Places to spend moeny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Mom
    Mom
    OMG!

The Portaloo's

Condition of Stadium use, we provide toilets at the entry to the designated parking area
    1 per 1,000 expected and (no shit) Police Intellegence indicates numbers of 6000 +

6 Bogs required minimum, looks like we have something to raise money for

I think Police intelligence is wrong, there will be MORE!
  2. Mom
    Mom
    Imagine raising money to pay for toilets
  3. klingon
    klingon
    BOGS ON BIKES!

Mom do you have any idea how much money will be needed for the portaloos? I will check out other threads as I'm sure the info is there somewhere... will also need to talk to MadDuck about how much money is in the account.
  4. Mom
    Mom
    I have asked StoneY, no doubt when the poor bugger stops to draw some breath he will let me know Man is he ever working hard for this.
  5. Mom
    Mom
    This just in

Its 120$ for the bogs, delivered and picked up on the day
  6. klingon
    klingon
    StoneY seems to be doing an amazing job of securing sponsorship - he has 4 of the 6 bogs sponsored already! I have taken the liberty of telling him that the Scary Bikers sewing Circle will sponsor one if he needs us to on the day.

I hope he will find two more sponsors (I'm confident he will) but at least he will know we're backing him up if needed.

Sorry to have taken this decision without consulting the rest of the group, but I think this is just the kind of unexpected thing that we are fund rasing for.

Perhaps those who attend the Sewing Circle tomorrow night can have a chat about the kinds of things we would (and would not?) like to support with our fund raising.
  7. Mom
    Mom
    Happy to pay for a bog
  8. DMCD
    DMCD
    Well I'm selling my spare unused track gear which will pay for the trip down and the rest will go to the SBSC, so that should (by my estimate) be able to pay for at least 1 loo.
  9. klingon
    klingon
    Aaawww DMCD you're a legend!
  10. Mom
    Mom
    I have a request for some financial assistance. We have our big ride on Saturday that finishes up at the Museum. I have managed to get Phil Goff along to speak as well as Les So there will be some speechifying. It is shaping up to be a bit of a crowd attending too and I am thinking we might well need a small PA system for at the end. I am going to get someone to make a couple of calls re cost of hire if I cant get one on loan. Would the SBSC be prepared to fund the cost of hireage of the PA system if I end up having to pay? Please, pretty please
  11. DMCD
    DMCD
    I support this.
  12. Hanne
    Hanne
    Yeah I reckon is a good idea. No point having heaps of people there and then them not being able to hear anything!
  13. Mom
    Mom
    Sucks though, we would need power to operate it. I really am blonde
  14. DMCD
    DMCD
    I assume, if you hire one they should supply a generator?
  15. klingon
    klingon
    Do what you can Mom, and the Sewing Circle is behind you financially. If you can find something in time, this is exactly what the fund-raising is for so we will come to the party.

Loud hailers are good (and battery operated) if you can locate one in time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast