Blog Comments

I may be able to help ya. I sent you a PM.
    You are going to have to visit this area again.It appears you missed so much good stuff.
    Severe masochistic tendencies...
    Vegas sure is a fun town. Can be very cheap, can be very expensive... reminds me of a cartoon a friend had. Naked man walking past a sign pointing to 'Las Vegas' - little dark cloud over his head - sad expression on his face - declaring "I shall return!"
    Don't be so hard on him. He has provided so much entertainment and illumination to the readers on subjects such as :
    -what not to buy - stuff that breaks down
    - when not to go ride a motorbike through the USA - height of Summer! you have to be some sort of masochist to do that.
    -what time of day to get out of bed and on the road - before the heat of the day fries brains, electrics, gearboxes etc.

On top of this he entertains us with humourous anecdotes revealing his idiosyncratic views of life and reality. Taking his 2 wheeled camper van off-road had me smiling.
    Keep it coming Gremlin - Great read.
    Yes it was a good day. Steve's first real outing on the XT600 I think and he really enjoyed the pootle over the Admiral Range Road. I had to work a bit harder on the GS but it was a good blast. Rick and I were going to ride together back to Karori but I hit a couple of traffic lights nicely and got well up ahead.
    Not often that the weather forecast is proved wrong but this was a goodie.
    Trademe parts
    and try contacting some bike wreckers

Best of luck with the modding

annnnnd.... Welcome to KB.
    And forks and tank too? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by shrub
    I remember when bucket racing was based on shitty old commuters with stock engine maybe hotted up and everything that wasn't essential removed and you could race competitively for a few hundred bucks. It's much faster and more competive, and people take bucket racing really seriously these days, but I kind of miss the idea of them being cheap and minimalistic and only built for a laugh.
    I can see both sides there but costs for everything have gone up. Has anyone priced a good competitive race bike for any other class lately buckets are still cheap and the rules allow for the most freedom in design. Everything else to too restrictive.
    I can't say i agree with the GP bike frames but if you can't beat them join them or in my case If you can't find one cheap enough. Build something even better with Carbon Fibre.
    ahh yes I seen you guys heading north on ya journey your rather easy to spot KoroJ great wee write up too
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    I had to zoom that last photo to see what the second bike with the odd-shaped tank was.
    Mmmm....CB650 got along alright. The Yammy Scooter was no slug either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    The Claytons Bandit has a shit low beam. Exiting the roadworks into a smeary righthander, I had no idea where the road went or what was on it. I'm stumped if anything can be done about it. It's that bike's only real fault. Maybe I should write Mr Suzuki a letter?
    In my experience of mates bikes, Suzuki headlights are generally outstanding. First option to upgrade is to find out what bulbs it uses, and use uprated ones (Hella +50/90% etc). Bear in mind they don't last as long and usually blow at really bad times (09 GC, 11.30pm lost low beam, another ride, blew both filaments around Kaitaia, with no spares, at night).

If that doesn't work out, then extra lights are probably your only other option, unless you go for the somewhat naughty HID retrofit.
    I had to zoom that last photo to see what the second bike with the odd-shaped tank was.
    Sounds disturbingly similar to a ride we did on Saturday. We stopped in Greytown so Mrs H could get her sunglasses off.

The hill was exciting, particularly the roadworks. The Claytons Bandit has a shit low beam. Exiting the roadworks into a smeary righthander, I had no idea where the road went or what was on it. I'm stumped if anything can be done about it. It's that bike's only real fault. Maybe I should write Mr Suzuki a letter?
    Perhaps it should be "yoohs" to fit with "poohs"? Glad you had a nice day. Thanks for the compassionate encouragement.
    Shame about the deal falling through man. You'll have to get a Connie after all...
    Thanks for Reminding me Kennif!.....You're a real gem!

Next blog refers.
    So jealous about the Gentle Annie, but you'll be making the C1KC ride go over it, which I should be attending, but I'll confirm later, once everything falls into place.
    You didn't buy one of those nasty BLACK ones did you Koro?
    Your opinion of this place is very interesting to me. Sometimes we all forget to see what is right in front of our own eyes.