View RSS Feed

steelphoenix

1. First Big Ride - Tauranga to Auckland

So, heading back to Auckland from Tauranga.

Started off about 2:30pm, with the weather looking more promising than yesterday! It'd been lightly showering in the morning, with long periods of sun, so I was hoping it would stay that way - it didn't, more on that later.

I decided that I'd do the straight shot up State Highway 2, then State Highway 1. Nothing to it! says I, everyone will be going at a reasonable speed, I won't get lost, and I get to brave the Karangahake... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First Big Ride - Auckland to Tauranga

So... First big ride today! I came down to Tauranga to visit my parents, planning on heading back up tomorrow.

Started pretty early, around 8am (would have been later, but I woke up at 7 and couldn't get back to sleep). Unlike the weather forecast had predicted, it was cloudy and spitting lightly. After a hearty breakfast, I put on all my thermals and rain gear (remembering Toto, galewolf, and Gremlin's advice), and off down the Southern Motorway!

The ride was fairly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Beginning

I have a new bike!

I picked her up from Botany Honda today. She's a 1990 Honda CBR 250 RR (MC-22 L), and has been named Kotaka (Little Hawk).

I was bouncing all morning, just waiting for the call. My flatmates got annoyed at this about halfway through the morning, and I was firmly but kindly told to sit down before I was tied down - oops...

Anyhow, got driven out to Botany and sat down to do the final details with Richard. After the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized