Blog Comments

wow sounds like you all had an awesome time, im jealous
    Great read - I did my trip last year by myself... sounds like group dynamics are challenging sometimes ;-) it was great that you guys were able to do the group thing AND do your own thing too. Cheers mate, see you round.
    Well done Rob. Excellent Blog. And yes, we will do more of it.
    Thanks to you and Helen for your company also. Good memories far outweigh the bad.
    A trip like that you find out who your real friends are.
    I wont be doing the 'Blog' thing as you have covered it all very well.
    Thanks again 'Jimmy'
    I am just jealous I couldn't afford to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerkampfwagen VI
    Hello

so where can I get xenon bulbs for my bike then ??
    You're after a newer halogen to replace an older non-halogen, right? ... Guess it then really depends on your OEM bulb "style", whether it was halogen from original, or you can get a drop-in halogen AND if they're available here in NZ. (How old is the XT? - started out with a XT250 here.)

Start with the manual, I'd say, and see if it refers to a bulb ID/type - H4, H1, something else. Maybe get the bulb out so you can take it into somewhere like Repco or SCA and have a see if anything matches - ideally on the bulb ID, but have a look at the bases, connectors & filament placements too; if you think one will fit, buy the cheapest as a spare/test; don't suggest you go up in wattage either on a bike like the XT (where the headlight is driven off a dedicated generator winding IIRC).

If you can't get a fit, have a chat with the Yamaha dealer or a local bike spares shop; if they can't help, find the bulb ID off your current bulb or manual & try a search on Ebay?

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish
    I think some of it looks to complex probably to many layers (if that makes sense)
    But then if its not complicated enough it could keep bouncing after a bump
    but they also had a bicycle look about them too
    Hey, nice find & food for thought!
    I wanna do a really unusuall ,but fully functional ,front end
    I know where theres small trailer leaf springs & shackles etc.......
    Hello

so where can I get xenon bulbs for my bike then ??
    I found this site http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible_bikes.html
    I think some of it looks to complex probably to many layers (if that makes sense)
    But then if its not complicated enough it could keep bouncing after a bump.

but they also had a bicycle look about them too
    some Indians actually had leaf sprung girders back in the day......Hmmmmm thats got me thinking......
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha
    I baggsy a shot Shane
    There's a fair queue lining up behind this bike for a ride eh. Interest is high. But you're welcome to have a go. No crashing though!!
    Hey thanx for that, will definetly have a look at that website!
    So so totally get a set of leaf springs welded up to be the front forks. Would not be great in terms of suspension but would look awesome
    Coromandel Town has some wonderful accomodation from cabins on a camping ground just north of the town centre through to Anchor Lodge just south of the centre. There are also some lovely private cabins just north of the centre (Celadon). Have a look at this for starters: http://www.coromandeltown.co.nz/ but if you want more info on what to see and do round the Peninsula, just PM me. Nothing like local knowledge!

Cheers,

Geoff
    give the carb a bloody good clean. and blow out the jets. im not a bucket racer but ive been playing eith an ax100 for the last 6 months and untill i blew out the jet it the carb it run like a dunga. but a few weeks ago i got hold of a mates compressor and now my ax100 goes like a bat out hell. so yea. umm pm skunk. he helped me out quite a bit and he races.
    while it is summer maybe go for a cruise once the kids are in bed and it is still light....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123
    Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    There were other items they failed to adjust etc if you read the earlier posts... In short I have no trust in their workmanship
    Must be something we haven't been told. Did you end up with a defect on the bike (warped brake disc etc) that took them ages to fix?

It happened to my brother with his Raptor and Street and Sport in CHCH. From what he's said I'd never buy a bike from them!
    Yea ,why ,I'd be up it like a robbers dog its a big job for free?
    Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    I baggsy a shot Shane