of the same stories!
    Sorry I didn't follow you guys through Hakataramea after all - all of the rain and the idea of several fords on my big wobbly touring bike after all that water was just too intimindating in the end. I really had to push for the rest of the ride to make up the points I missed there!

DRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Forklift Driver
    Previously I had taken a time out to visit the Omaka WW1 Air Museum. For a war histroy nut like me this museum was just fantastic. To only spend 1 1/2 hours there was rushing it for me.
    Next time your passing through Blenheim take some time out to visit this hidden gem.
    F.D, Yes I can understand that, as I spent several hours visiting the air ship museum at Tillamook in the USA last year... amazing how many hours can pass, and I'm not even that passionate about war history.
    Gremlin,
    I saw you and Toto ride past the Tearooms in Murchison, just as I was about to leave. Previously I had taken a time out to visit the Omaka WW1 Air Museum. For a war histroy nut like me this museum was just fantastic. To only spend 1 1/2 hours there was rushing it for me.
    Next time your passing through Blenheim take some time out to visit this hidden gem.

F.D.
    Travelling the South Island is well worth it, I'm the midst of my 5th trip I think, in about as many years, and currently I'm going down for 1-2 weeks every year. I prefer to bite a little bit off each year and leave plenty to go back for another year, rather than nail it all in a few weeks then have nothing.

There are so many good roads, and don't forget all the unsealed options as well, as that's really the best scenery you will find. You'll see in subsequent blogs that after the TT2000 we ride Lees Valley, Rainbow and Molesworth this time and there is still plenty left to do.

It depends how much you like riding, but Auckland-Wellington is only a day's riding for us, then add a ferry trip and you're exploring the South Island already. If you go back through my blogs you'll see the previous trips down there as well, which may give you some ideas of where you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313
    Always good to reacquaint yourself with your nemesis! I think you two have travelled so long with each other now, you're suffering from automatic cabin fever ...
    I reckon we actually travel really well together, having similar attitudes re food, sleep, riding, etc. Always makes a trip easier when you want to do the same thing...

Enjoyed the read
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313
    And yet, as I have said in your travel Americas blog, where the eff'n feck is the blardy photos of aforesaid girlies?
    You have to be on ride to see them! What goes on tour stays on tour! Ask Toto, even as an Ex-European, we've seen some real hotties. I even said Hey to the asian girlie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharry
    That's a realy cool road eh.
    I want to go to the South Island one day, planned it once anbd didnt make it. It would be so much more fun with a good mate.

Have you seen TOTO and Gremlins blogs of the TT21000 and their south Island tour?
    Yea was just reading those, very cool
    That's a realy cool road eh.
    I want to go to the South Island one day, planned it once anbd didnt make it. It would be so much more fun with a good mate.

Have you seen TOTO and Gremlins blogs of the TT21000 and their south Island tour?
    What a shame you didn't get the chopper ride..... helicopters are so cool to ride in
    Fun, fun, fun :-))
    Great to have caught up with EJ... he would have so loved seeing some of the old crew
    I'm coming back as a boy in my next life
    Always good to reacquaint yourself with your nemesis! I think you two have travelled so long with each other now, you're suffering from automatic cabin fever ...

Wish I was there doing my facepalm reactions at your antics!
    And yet, as I have said in your travel Americas blog, where the eff'n feck is the blardy photos of aforesaid girlies?

Slow learner ...
    Ahh the miserable conditions, the riding, the amount of confusion .. business as usual! Funny how Gremlin has got all the clobber, but then decides not to use them until the last moment when it would have been more beneficial ages ago!

Having some good adventures, boy, sucks to be missing it!
    Hmmmm.....cold, wet, slippery.......Nah, still not jealous!!.......yet!
    We'll catch up on Friday then. Still, you're out and about and riding, so that's what's important

Oh... and some of us started the 2012 riding year in early January
Page 41 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast